to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Burnout Dominator

Your comments on our articles.

Old Burnout meets new Burnout, but it's a surprisingly uncomfortable drive

You can split the four Burnouts thus far into two categories: the racing ones (the first game and its sequel, Point Of Impact) and the crashing ones (Takedown and Revenge). After Revenge, however, some folk muttered about how far the series had strayed from its purist roots, moaning about how 'unrealistic' it was to plough through the back of thirteen trucks and emerge unscathed. Two camps emerged - one preferring knife-edge discipline, the other fun. And so now comes Dominator, which attempts to combine the straight-edged driving of old with the car-wrecking fizzbomb of the modern Burnout.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Burnout Dominator

Postby sonicfury » 22 Mar 2007, 12:59

All a bit dissapointing, all the magazine previews I have read have been really positive with high expectations, hopefully the Xbox 360 version will be a different beast!
sonicfury 44

Re: Burnout Dominator

Postby dpmarshy » 25 Mar 2007, 14:23

sonicfury wrote:All a bit dissapointing, all the magazine previews I have read have been really positive with high expectations, hopefully the Xbox 360 version will be a different beast!

I think you're getting confused - there isn't a X360 version of Burnout Dominator (now, or ever) - Burnout Dominator is Burnout v4.5, and exclusive to PS2 and PSP.

Burnout 5, the true successor to Burnout(s) 3 & 4, is due this summer on the next-gen platforms. I'm assuming this is the game you are thinking of? The latest issue of [US magazine] GamePro has a big feature on it...
dpmarshy 29

Postby Rorschach » 27 Mar 2007, 12:45

The guy who reviewed it (David Cook) and gave it 8.1 isn't to be trusted. I bought it and it's great. It may be a bit short, but that's because there's no Crash mode, plus it's a lot more challenging as it actually involves a bit of skill to play rather than just hold 'X' and 'R1'.

GO AND BUY BURNOUT DOMINATOR!
Please...
PSN ID: Rorschach-2007
No one, absolutely no one can catch EL MAGNIFICO!
Rorschach 49