Okami

Your comments on our articles.

The wolf sim finally gets an English translation, but remains wonderful

Okami looks amazing. But you already knew that, so we'll get down to business from the off and tell you how it plays. Well, after we tell you about how amazing it looks when Amaterasu, the main character, restores nature with the Celestial Brush.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Okami

Postby User removed » 09 Feb 2007, 19:08

Hoooooooo.....am i the only person who thinks this game would be good on the wii?

ALSO, how does the brush strokrey stuff work? Doy you move the analogue stick?? paint on the tv?
User removed

Okami

Postby bforbosker » 09 Feb 2007, 19:10

The game that has convinced me to buy a PS2 - it only took just over 6 years, too. :wink:
I enjoy pineapples. Although they can be uncomfortable going up.
bforbosker 38

Postby Mr Vengeance » 09 Feb 2007, 22:20

I really want to get this game but I still haven't finished Zelda: TP yet and I also want to hold my cash until FFXII turns up at the end of the month....
I'm still great and you're still a smelly tosser
Mr Vengeance 62

Postby Chris W » 10 Feb 2007, 01:34

Do not hold out on this game! Contribute the extra few pounds to give development of games like this that extra push, as the industry sorely needs it! :roll: I have no idea what Clover's plans are for next gen consoles, but I have a feeling it will make my very soul weep for joy :!:

It is quite honestly a pinnacle in gaming, and I am surely glad to see it not get lost in the din of the recent Wii release, and soon to be PS3 euphoria. :roll: I cannot think of a single game that encompasses visual brilliance, artistic design, straightforward enjoyable gameplay AND more challenging, in-depth substance - so those who want their main characters built like a big bald buff space marine with spraygun, instead of a magical wolf with a magic paintbrush, need not apply :P - this is a game about soul for those who wish to experience and pursue it. :D

The game is absolutley magical. Oh, and has a totally whacky, Japanese style, which I love :!: Simply masterful :wink:
Last edited by Chris W on 13 Feb 2007, 14:20, edited 1 time in total.
Chris W 70

Postby Legend_SM » 10 Feb 2007, 03:33

I will be buying this game when I go to Norwich tomorow. It looks amazing. :)
Legend_SM 26

Postby myoldfruity » 10 Feb 2007, 12:15

Chris W wrote:Do not hold out on this game! Contribute the extra few pounds to give development of games like this that extra push, as the industry sorely needs it! :roll: I have no idea what Clover's plans are for next gen consoles, but I have a feeling it will make my very soul weep for joy :!:

It is quite honestly a pinnacle in gaming, and I am surely glad to see it not get lost in the din of the recent Wii release, and soon to be PS3 euphoria. :roll: I cannot think of a single game that encompasses visual brilliance, artistic design, straightforward enjoyable gameplay AND more challenging, in-depth substance - so those who want their main characters built like a big bald buff space marine with spraygun, instead of a magical wolf with a magic paintbrush, need not apply :P - this is a game about soul for those who wish to experience and pursue it. :D

The game is absolutley magical. Oh, and has a totally whacky, Japanese style, which I love :!: Simply masterful :wink:

ditch all the 'emoticons' and blue text and you might just have yourself a valid argument there son
Xbox Live (360) Gamertag: SafeN8dog

-----------------------------------

Like a train through a pigeon.
myoldfruity 53

OKAMI and CLOVER

Postby canary00 » 10 Feb 2007, 13:08

This game is fantastic. Only had it a couple of days but have to say it is the most beautiful game I have ever played. I have often found myself just wandering round looking at the jawdroppingly gorgeous graphics.
Anyway for those hoping for a Wii version or a sequel, unfortunately it looks unlikely as Clover have now been closed by Capcom as people don't buy games like this.
Everyone who has a PS2 should get OKAMI and maybe developers will carry on with projects like this.

PS It seems a massive game, not sure how I'm gonna get this finished before FFXII comes out. Clever release schedules. Nothing to play for months and now OKAMI, FFXII and GOW2 all in a couple of months.
canary00 32

Postby thelazyone » 10 Feb 2007, 18:23

Its just a shame its being a released on a dieing console. I wonder how many people why buy this on the Wii or the other current "next" generation machines.

Just I dont think it would sell more if the timing was better..
thelazyone 57

Xbox Live: HyperSinperPOW
PSN ID: Googie_1
Wii Code: WiiU- 2hathuddas

Postby Sir_Loin_Ofsteak » 10 Feb 2007, 18:23

This is a truly fantastic game, from the visuals to the storyline to the overall theme. It's very rare that I play a game that is just beautiful - not just lush graphically, but actually beautiful. The swansong of the PS2, and a must-have.
I remember when all these fields were blue.
Sir_Loin_Ofsteak 63

Postby lonewolf2002 » 11 Feb 2007, 09:58

Chris W wrote:Do not hold out on this game! Contribute the extra few pounds to give development of games like this that extra push, as the industry sorely needs it! :roll: I have no idea what Clover's plans are for next gen consoles, but I have a feeling it will make my very soul weep for joy :!:

You are right but shame is that the dev company that made this has closed already i believe i read somewhere.
What you need to remember is that there's what people want to hear, there's what people want to believe, there's everything else, THEN there's the truth!

360 Lon3Wolf2002

PSN lone_WOLF2002

Steam lonewolf10
lonewolf2002 64

Okami

Postby Fly_Me_Friendly » 11 Feb 2007, 14:16

Just finished Twilight Princess yesturday and am about three hours into Okami (you wait months for a good game then three turn up at once, what with Final Fantasy 12 out at the end of the month, typical).

I am already absolutely blown away by this games beauty and I havn't even left the opening village. I kept running up and down the hill near the beginning just for the sheer joy of the visuals, and the pleasure of guiding the wolf (sorry, forgot the name) through them.

I also get quite a strong sense of melancoly playing Okami, as it will be the last great game on the PS2. I don't think the hardware can possibly be pushed any further than this, and therefore probably represents the consoles death. What a swansong though! Highly recommended.
Fly_Me_Friendly 54

Postby Chris W » 13 Feb 2007, 14:24

lonewolf2002 wrote:You are right but shame is that the dev company that made this has closed already i believe i read somewhere.

If true, then it truly is a sad day for the games industry. I'm not too surprised though tbh. Okami might be probably the best game I've ever played but it's undeniable that it's a hard game to sell as at first glance it's not very "casual-y". Capcom needed to promote this heavily as a "zelda beater" (though I HATE the whole "mario beater" or "halo beater" kind of mentality) to make sure that gamers knew about this game.

Maybe they will be picked up by Sony, which would give them a LOT of room to play with, and it looks like Sony are more open to funding small teams with amazing ideas (like the ICO and SOTC team) even though the games might not be best sellers... Who knows, maybe detaching themselves from Capcom is better for them. If the team is just dismantled and spread around Capcom, it will be a real shame.
Chris W 70

Postby Railgun_Sniper » 19 Feb 2007, 12:18

This will probably be the last game I get for PS2, a last blaze of glory for a console that's been dying on it's arse for a while now.
Railgun_Sniper 64

Postby Linkyshinks » 25 Feb 2007, 11:38

I bought this. i love this, i hope for a Wii sequel despite Clover demise, i hope Capcom make efforts to bring us a sequel as the Wii remote is perfect for this game. LS
Linkyshinks 41