God of War II

Your comments on our articles.

PS2 gets angry and violent

Just like Hollywood in the mid-80s the last few years have seen a barrage of quality action games explode on to scene. Half-Life 2 had stunning set-pieces, Resident Evil 4 had rock-solid pacing and now God of War II has the most brutal, visceral combat of any action game on PC or consoles. Kratos could chin Schwarzenegger as well.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

God of War II

Postby g2dat » 25 Apr 2007, 15:03

Can't help but wonder why Sony didn't push for this as PS3 launch title, with this nice PS2 version available aswell.

I mean, I have a PS3 and this is the game I am looking forward to getting for it...a PS2 title!

This looks great as it is and it is good to see the PS2 getting a really good game, as opposed to the usual crap, as a farewell.

I just think Sony could have played this card a whole lot better..
g2dat 55

Postby plodalong28 » 25 Apr 2007, 15:45

For christ sake CVG can you not please bring another magizine out i miss reading your reviews and articles. Can't wait to get my hands on this game.
plodalong28 52

Re: God of War II

Postby falloutwarchief » 25 Apr 2007, 17:21

g2dat wrote:I mean, I have a PS3 and this is the game I am looking forward to getting for it...a PS2 title!

Exact same situation here man, you're not alone.
Can't friggin' wait!!

God of War was the reson I bought a PS2. Well, re-bought a PS2.
Got one when GTA3 released but got rid of it later to move on to better things... namely Xbox and Gamecube.
God of War made me go buy a nice new slimline PS2 to play it on.

Now the sequel will probably be my best PS3 experience, and it's not even a PS3 game.
If this is what they can pull off on PS2 I can't wait for a PS3 version! Well actually I can wait, for at least as long as it takes to complete this one. :wink:
falloutwarchief 58

Postby User removed » 25 Apr 2007, 21:44

I can't wait to get my sweaty mits on this on Friday. :)
User removed

Postby Nutterbynature » 26 Apr 2007, 09:21

just think u ps3 owners that at least this will b cheap new, so its win win all round. i bought this 4 my ps2 and i was well impressed, its alot better then some of my 360 games
Nutterbynature 50

twisted idea of fun.

Postby Love_Blood » 28 Apr 2007, 06:53

Got to love games that make you use your brain, not just your thumbs. Kind of scared though....cause last boss in the first GoW on spartan is bloody freakin hard...can't wait to play GoW2 on super hard hehehe :twisted:
~You can not escape, my little antichrist~
Love_Blood 7

Postby funkyjack » 16 May 2007, 10:16

I just dug out my 7 year old PS2 especially to play this game, and I am not dissapointed it rocks!

It looks amazing, I kept looking under my telly to make sure my PS2 hadn't been mysteriously replaced by a PS3 (now that would be good!), and although I find some of the puzzles a little unobvious to work out, it is great fun! It feels really epic and its been a long time since I LOL at myself dying when playing a game.

A really great game, not played a hack n slash type game for years (FPS freak), and this game takes me back to the days of Golden Axe.

BUY IT!
He who nades, always wins...
funkyjack 60

Xbox Live: Chimera Six
PSN ID: D1RTYRAT
Steam: C3ll_DirtyRat