to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Video: Brand new Watch Dogs gameplay

Your comments on our articles.

We meet with Ubisoft to discuss its next generation IP

CVG's James Jarvis recently got the chance to go to Paris to see Ubisoft's promising open world action title Watch Dogs.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Video: Brand new Watch Dogs gameplay

Postby Subject J80 » 10 May 2013, 14:56

This will hopefully be my first next-gen title. Its looks great. Very interested in how the economy will work regarding hack ATMs and such. I like the gameplay that I have seen.
Subject J80 48

Re: Video: Brand new Watch Dogs gameplay

Postby nologo » 10 May 2013, 15:23

this looks awesome. cant wait
psn: zell71
wow server: Vashj-EU
Jetsetwilly Gnome Warrior
nologo 47

Postby MrPirtniw » 10 May 2013, 16:16

So a sort of GTA meets Hitman meets Assassins Creed? I'm more interested in the fact it's a new IP and not what console it's running for so I'll probably end up getting it on the 360. Looks ok- a bit bland visually perhaps but as long as the gameplay is awesome I don't care- it's officially on my game radar. A ga-dar if you will.
"Stop your putrid whining you dank tuft of rectal pubic hair."
Currently playing:
MrPirtniw 70

Xbox Live: Tysh0

Postby DiamondDogs » 10 May 2013, 18:00

I'm more interested in the fact it's a new IP and not what console it's running for so I'll probably end up getting it on the 360.

I couldn't agree more. I'll be picking up the Wii U version myself.
DiamondDogs 59

Postby STEVENMCPANTS » 10 May 2013, 18:10

Person of interest the game! oooooo fooking yea!!!
STEVENMCPANTS 44

Xbox Live: STEVENMCPANTS
PSN ID: STEVENMCPANTS

Postby capsule_toy » 10 May 2013, 19:07

What interests me is the fact that the demo on the video is running on an or a PC with a 360 pad, does this mean there's little in the way of PS4 controller features being integrated into the game? Also hopefully the YouTube encoding has downgraded the clarity massively, as the graphics look blurry and much like PS3/360 level of visuals, think GTA IV....
capsule_toy 45

Xbox Live: Capsule Toy
PSN ID: Capsule_Toy
Steam: Capsule_Toy

Postby Gameoholic007 » 10 May 2013, 19:42

Out of the 2 or 3 launch titles im going to have, this is definitely goint to be one of them. I love the part where you can hack someones wi-fi, and see what their doing from their web cam. Can't wait! :D
The wife and I are about to order VIP tickets to the Gamestop Expo thats in August, and hopefully this game will be available to try out. :D
Last edited by Gameoholic007 on 10 May 2013, 20:06, edited 1 time in total.
Gameoholic007 52

Xbox Live: Demented7000
PSN ID: Demented007

Postby Gameoholic007 » 10 May 2013, 20:00

capsule_toy wrote:What interests me is the fact that the demo on the video is running on an or a PC with a 360 pad, does this mean there's little in the way of PS4 controller features being integrated into the game? Also hopefully the YouTube encoding has downgraded the clarity massively, as the graphics look blurry and much like PS3/360 level of visuals, think GTA IV....

The PS4's ver of the game will take advantage of the features of the PS4s controller, it was a quick demo that was shown, so not all the features have been shown yet for the PS4s ver, thats not till later down the road. About the visuals, your watching that demo in 3 different resolutions, the games, CVG's screen, and then finally yours. The resolution is cut down extensively, so it's gonna look a bit grainy. But, when you get to play it in person, it's going to be very clean. :)
Gameoholic007 52

Xbox Live: Demented7000
PSN ID: Demented007

Postby Fr33Kye » 10 May 2013, 20:58

I saw gameplay on vgleaks and it looks really really really great. Very inFamous actually, but it's trying to naturally put you into the action. The UI is amazing, the animations are great, and the mission design is starting to look really new and interesting.
Fr33Kye 69

Postby tanukilou » 10 May 2013, 22:51

This looks amazing. It really looks like a real city from what i'm seeing, i've never seen a game that captures it so brilliantly. I'm getting quite excited about this..
tanukilou 44

Postby wwinterj » 11 May 2013, 00:10

Doesn't seem like/sound like I'm missing much if I go with the PS3 version so that's what I'll be buying this for. Unless the gameplay is drastically different and that's something I doubt.
wwinterj 48

Postby Penguin101 » 12 May 2013, 09:13

Is it me, or are the visuals just current gen quality? I wasn't quite blown away as I was during the other demos. Visuals aside I'll prob get Wii U version purely for gamepad gameplay, and to support a company whom without we'd have a very bland games history, or none at all, alongside Nintendo taking the risks first so their rivals can produce improved upon hardware concepts risk free.
Penguin101 32

Postby thelazyone » 13 May 2013, 01:38

Penguin101 wrote:Is it me, or are the visuals just current gen quality? I wasn't quite blown away as I was during the other demos. Visuals aside I'll prob get Wii U version purely for gamepad gameplay, and to support a company whom without we'd have a very bland games history, or none at all, alongside Nintendo taking the risks first so their rivals can produce improved upon hardware concepts risk free.

+1

Time to get that Mr Sheen out! lol
"Video Games are bad for you? That's what they said about Rock 'N' Roll" - Shigeru Miyamoto
thelazyone 56

Xbox Live: HyperSinperPOW
PSN ID: Googie_1
Wii Code: WiiU- 2hathuddas