to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Your comments on our articles.

Infinity Ward's definitive war shooter leaves World War II far behind for a brutal new battleground. Jamie Sefton reports from today's front line

Ever-grinning Infinity Ward president Grant Collier has put on his serious face. "Folks thought it would be Vietnam or Iraq, but nobody thought it would be a fictional conflict," he explains while revealing a snazzy T-shirt printed with a smart Call Of Duty 4 logo on the front and a battle scene on the back.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Postby funkyjack » 21 May 2007, 11:41

It is sounding very cool actually, but I am yet to be convinced the PC version will be optimised after the abysmal performance of CoD2 imo.
He who nades, always wins...
funkyjack 60

Xbox Live: Chimera Six
PSN ID: D1RTYRAT
Steam: C3ll_DirtyRat

Postby richm74 » 21 May 2007, 15:35

I've said it before and i'll say it again,

As long as the MP is as much fun as COD:UO was and not like the cluster fu......erm fudge that COD2 was, then i'll be a happy camper. Well, not camper! I would never do that in a MP game......honest......*cough*
"Ok, the gun's real....but dogs can look up!"
richm74 41

Postby Aircool_212 » 04 Jun 2007, 13:59

"A lot of the modern battles are very one-sided, so one team comes in and f***ing annihilates the other guy, then it's just insurgencies and mopping up"

I beg to f***ing differ!

A lot of modern battles aren't one sided, they're just fought differently due to the technology available.

Sounds like the original CoD with a skinjob and new storyline... unless they've had a good look at modern warfare (which isn't exclusive to the middle east).

Nice to see them working on a better iron sights system though as it's not possible to have the sights and target in focus. Which is why the red-dot sights are so popular, you can even have your eye 'off azimuth' with red-dot sights.
Aircool_212 50

Postby darthmelly » 04 Jun 2007, 20:36

Looks good, whether the ideas will be implimented successfully is anyones guess. Will just have to wait and see.

Speaking of which, any news on provisional release date and system requirements?
darthmelly 34

Postby Aircool_212 » 04 Jun 2007, 23:49

Just before christmas as is the CoD norm I expect. As for system specs, I'm guessing more than I can afford.
Aircool_212 50

COD4

Postby nathandi20 » 22 Apr 2008, 10:53

this is my first jumpin to the COD game, until i brought my xps laptop ive really not been able to play high spec games. even though i do have a pretty good gamer pc.

anyways back to game: well im very impressed the graphics are great smooth and very impressive, ive seen the game on the ps3 and was very happy to see the game transfers over to the pc as good as it has.

it was a toss up between this game or assasins greed, which i will get nxt week and il do a review of tht too.

the AI is is great the story is a bit close to the mark, but if the game was set in WW2 i wud not of brought way to many games are set in the old WW2 times and dont interest me at all so thts why i brought this..

great game
impressive graphics
will keep an eye out for the nxt chapter.
nathandi20 4