Medieval II: Total War

Your comments on our articles.

The Creative Assembly strikes gold once again as it returns us to medieval warfare

REVOLUTION, EVOLUTION, REVOLUTION, evolution. That's the development cycle by which the Total War series has single-handedly redefi ned the RTS genre over the past six years. And now, two years after Rome rode into town like a triumphant king to batter its competitors into a powdery submissive pulp with its ground-breaking blend of strategic depth and visceral, awe-inspiring real-time action, we arrive at an evolutionary junction for the franchise.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Medieval II: Total War

Postby JPE » 12 May 2007, 18:43

Massively over-hyped game, which, once you've got past the pretty graphics, delivers a hugely disappointing experience. Still buggy, even after the second patch (which took six months to be released). AI is hopelessly inept, and the game riddled with historical innaccuracy. 4/10 at best
JPE 1

Re: Medieval II: Total War

Postby User removed » 25 May 2007, 09:57

JPE wrote:Massively over-hyped game, which, once you've got past the pretty graphics, delivers a hugely disappointing experience. Still buggy, even after the second patch (which took six months to be released). AI is hopelessly inept, and the game riddled with historical innaccuracy. 4/10 at best

It is more than merely decent when playing 2 on 2 on lan though XD tight strategy and hundreds upon hundreds of dead. What's not to like?
User removed

Postby humorguy » 20 Oct 2007, 08:40

JPE - you had driver problems or something, because I have not had any major problems at all, and with AI mods and unit update mods and new faction mods and retrofit mods to allow Kingdoms features in the original game, and the amount of gameplay added by Kingdoms, this has to be the best strategy package since Rome Total War! PC Zone's 9.1 for MTW II and 9.0 for Kingdoms is just about right.

Little disappointed we only have three posts though....!
humorguy 47

Postby Andalus » 03 Jan 2008, 21:35

ok, its not the huge leap forwrd from rome we expected but its still better than rome, which makes it worthwhile

after months of commanding legionaries and hoplites, and axe wielding barbarians, its a relief to get back to medieval, with knights and halberdiers

much more fun
Andalus 6

Postby adam01526 » 24 Dec 2008, 11:13

I am ashamed to have this game. My first ever computer game was medieval total war and I played it until rome total war came out. Medieval 2 has no character, the campaign map is lifeless, the music is drab. Give me medieval 1's nice music and the lovely campaign map. Medieval 1 had amazing voice acting - you just had to listen to the movie at the start to realise this. People may say that medieval 2 has better graphics but you can shove your graphics for medieval 1 has what its counterpart will never have and that is character. Graphics are temporary character is forever. I'm off to rule the Italians in medieval 1
adam01526 20