to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Ricky Gervais is in Scarface!

Your comments on our articles.

The Office star joins a number of veteran actors - like James Woods - in the Scarface cast list

What no Al Pacino? Well, it is - Mr. to you - Pacino's likeness being employed for lead character Tony Montana in Vivendi's Scarface: The World Is Yours videogame, but it's a Pacino voice-a-like behind the mask. Nevertheless, and apart from the absence of the main man's vocal talent, there's a number of 'knowns' (including veteran actors) that the publisher has secured to lend gravitas to the movie-based game of warring drug empires in 1980s Miami.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Ricky Gervais is in Scarface!

Postby humorguy » 04 May 2006, 18:20

Well, EA couldn't, maybe Vivendi can do a GTAIII/Morrowind/Boiling Point open ended gangster game.

Given the huge sums that must have been spent on the star voices, I doubt it, but hope so.
humorguy 47

Postby liquid_metal » 04 May 2006, 19:50

There are some strange voice choices in that list, I haven't been impressed with hwo this game is shaping up so far but at least they've got all out on the cast list.
Soldiers, when I give the command to fire, fire straight at my heart. Wait for the order. It will be my last. I have fought a hundred battles for France, and not one against her... Soldiers Fire!
liquid_metal 62

Postby MENT4LIST » 05 May 2006, 10:42

Ricky Gervais is a total cock.
MENT4LIST 26

no pacino?

Postby spottyelephant » 05 May 2006, 15:05

Scarface was made what it is by Pacino. This game has nothing to do with the film if he's not in it. What do they expect its unique selling point to be when they've already lost the main point of making the game?!. Its gonna fail miserably.
spottyelephant 42

Postby hahnchen » 09 May 2006, 21:01

Gervais isn't going to save this game from being an utter crock of s**t. Although it'll still sell by the bucketload like the Godfather game.
hahnchen 31

Postby liquid_metal » 09 May 2006, 21:27

I don’t understand why people buy The Godfather, if your desperate for that sort of game go and buy a copy of Mafia, its dirt cheap and about 100 times better (official estimate).
Soldiers, when I give the command to fire, fire straight at my heart. Wait for the order. It will be my last. I have fought a hundred battles for France, and not one against her... Soldiers Fire!
liquid_metal 62