to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

First Godfather Wii screens

Your comments on our articles.

In-game shots of the Sicilian gangsters at work on Wii

Check out the first screens of EA upcoming Godfather: Blackhand Edition for Wii.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

First Godfather Wii screens

Postby omnian » 10 Feb 2007, 00:51

Looks a bit jaggy. I wouldn't say it looks the same as the Xbox version. Somewhat less really.

But that could just be me.
omnian 48

Postby dark_gamer » 10 Feb 2007, 01:43

See the screenshot with the man in the purple suit being held up? Imagine doing that with the Wiimote & Nunchuck :lol:
dark_gamer 53

Postby dead_head1 » 10 Feb 2007, 13:01

that looks much worse than the Xbox version, plus for some reason the Wii cannot do anti-aliasing making everything look a horrible jaggy mess. The draw distance is far from what the Xbox version was. Anyways, i thought this game sucked so there is no way in hell EA are gonna get me to buy another version of this poor excuse for The Godfather. Roll on Scarface is all can say!
dead_head1 43

Postby crashlock » 10 Feb 2007, 17:08

Looks like a PSP game :shock: :cry:
crashlock 27

Postby User removed » 11 Feb 2007, 01:10

If you have a Wii you can't complain about the graphics in Wii games, you accept them when you buy it.

As for The Godfather, I think I'll pick it up on Wii as I never did on the other consoles. It's supposed to have more content than the other versions bar the PS3 version and the Wii controls seem pretty decent even if it's not a game built from the ground up for the Wii.
User removed

Postby ash1991 » 11 Feb 2007, 18:41

stretch2002uk wrote:If you have a Wii you can't complain about the graphics in Wii games, you accept them when you buy it.

i know we can't expect anything on a 360 or ps3 scale, but isn't the wii hardware meant to be capable of matching and beating the xbox?
ash1991 41

Postby ianfosse » 12 Feb 2007, 00:33

I just saw a video walkthrough of it and it actually looks quite good.If you want to see the video too go to this internet address

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8MmV6SFTP0
ianfosse 37

Postby _Marty_ » 15 Feb 2007, 09:52

ash1991 wrote:I know we can't expect anything on a 360 or ps3 scale, but isn't the wii hardware meant to be capable of matching and beating the xbox?

It depends on how much spin Nintendo put on their press releases. They mentioned that is was 'more powerful', but that doesn't necessarily translate directly into graphics. Maybe Ninty just meant its got a better processor or more RAM or whatever you can measure power in with a console (I ain't no expert)...
That would be kind of underhanded of them to be honest - most people consider better graphics a sign of more power, but this tactic would not surprise me.

After all, we've seen nothing on the Wii even on par with the likes of Resi 4 yet, and yet the Wii is '2 or 3 times' the power of the cube? So, um, why the hell not?
_Marty_ 59

Xbox Live: Da Sausageman