Neverend

Your comments on our articles.

Welcome to Neverend an RPG which does its best to pretend we've never heard of big names like Morrowind

... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Neverend

Postby humorguy » 28 Mar 2006, 12:04

You may be right about the voice acting, but I am a little fed up with "production values" being used as a sledge hammer against smaller publishers/mid range titles. These graphics are good enough. Are we to just wait for a Bethesda title every 4 years? And what about the millions who cannot run Oblivian on their PC? Are they not entitled to have options?

Talking of blandness, Oblivian is almost the same story as Morrowind. Dreamfall, the follow up to The Longest Journey has a story of a teenager having strange dreams, which is exactly the same story as TLJ. And why not say Balduers Gate II was bland as it was the same as BG1? Why not say that for all Wizard/Goblin/Knight games?

This game is £20 not £40, so I may give it a try. But these reviews that are all now saying in so many ways "Just buy games from these major advertisers: (enter the five largest publishers)" is not good enough.
humorguy 47

Postby User removed » 08 Jul 2006, 19:38

Your so wrong about your whole comment. If you say your comment is totally true then Neverend is a copy of almost every RPG out there. The games you mention are continued stories from the first one, thats why they are called Baldur's Gate II, The Longest Journey 2: Dreamfall (ie part 2), of course it would be about the same story, then it wouldn't be called part 2.

The reviewer was totally correct about this whole game, it down right is awful. I wouldn't tell someone to buy it if I saw it at a garage sale for $1 (new even). Totally rushed out the door, janitor from the building they work in is used as one of the voice actors it sounds like. I'd give it a 1.5 out of 5.
User removed

Postby User removed » 08 Jul 2006, 20:03

TheStinkyHindu wrote:Your so wrong about your whole comment. If you say your comment is totally true then Neverend is a copy of almost every RPG out there. The games you mention are continued stories from the first one, thats why they are called Baldur's Gate II, The Longest Journey 2: Dreamfall (ie part 2), of course it would be about the same story, then it wouldn't be called part 2.

The reviewer was totally correct about this whole game, it down right is awful. I wouldn't tell someone to buy it if I saw it at a garage sale for $1 (new even). Totally rushed out the door, janitor from the building they work in is used as one of the voice actors it sounds like. I'd give it a 1.5 out of 5.

So bicycles are crappy compared to a motorbike, oh sorry, motorbikes are crappy compared to a car, oh sorry, cars are crappy compared to planes, oh sorry planes are crappy compared to the Space Shuttle.

Oh - so let's all drive around in Space Shuttles. Wait a minute. Not evryone can afford a Space Shuttle! This game is more than half as good as Oblivion and it run's on my PC. Oblivion is not twice as good as this game, but it costs twice as much and hardly plays on my PC, despite my PC being above the minimum system requirements. If you want just 5 games released every year and a dead PC gaming hobby stick with your attitude.
User removed

Postby Fragmutt » 19 Jul 2006, 14:50

Totally agree! We'd all be so much happier with just 5 releases a year - wouldn't we? Arrrggghhh!

To quote Frank Doberman, the Self Righteous Brother played by Harry Enfield - "Oi, 'TheStinkyHindu' You might like playing full priced games that have a multi million pound developement budget and we all admire the time it takes to make them, but i'd say Oi - NO! You wanna be playing Neverend and other smaller games that require much more input and brain power than those overdressed muti-media showcases, becasue they are better value for money and keep our hobby alive! Nah - Shut-it!"

Not everyone likes every game - so you don't like it - so what! I have it and find it soooo addictive! Yes - it isn't Oblivion, but i only paid half the price - so that makes it damn good value!

Check out Gamespot - folk that have bought it and played it over on that forum are rating it more than 7 out of 10 _ ON AVERAGE!

FragMutt!
Fragmutt 3