Prince of Persia: Rival Swords

Your comments on our articles.

Preview: Hands-on impressions, exclusive screens

Prince of Persia: Rival Swords is a remake of Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones which was released in late 2005 on pretty much every format going.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Prince of Persia: Rival Swords

Postby maugrim2712 » 21 Feb 2007, 20:38

I haven't played this game, and want to. That doesn't mean i'm going to be fooled by ubisoft into paying full price for a 2 year old game i can get on the Cube for about a fiver.

It's all well and good porting games, but i think they should have at least done something with the graphics, maybe given the Wii version a new level or area or something.
Gamertag: ciaran2712
maugrim2712 63

Postby AlbertStoots » 21 Feb 2007, 23:29

Why give it a different name? It's the same game just with Wii controls! When will 3rd party publishers realise we want new games with graphics better than the original XBox and using the unique features of the Wii to draw us into the game. The only decent 3rd party game so far has been Red Steel.
AlbertStoots 46

Postby boskersrevenge » 22 Feb 2007, 08:17

:( Oh dear, what is this? Waggling and shaking is as much as the game offers for motion control?

Crap!
I wash born here, an I wash raished here, and dad gum it, I am gonna die here, an no sidewindin' bushwackin', hornswagglin' cracker croaker is gonna rouin me bishen cutter.
boskersrevenge 70

Xbox Live: Boskerville
PSN ID: Boskerville
Wii Code: 3DS 5455-9459-3634
Steam: Boskerville

Postby User removed » 22 Feb 2007, 15:23

boskersrevenge wrote::( Oh dear, what is this? Waggling and shaking is as much as the game offers for motion control?

Crap!

????????

Its motion sensitive, dingus. How the hell else would you do the motion control???!!!?!!?!? Sucking the wii mote off?
User removed

Re: Prince of Persia: Rival Swords

Postby CVG Mike » 22 Feb 2007, 21:28

maugrim2712 wrote:I haven't played this game, and want to. That doesn't mean i'm going to be fooled by ubisoft into paying full price for a 2 year old game i can get on the Cube for about a fiver.

It's all well and good porting games, but i think they should have at least done something with the graphics, maybe given the Wii version a new level or area or something.

Yeah, I love the Prince of Persia games, and liked The Twin Thrones.

But it's old.

A few new levels would have been nice; a whole new PoP game - even with the same graphics engine - would have been better. Much better.
CVG Mike 56

Postby BlindFish » 23 Feb 2007, 00:04

Definitely not worth paying full price for what sound like fairly feeble tacked on Wii controls... if you can get hold of it just get the Gamecube version - a lot cheaper for basically the same experience.

As for the name-change - I'm sure film producers have done the same thing in the past... but it's bad and lazy and they need a good kicking for thinking they can get away with it.
BlindFish 47