to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Final Fantasy III

Your comments on our articles.

Proving that size doesn't matter

After launching exclusively in Japan on NES 17 years ago, and with the remake being available on DS in the US since late last year, Square Enix's 3D Final Fantasy III remake comes knocking on our door.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Final Fantasy III

Postby Zigzagoon » 03 May 2007, 11:45

Being a rampant Final Fantasy fan, this is just the sort of thing to tempt me into getting a DS.
"What's so great about Newton? 'E discovered gravity an' that but it wasn't like we were floatin' about or anythin'" - Karl Pilkington
Zigzagoon 65

Xbox Live: Osafune2
PSN ID: Osafune2

Final Fantasy III

Postby paulhudd » 03 May 2007, 11:45

sounds sexy. gotta raise the pennies for this one!

----------------------------------------------------
For a free Xbox 360, click this link. For more info, message me. Help me out guys, It's Totally FREE! P.S. Choose LoveFilm…Free DVD rentals for 2 weeks then cancel
http://www.channel4.com/music/myband/paulhudd
paulhudd 55

Xbox Live: myspacePAULHUDD
PSN ID: Phudd
Wii Code: some long number

Postby thiswaynow » 03 May 2007, 13:08

Sounds great from the review if you like FF games... I don't really get the score though. 7/10 sounds a bit low for a game that pushes the hardware as far as this game sounds like it does, is a really lengthy adventure, etc. It's being marked down for following the same formula as the rest of the series, but then surely this is re-make of a game released in Japan years ago? Can we expect a remake to innovate that much?

I think for a FF fan this is more of a 8/10 at least.
thiswaynow 29

Postby User removed » 03 May 2007, 16:21

yeah, i think this should deserve at least 8.3 or something considering the sheer size of it. Also, it's a final fintasy, which'll make it a surefire reliable game.
User removed

Postby android-sheep » 03 May 2007, 18:10

no a 7 is about right for this game and it is on the whole a fair review, there are problems with the game and most of these problems come from the fact that it is 20 years old, and a general mismanagement of the DS capabilitys, touch screen and second screen sacrificed for the graphics. honestly though this has probably always been the weakest game in the series. it is a big game but there isnt much to do in it besides go from boss to boss and leveling up. I wrote a review which points out more of the failings of the game in the forums.
android-sheep 56

Postby Al3x » 05 May 2007, 07:36

Grammar, syntax and spelling checks on the articles please.
Al3x 44

Postby metallicorphan » 06 May 2007, 07:09

i'm loving this game

i think it deserves more than a 7
metallicorphan 60

Xbox Live: metallicorphan
PSN ID: metallicorphan
Wii Code: 8008135-111111111

This game is awesome!

Postby User removed » 08 Jun 2007, 23:53

This game is pretty awesome. Even though some parts of it are outdated the story is amazing. I definetly can't wait for Final Fantasy IV for the DS.
User removed