to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Retro Vault: Star Fox 64, Manic Miner

Your comments on our articles.

Plus: DDR and CVG's tenth birthday feature

Retro Vault is our regular weekly feature in which we dive into gaming's past and share five classic nuggets of retro nostalgia. If you missed last week's Retro Vault you can read it here.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Retro Vault: Star Fox 64, Manic Miner

Postby razors edge » 12 May 2013, 13:59

I would give my left nut for a fully playable and complete Star Fox 2.

Amiga 500..........great days.
razors edge 43

Re: Retro Vault: Star Fox 64, Manic Miner

Postby vectra » 12 May 2013, 16:25

These Retro Vault features are fantastic. It reminds me of simpler times with my Nintendo LCD games (I had the Donkey Kong dual screen and a Mario Bros. watch) and my electronic dictionary. Through my later years I also had a Casio Electronic Organiser with a massive 1KB of RAM. Still never managed to fill it either. :lol:

The prices we used to pay for some things were outrageous. At my local computer store we have a brand new colour laser printer for $69. My first printer a Panasonic Dot Matrix when I was back in Britain cost my Mother a whopping £300 to buy. That was mono and my Amstrad CPC 464 (with mono display) had no WYSIWYG word processor. Typing up documents was very similar to writing on a forum as you had to use tags such as bold, italic and center with your actual text. You also couldn't choose the font for the prints from the computer level you had to choose it on the printers display panel.

Great feature on the A500, I remember that video well. Even with my love of all things Commodore I never actually owned an A500 or A600. I played it at my cousin's and didn't get an Amiga until the A1200 actually came out. Before that I was the proud owner of my Amstrad CPC and a Sega Master System.
Forever Old School.
vectra 62

Postby SpliffHead » 12 May 2013, 16:55

The Amiga 500/600 & 1200 best machines ever , even better than SNES or Megadrive , then the speccy with hundreds of classic games.
SpliffHead 47

Postby vectra » 12 May 2013, 17:00

SpliffHead wrote:The Amiga 500/600 & 1200 best machines ever , even better than SNES or Megadrive

Have a beer my new best friend! *Hands Pint* :D
Forever Old School.
vectra 62

Postby sonicsimian » 13 May 2013, 16:49

Wow... I actually remember that issue. It's been bugging me for a while but does anyone remember the name of that robot with the big chin? Might've been Red-something. or not.
sonicsimian 32

Xbox Live: sonicsimian