to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

"No plans" for Okami on Wii, says Capcom

Your comments on our articles.

Capcom UK plays down Okami Wii rumours

Capcom's epic PS2 adventure, Okami, could be making its way if recent internet rumours are to be believed.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

"No plans" for Okami on Wii, says Capcom

Postby Doctor_Hades » 14 Feb 2007, 11:56

Why 'late PS2'? The machine is still very much alive yet that term makes it sound like it's a dead system. :?
Doctor_Hades 37

Postby spooney100 » 14 Feb 2007, 13:07

Talk about a missed opportunity!
spooney100 57

Xbox Live: SHINE100
PSN ID: SHINE100

Postby _Marty_ » 14 Feb 2007, 17:32

spooney100 wrote:Talk about a missed opportunity!

Meh - I'd rather see new games rather than the current trend which seems to be port games from X many months ago that were designed for a conventional controller. This generally results in fiddly, shoe-horned controls, and a perception that the Wii is hugely underpowered because of the state of the graphics....

I fail to see how the Wii cannot have a decent showing of graphics when its '2 or 3 times more powerful than the GameCube'. Just look at Resident Evil 4. Stunning looking game. Nothing has come close to this on the Wii yet (with the possible exception of Zelda, but even then, I still say Resi looked better).
_Marty_ 59

Xbox Live: Da Sausageman

Re: "No plans" for Okami on Wii, says Capcom

Postby Mr Vengeance » 14 Feb 2007, 18:03

Doctor_Hades wrote:Why 'late PS2'? The machine is still very much alive yet that term makes it sound like it's a dead system. :?

Sure, the PS2 will be recieving new releases for a few years yet, but as far a first party titles and big name exclusives go, the console has few left to come in the future. God of War II, Final Fantasy XII and Okami being released will mark the end of an era.
I'm still great and you're still a smelly tosser
Mr Vengeance 62

Postby chris_gower » 14 Feb 2007, 18:13

I don't buy the "more powerful than a gamecube" line...
Guybrush: I'm on a whole new adventure.
Pirate: Growing a mustache?
Guybrush: No, Bigger than That
Pirate: A beard?!?
----------------------------------
PSN ID: The_Johnson
chris_gower 53

Postby _Marty_ » 15 Feb 2007, 09:22

chris_gower wrote:I don't buy the "more powerful than a gamecube" line...

Why? It could be considerably more powerful than the GameCube, but because of lazy developers all the Wii seems to be getting is ports of old games with badly added control schemes.

I would be amazed if Nintendo brought out a system that was technically the same (or worse) then their previous system from 4 or 5 years ago. That's just not good business sense (or maybe it is. It is flying off the shelves, and if the Wii is just a reboxed cube, Nintendo must be laughing themselves stupid...).
Hmm...
_Marty_ 59

Xbox Live: Da Sausageman

Postby MENT4LIST » 15 Feb 2007, 10:12

Surely a wii version is even more redundant than the PS2 one since that's the platform Twilight Princess is on, which does the whole adventure-played-as-wolf thing better anyway.

I'm really annoyed that they delayed Okami till after the wii's release in the UK, since my experience from playing the OPSM demo tells me Zelda has totally spoiled it for me.
MENT4LIST 26