Eternal Sonata

Your comments on our articles.

TB, tubas and turnips... what the hell's going on?

We were very, very happy when we first heard of Microsoft's plans to woo the huge Japanese market, opening up 360 development to native game creators, because there's a certain kind of "Woah, where the hell did THAT idea come from?!" quality to many of the Japanese titles that you just don't get anywhere else. Already we've had the lush and half-bonkers Blue Dragon, and now we've got the sweet-looking and stark raving Eternal Sonata, née Trusty Bell. In fact, readers who expect nothing more from their 360 game's backstory than 'aliens invade and subsequently get their faces blown off' should turn away now.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Eternal Sonata

Postby boskersrevenge » 02 Apr 2007, 12:56

At last... Clarinet based battles.

*lips tremble*

I never thought I'd see the day.

*breaks down into uncontrollable sobs*

Actually, this does genuinely appeal to me... CVG you're right, the Japs do it like no-one else!
I wash born here, an I wash raished here, and dad gum it, I am gonna die here, an no sidewindin' bushwackin', hornswagglin' cracker croaker is gonna rouin me bishen cutter.
boskersrevenge 70

Xbox Live: Boskerville
PSN ID: Boskerville
Wii Code: 3DS 5455-9459-3634
Steam: Boskerville

Postby AegisK » 07 Apr 2007, 00:34

I think the 360 will be a RPGrz console. The Japs love 'em and they love to make them. We like Japs, we like 360. Everyone happy.

OK, that was a little too far... As for the game, it's interesting. It won't be anything like Jade Empire, but it should be as popular.
AegisK 36

Postby cagutter » 11 Apr 2007, 18:25

AegisK wrote:I think the 360 will be a RPGrz console. The Japs love 'em and they love to make them. We like Japs, we like 360. Everyone happy.

OK, that was a little too far... As for the game, it's interesting. It won't be anything like Jade Empire, but it should be as popular.

I don't expect it to be as popular as the Bioware games over here (in much the same way as Xenosaga & Dark Cloud never really took off over here), but from what I've seen it's a beautiful game (stylistically vs. technically) and a great premise. Three JRPGs to look for (BD, LO & now ES) but is it going to be enough to woo the Japanese to embrace the 360? Who cares, as long as they make it to these shores and gives us something more than shooters to look forward to!
cagutter 47