to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Sega reveals new The Golden Compass info

Your comments on our articles.

Play as Lyra and Iorek Byrnison, with the movie's major actors lending their likenesses

New details on Sega's videogame tie-in with movie The Golden Compass, which is based on the first book in Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy, have emerged.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Sega reveals new The Golden Compass info

Postby boskersrevenge » 27 Feb 2007, 18:10

I don't know... the books were fantastic! Great reads, both the game and the film have so much to live up to.

Hopefully they'll adopt a stylised approach, lending itself more to the fantasy feeling.
I wash born here, an I wash raished here, and dad gum it, I am gonna die here, an no sidewindin' bushwackin', hornswagglin' cracker croaker is gonna rouin me bishen cutter.
boskersrevenge 70

Xbox Live: Boskerville
PSN ID: Boskerville
Wii Code: 3DS 5455-9459-3634
Steam: Boskerville

Postby SaBrE_UK » 27 Feb 2007, 21:24

This game will be bad because I want it to be good. His Dark Materials is my favourite set of books ever and I want both this game and the film to be good. The game will be aimed at ages 5 to 9 and the film won't do the books justice. I want to cry. :lol:
SaBrE_UK 46

Postby DaRockwilder1 » 27 Feb 2007, 22:18

Trust the gods of SEGA. 8)
Gaming since 1985
DaRockwilder1 65

Xbox Live: DaRockwilder1
PSN ID: DaRockwilder1

Postby -Doomus- » 28 Feb 2007, 13:07

I love the books and am cautiously optimistic about the film - despite there being wobblings over the anti-religious themes, the cast is good and the pictures on IMDB look like it might be a dcent adaptation.

If only the game could be a decent adaptation as well and not the bog-standard cash-in that the majority of film licences seem to be blighted with.
-Doomus- 50

Postby stuartbish » 28 Feb 2007, 13:12

It's been a fair old while since I read the books but I remember the first two being awesome. Hopefully the game - and the movie - won't be a pile of old cobblers. Or maybe that should be gobblers. Ahem.
stuartbish 59

Postby SunScramble » 28 Feb 2007, 13:28

So, a re-dress of the Harry Potter games, then, but with Dust instead of Jelly Beans?

They should get Michel Ancel on the job again, and give him "As Much Time As He Needs."
But Master, does not the fire need water too? (Heh-heh)
Does not the mountain need the storm?
Does not your scrotum need kicking?

(SunScramble@Playfire)
SunScramble 60

Postby MarcuFenix » 28 Feb 2007, 18:05

The books were great but the games are obviously going to be pretty bad. Games based on movies or books usually are. Not to mention that this game appears to be comming out for just about all the game systems anyways which is already a bad sign...
MarcuFenix 49