to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Saboteur

Your comments on our articles.

Trust us, it won't be just another WWII game to throw on the pile...

Nazi-occupied France in the 1940s... What do you mean you've been there before? Many, many times? And you could walk down every rue and plaza blindfold, the amount of times you've liberated the city from the Germans? Okay, we admit that our first reaction on discovering that our pals at Pandemic were at work on yet another 360 WWII title was exasperation - but luckily they also realise that there's a lot of competition out there, which is why Saboteur has been packed wall-to-wall with novelty and innovation.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Saboteur

Postby diamdim » 27 May 2007, 13:07

I clicked on this article because of the title and old memories. Saboteur, reminded me one of my first games on my Amstad cpc 464, i kinda hopped it was refering to that game.
diamdim 38

Postby Mogs » 27 May 2007, 17:25

I was so bored reading through that, I have no interest in this game whatsoever.

It's got to the stage where WWII is just an instant turn off "But wait, this is diff-" SAVE IT! :x
Mogs 60

Postby Rollingthunder » 27 May 2007, 20:57

I'd rather see a remake of Saboteur too! And Lotus Espirit while you're at it! :)
It's only cheating if you get caught...
Rollingthunder 48

Postby Robodonkey » 28 May 2007, 16:06

Did you guys actually even read it at all?

This is the most interesting game i've seen in ages at least from an artistic point of view, and it doesn't take much to see that it actually ISN'T just another WWII shooter. Most of the screenshots (though they aren't uploaded here) show fist-fights, or the main character scaling buildings.

And ignoring the WWII themes that it's departing from, it sounds like it's even doing a fair amount of things that haven't been touched on much in any game. For example, there were strong implications towards its stealth system being based around keeping a low profile in a city full of other people, rather than the typical shadow-skulking breed of stealth gameplay that still finds its way into 20 new games a week even now.

I'm not saying that it's definitely going to be amazing - there simply isn't enough information to judge that yet - but to write it off as generic already seems entirely unfair.
Robodonkey 30

Postby myoldfruity » 28 May 2007, 17:26

Robodonkey wrote:Did you guys actually even read it at all?

This is the most interesting game i've seen in ages at least from an artistic point of view, and it doesn't take much to see that it actually ISN'T just another WWII shooter. Most of the screenshots (though they aren't uploaded here) show fist-fights, or the main character scaling buildings.

And ignoring the WWII themes that it's departing from, it sounds like it's even doing a fair amount of things that haven't been touched on much in any game. For example, there were strong implications towards its stealth system being based around keeping a low profile in a city full of other people, rather than the typical shadow-skulking breed of stealth gameplay that still finds its way into 20 new games a week even now.

I'm not saying that it's definitely going to be amazing - there simply isn't enough information to judge that yet - but to write it off as generic already seems entirely unfair.

What he said^
Xbox Live (360) Gamertag: SafeN8dog

-----------------------------------

Like a train through a pigeon.
myoldfruity 53

Postby Mogs » 28 May 2007, 18:26

Well your patience is admirable. Personally, I'm sick to the teeth of anything to do with WWII.

Perhaps we have reached the sad state of affairs where developers feel they have to sneak in innovative & unusual gameplay behind a familiar (and presumably financially safe) backdrop, like WWII. :(
Mogs 60

Postby Richyrich316 » 31 May 2007, 10:54

I personally dont care if its set in WW2 or whatever as long as the game delivers this is looking pretty good so I will be keeping my eyes on this one.

P.S a remake of of Saboteur would be pretty cool though if done well
Watch your step, the red mists of Richyrage are descending mwahahaha
Richyrich316 53

Postby Robodonkey » 02 Jun 2007, 01:30

Mogs wrote:Well your patience is admirable. Personally, I'm sick to the teeth of anything to do with WWII.

Perhaps we have reached the sad state of affairs where developers feel they have to sneak in innovative & unusual gameplay behind a familiar (and presumably financially safe) backdrop, like WWII. :(

That's actually quite a good point =/

While i am definitely still holding out hope, i wont pretend that i wouldn't prefer this same gameplay/story/art concept in a crazy original steampunk world or something. But maybe that's just me, heh =]
Robodonkey 30