to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Sixaxis tilt control 'rubbish' says Sega man

Your comments on our articles.

Sega Rally PS3 developer misses rumble function

There have been loads of grumbles and gripes about Sixaxis - the motion-sensing thing is a bit gimmicky, Wii does it better and that the rumble is hugely missed.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Sixaxis tilt control 'rubbish' says Sega man

Postby jmb » 14 Feb 2007, 15:27

i like the new pad, and rumble ad ons are available
ps3 gamer tag: jmb777

bye
jmb 28

Postby bennamin » 14 Feb 2007, 16:30

I think he should take his thoughts and stick the up his artisticly shaped butt.
bennamin 45

Postby bennamin » 14 Feb 2007, 16:33

This is my actuall quote. Ilove the new technology it will strenghthen your uppper arms if you use it a lot inb some games which use it violently :shock: . Also the rumble will be available but the games won't incorporate the rumble feature unless sony agree to make rumble and tilt pads. :shock: Do miss ye olde rumble though :(
bennamin 45

Postby bennamin » 14 Feb 2007, 16:37

Please can someone tell me how to put the little message underneath what you actually write here. I am confused :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
bennamin 45

Postby Tyler » 14 Feb 2007, 20:39

Bennamin Wrote:
Please can someone tell me how to put the little message underneath what you actually write here. I am confused

near the top of the forum it says forum index search memberlist Profile...ect if you click profile you can change your Signature :!:

and not to look stupid, but i didn't like the rumbe feature at all i used to always turn it off so theres no downside for me!
For up-to-date news, in-depth reviews and previews go to TGSN.

For great gaming debates come to the TGSN Forums!
Tyler 54

Postby Chris W » 15 Feb 2007, 01:47

Sony could always make developers add rumble function so people could turn it off and on (like it was in PS1 days, most PS2 games had rumble on - if not all). I think this would be the best way to make people go out and buy new controller with rumble if they ain't happy with Sixaxis as it is now. It's not needed, but some people will love to have one. IMO, I don't think Sony will adopt rumble again unless it becomes a selling point for Microsoft or Nintendo. Personally, lack of rumble hasn't stopped me buying a PS3, but it sure as hell would add to the experience (thinking MotorStorm here guys)! :wink:
Chris W 70

Postby LeX_207 » 15 Feb 2007, 12:11

I havent obviously been hand on with the tilt pad yet but I think its a good idea that many games in PS3s future will utilise. As for rumble Im sure everyone will eventually get used to it not being there and will probably end up not realising the difference.
LeX_207 50

PSN ID: LeX_207
Steam: lex_207

Postby Skynrd » 16 Feb 2007, 22:25

Rumble is nice, but I doubt Sony will upgrade the SixAxis, as that would mean more data over the Blu-ray. And that could possibly mean less players. Don't forget it was taken out due to a lawsuit. If sony make a new type of rumble, patent it themselves, then I'm happy!
OMG!! PSP FAN SITE!
http://www.pspcube.com
OMG!! I AM ADMIN ON AFOREMENTIONED PSP FAN SITE!
Skynrd 22

Postby User removed » 17 Feb 2007, 17:36

You know I loved PS2.. they were ahead of Nintendo bya large curve.. developers made more games for them ( EXCLUSIVES ) over Nintendo at that point because the profit margin of games on disc over games on cratridge was HUGE ( like 20-40 dollars ! because electronic catridges simply had more overhead cost over a Soda Coaster )

This time I like Wii and 360.. Developers seem to be putting out more Exclusives for 360.. and slower sales Of PS3 is also keeping 'Would Be' EXCLUSIVES on PS3 from ever seeing light. A few of PS3 Exclusives like Assassins Creed were also decided to be put in 360.. This hurts Sony's chances to ever be anywhere close to PS2 sales. Its a VICIOUS Cycle.. Less Exclusives mean less sales.. less sales mean Developers won't consider Exclusives because they wont make money back.. Before you know it.. 2yrs have gone by and people realise this thing isn't getting anywhere. In as many of you know the PS2 is outselling the PS3 in Japan - which is not good news because Japan is the one area where PS3 sales are QUOTE UN-QUOTE "Fair" .. And Wii is outselling them both in Japan ..

Its going to be a close battle between 360 and Wii.. mainly because Wii's price point is alot lower.. Unless Sony can lower the price alot they can't be a contender.. My cousin bought a PS3 is has a 360.. he can't find a Wii.. He's thinking about selling his PS3 after all the news lately.. and 95% of the games they have coming out are out on 360 already and offer no to little improvements..

I think Sony should've just sucked it up.. and payed for the right to keep using Rumble like MS and Nintendo have. If they'd just do that it would bring back some of the Feedback_Interactive feeling to PS3 gaming... And lower the price. Im not talking about "This is a good deal for the money" either..because it could be a good deal doesn't equate to it being a pratical sell to a family. Yeah, I'm talking about "Practicality" for families of four who have to survive and buy a PS2 or Wii or 299 Xbox simply because they can afford it now and upgrade it later.. 600 is alot to drop at one time and by the time you gets games.. etc.. more

We have to pay more then the Japanese for a PS3.. Soon the PS3 will launch in Europe who ( because of SOny who has raised the price there ) will have to pay more then Americans. So Japanese pay less.. Americans more.. and Europeans pay even more! And they think they're going to sell well in Europe ? The avg income of Europeans who bought a PS2 is about 35-40k.. Sony is in trouble getting this thing off the ground. All this time they thought these things would sell like pancakes in the 1920's !
User removed

Postby User removed » 17 Feb 2007, 19:29

LeX_207 wrote:I havent obviously been hand on with the tilt pad yet but I think its a good idea that many games in PS3s future will utilise. As for rumble Im sure everyone will eventually get used to it not being there and will probably end up not realising the difference.

I think this is a very NARROW and obvious Fany Boy kind of mentality. Like I said, I loved my PS2.

PS2 is outselling the PS3 in the place PS3 is selling best - Japan. In fact its the only place PS3 is selling "ok" because its being outsold by both PS2 and Wii which have "Rumble" .. Xbox 360 which has only sold 200k Plus units in Japan is the number one seller worldwide. 11 million units as of now ( in one year ) ..

Rumble simply isn't going away. Im an open minded man and I love technology. Lets also use our heads. A Sixaxis type controller was built for 360 by some hobbyist and demo'd to show how simple, easy and cheap the technology is for PS3's controller.. It was a obvious defiant stab by Sony who thought if "They" didn't do it ( Rumble ) the world would crumble into a ball and everyone would follow. It's just not happening.

Rumble is needed for sports games like baseball to let you know secret plays when you play against a friend on the same console on the same tv.. Its very cool to feel and "know" you're being hit from behind by a bullet instead of just seeing a flashing red on the screen.. Its nice to feel the road in a racing game.

Removing force feedback ( rumble ) takes away from where we want to go - to make the game more real feeling. Before rumble what did we have ? NOTHING !!
What do we have with PS3 ? Nothing !

Yes, theres that silly motion sensing crap in the controller.. that might not go away.. thing is.. ANYONE can do that in the future, including MS..
Sony can do something nice for its followers - and people who wanted to buy a PS3, but won't -- add rumble just by settling that silly lawsuit.
User removed

Postby Rorschach » 10 Apr 2007, 16:45

I always thought the rumble feature was vital to some games. I had trouble knowung when I had been shot in GTA:LCS, as it didn't rumble when you got hit.

I can't even imagine how much more troublesome playing Colin McRae is gonna be without the rumble. It was used to indicate when you were sliding off the road a bit, but now ... well, I'm gonna have to guess.
PSN ID: Rorschach-2007
No one, absolutely no one can catch EL MAGNIFICO!
Rorschach 49

Get an XBOX SIXAXIS WIRELESS CONTROLLER NOW

Postby systemstar » 12 Aug 2008, 19:22

Buy a ready to use XBOX 360 Tilt/SIXAXIS wireless controller here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0276241707
or just search on eBay for item number – 180276241707
Works in any game on any XBOX 360 console worldwide...see for details
systemstar 1