to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Wolfenstein: The New Order will not feature multiplayer

Your comments on our articles.

MachineGames creative director wants Wolfenstein legacy untainted

Wolfenstein: The New Order will not feature multiplayer, according to MachineGames creative director Jens Matthies.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Wolfenstein: The New Order will not feature multiplayer

Postby jodders » 09 May 2013, 02:47

However it is being published by Bethesda so multiplayer will likely be added
as paid for DLC when folk on Bethblog start whinging about it.
Apart from a few purists maybe.
jodders 61
 
Posts: 1297
Joined: 21 Dec 2012, 18:28
Location: United Kingdom

Wolfenstein: The New Order will not feature multiplayer

Postby squiddly » 09 May 2013, 02:50

Too late the 2009 wolfenstein already tainted it. Awful multiplayer after the genius of RTCW multiplayer
squiddly 51
 
Posts: 608
Joined: 20 Jan 2013, 17:58
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order will not feature multiplayer

Postby ngnikolaos » 09 May 2013, 04:12

F*&k multiplayer.
ngnikolaos 15
New user
 
Posts: 9
Joined: 07 May 2013, 14:45

Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order will not feature multiplayer

Postby sbradley88 » 09 May 2013, 07:28

squiddly wrote:Too late the 2009 wolfenstein already tainted it. Awful multiplayer after the genius of RTCW multiplayer


This. Do they not know of their own games history?
Image
User avatar
sbradley88 58
 
Posts: 878
Joined: 09 Jan 2012, 18:06
Location: United Kingdom
Xbox Live: ShalakashkaPS3
PSN ID: Shalakashka
Steam: Shalakashka

Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order will not feature multiplayer

Postby Imaduck » 09 May 2013, 07:40

Hooray! :D
User avatar
Imaduck 58
 
Posts: 5344
Joined: 28 Dec 2010, 20:20
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order will not feature multiplayer

Postby Shommy » 09 May 2013, 08:04

I hope this is made with ID Tech 5. I really want to see what the engine can do. Rage was the first game with the engine and it had some bugs. But hopefully it is reworked and games will now have much higher resolutions because of the next-gen consoles coming out. This means the ID Tech 5 engine might be able to really shine with the Mega Textures. Because I think they really scaled back a lot of the textures in RAGE for consoles, even though RAGE looked great when looking at landscapes from a distance the textures got really muddy when up close.
Shommy 29
 
Posts: 34
Joined: 08 Apr 2012, 20:45
Location: United States

Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order will not feature multiplayer

Postby Shommy » 09 May 2013, 08:10

"The game is being built on id Software’s id Tech® 5 engine technology." Forbes Magazine. So YEAH! Also judging by the screenshots this game is going to be very very pretty. I know graphics are not everything but for FPS I think they weigh especially heavy generally due because it helps put you into the action and the story lines are usually less then stellar. So basically a FPS comes down to is graphics and great mechanics.
Shommy 29
 
Posts: 34
Joined: 08 Apr 2012, 20:45
Location: United States

Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order will not feature multiplayer

Postby illage2 » 09 May 2013, 08:54

Yes no Multiplayer :D
ImageImage
User avatar
illage2 53
 
Posts: 2680
Joined: 30 Dec 2010, 08:20
Location: United Kingdom
Xbox Live: illage4
PSN ID: illage2
Steam: illage2
xFire: illage2

Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order will not feature multiplayer

Postby rhyfel » 09 May 2013, 09:58

it's good to see publisher's do something constructive for a change and not just tack multiplayer on for the sake of it, i prefer a single player game over multiplayer every time.
rhyfel 37
 
Posts: 637
Joined: 29 Sep 2011, 07:50
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order will not feature multiplayer

Postby apalmer28 » 09 May 2013, 11:08

Finally Devs are realising that it's just not worth the effort to tack on multiplayer to every bloody game that comes out.

Bioshock Inifinite had it's canned and I'm glad they spent the extra time polishing up the single player instead.

If I want MP I'll play Black Ops2 or Battlefield 3. Unless you can seriously promise to revolutionize the whole MP scene then it's really not worth the effort.
User avatar
apalmer28 55
 
Posts: 612
Joined: 20 Nov 2001, 11:38
Location: United Kingdom
Xbox Live: Futureshark
PSN ID: Futureshark

Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order will not feature multiplayer

Postby DAEDALUS79 » 09 May 2013, 11:25

apalmer28 wrote:Bioshock Inifinite had it's canned and I'm glad they spent the extra time polishing up the single player instead.


Care to explain how multiplayer what would have been outsourced to a different company would have impacted the quality of the single player? Dont be stupid!

As for Wolfenstein, you already butchered your legacy releasing that other turd a few years back, multiplayer couldnt do half the damage that shite did.
Image
User avatar
DAEDALUS79 73
 
Posts: 15658
Joined: 01 Oct 2006, 13:00
Location: United Kingdom
Xbox Live: scyzer500
PSN ID: macby19

Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order will not feature multiplayer

Postby LiamT » 09 May 2013, 11:25

Shommy wrote:I hope this is made with ID Tech 5. I really want to see what the engine can do. Rage was the first game with the engine and it had some bugs. But hopefully it is reworked and games will now have much higher resolutions because of the next-gen consoles coming out. This means the ID Tech 5 engine might be able to really shine with the Mega Textures. Because I think they really scaled back a lot of the textures in RAGE for consoles, even though RAGE looked great when looking at landscapes from a distance the textures got really muddy when up close.


all console games' textures look shite up close due to the smaller textures they have to use etc. with ps4's decent fast ram this shouldnt be an issue and should be more PC like.

RTCW had great multiplayer (was it splash damage?).
LiamT 49
 
Posts: 279
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 16:50

Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order will not feature multiplayer

Postby TheLastDodo » 09 May 2013, 11:33

DAEDALUS79 wrote:
apalmer28 wrote:Bioshock Inifinite had it's canned and I'm glad they spent the extra time polishing up the single player instead.


Care to explain how multiplayer what would have been outsourced to a different company would have impacted the quality of the single player? Dont be stupid!

As for Wolfenstein, you already butchered your legacy releasing that other turd a few years back, multiplayer couldnt do half the damage that shite did.


The money spent on outsourcing could've been used on polishing up the SP even more.

;)
TheLastDodo 77
 
Posts: 15839
Joined: 07 Jan 2011, 15:26

Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order will not feature multiplayer

Postby freds1 » 09 May 2013, 12:47

That was unexpected. Nice :D
ヽ(゜∇゜)ノ Eeeeyyyy sexy laaaaaadyyyy
ヘ( ̄ー ̄ヘ) Op
(ノ ̄ー ̄)ノ Op
(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 Op
〜( ̄△ ̄〜) Op
(☞゚∀゚)☞ Oppa Gangnam Style
freds1 56
 
Posts: 776
Joined: 29 Aug 2005, 13:29
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order will not feature multiplayer

Postby silent moose » 09 May 2013, 13:02

Killzone with nazis
User avatar
silent moose 42
 
Posts: 474
Joined: 10 Apr 2010, 20:33
Location: United Kingdom

Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ding, Google [Bot], toaplan, vonsh1thouse and 8 guests

The forum teamDelete all forum cookiesAll times are UTC [ DST ]