Aliens: Colonial Marines ships 1.3 million

Your comments on our articles.

Sega outlines performance of major releases in its annual financial results

Aliens: Colonial Marines sold just over 1.3 million units during Sega's fiscal year ended March 31.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Aliens: Colonial Marines ships 1.3 million

Postby deanoz2 » 10 May 2013, 10:41

1.3 million shipped is not bad for a panned game........mind you I bought 3 of them!!! :shock: :oops:
Bought it, sold it, missed it, bought it, completed it, sold it, missed it, bought it, got more achievements, sold it, missing it.......................!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :mrgreen:

deanoz2 52

Xbox Live: ZOMBIENATIONZ
PSN ID: ZOMBIENATIONZ

Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines ships 1.3 million

Postby ingy » 10 May 2013, 11:00

I bought it, played it, finished it, sure it wasn't perfect but as an Alien fan i really enjoyed the game world and all the movie references, and it played fine, no problems.

I also played and finished 'Battleship' which was also panned, the game was a little short but it played very well and looked lovely, great textures.

I have made a point of playing a lot of badly reviewed titles this gen' and for the most point have been pleasantly surprised, but also bewildered by the criticism they receive, whereas many of the big hitters have left me feeling very let down.

It seems to me games aren't being reviewed by how playable they are, but rather how many ticks in boxes they can fill, and for this reason i feel most reviews are a waste of time.
ingy 64

Postby mayhemdude » 10 May 2013, 11:00

Would prob have been a million shy of that total without the review embargo. Embargoes seriously need to be abolished in the gaming industry. Its effectively fraud.
mayhemdude 52

Steam: mayhemdude441

Postby c97dem » 10 May 2013, 12:08

Played Aliens, completed Aliens, hated myself for having paid money for it and being an Aliens fan

Utter drok game, looks awful, plays awful, and the story is as far removed from "canon" for the universe it is set in, only way it could be less "canon" would be if a new breed of Alien was in the game based on the drokking Teletubbies!

Still having to shower 10+ times a day because of this game...."still....not....clean!!"
c97dem 55

Xbox Live: magic mugs
PSN ID: chenzee
Steam: thenephilim79

Postby KesMonkey » 10 May 2013, 16:04

deanoz2 wrote:1.3 million shipped is not bad for a panned game........mind you I bought 3 of them!!! :shock: :oops:
Bought it, sold it, missed it, bought it, completed it, sold it, missed it, bought it, got more achievements, sold it, missing it.......................!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :mrgreen:

Hahaha. I bought Splinter Cell Chaos Theory 5 times for the same reason. Each time I played through it, I thought I'd never want to play it again. I'm surprised it took me so long to learn my lesson (never sell Chaos Theory!). I now own both the PC and the Xbox versions. :)
I like cake.
KesMonkey 63

Postby deanoz2 » 10 May 2013, 17:33

KesMonkey wrote:
deanoz2 wrote:1.3 million shipped is not bad for a panned game........mind you I bought 3 of them!!! :shock: :oops:

Hahaha. I bought Splinter Cell Chaos Theory 5 times for the same reason. Each time I played through it, I thought I'd never want to play it again. I'm surprised it took me so long to learn my lesson (never sell Chaos Theory!). I now own both the PC and the Xbox versions. :)

Yup, me to, the amount of games I buy then sell then bloody rebuy at a later date is terrible, I should lock them away as opposed to selling...........but I can't help it!!!!! :shock: :oops: :mrgreen:

deanoz2 52

Xbox Live: ZOMBIENATIONZ
PSN ID: ZOMBIENATIONZ

Postby Mortal Mad Matt » 10 May 2013, 17:37

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who gets trapped in a cycle of selling and rebuying games. :) Aliens: CM was absolutely terrible though, I only rented it and I still feel like it was a waste of money.
Mortal Mad Matt 49

Xbox Live: Mortal Mad Matt

Postby Mini-Nev » 10 May 2013, 17:51

I've done this as well (not with Alien: CM though). I'm really missing my copy of Far Cry 3 right now!
"There's always a lighthouse, there's always a man, there's always a city."
Mini-Nev 43

Xbox Live: minin3v
PSN ID: MLNLN3V

Postby DoomGuy84 » 10 May 2013, 18:31

I lent this game off a friend and would like gearbox software to refund my petrol expenses for driving there and back :)
DoomGuy84 31

Postby vectra » 12 May 2013, 06:33

I really need to get around to buying Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, downloaded the demo and I liked it. As for the other titles mentioned the only other one that I really want to play is a PS3 exclusive and I don't have the machine to play it on.

It's sad to see the company I grew up defending in the playground in the state they are in now.

Times were so much simpler once upon a time for Sega when it came to sales figures.
Forever Old School.
vectra 62