Call of Duty Ghosts: first trailer confirms release on next-

Your comments on our articles.

"See it at the new generation Xbox reveal"

Activision has released the first Call of Duty: Ghosts trailer.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby flyfletch » 01 May 2013, 18:06

I have a feeling this is either going to be a next box exclusive, or have a period of exclusivity while being released on current gen consoles at the same time.

Edit: Should have said, more than likely the latter! Also so as not to create further confusion (sorry Fixbeat) i meant exclusive between the Nextbox and PS4...
Last edited by flyfletch on 01 May 2013, 18:50, edited 4 times in total.
flyfletch 72

Postby sbradley88 » 01 May 2013, 18:06

Not exclusivly for 720/Infinity, surely?
sbradley88 59

Xbox Live: ShalakashkaPS3
PSN ID: Shalakashka
Steam: Shalakashka

Re: Call of Duty Ghosts: first trailer confirms release on n

Postby brookie_2001 » 01 May 2013, 18:14

No chance will this be exclusive unless Activision are getting a nice hefty chunk of money. The franchise is a cash cow. They'll want it on every console possible. I think it'll be some timed exclusive on DLC at the xbox reveal.
brookie_2001 62

Postby TheLastDodo » 01 May 2013, 18:19

The engine is codenamed Thomas, according to Kotaku.

“Everyone was expecting us to make Modern Warfare 4, which would have been the safe thing to do. But we’re not resting on our laurels,” said Mark Rubin, executive producer of developer Infinity Ward.

:lol:

A new CoD is the safest game they can make.

Not saying they should stop as I wouldn't if my games sold 20 million every year but c'mon, less of the b*****ks please Mr Rubin.
Last edited by TheLastDodo on 01 May 2013, 18:28, edited 1 time in total.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby KK-Headcharge78 » 01 May 2013, 18:24

Well that tells us jack.... like every other fecking 'reveal' nowadays.

Superb gaming commentary on the YouTubes; ZeroPunctuation, Jimquisition, Giant Bomb, ThedodgyKebab
Check out my Advanced Warfare MP review; http://www.rosetintedgamers.com/2014/11/13/call-of-duty-advance-warfare-multi-player/
KK-Headcharge78 64

Xbox Live: FragHappyChappy
PSN ID: slypuss7881
Steam: slypuss7881

Postby FixBeatGames » 01 May 2013, 18:30

flyfletch wrote:I have a feeling this is either going to be a next box exclusive, or have a period of exclusivity while being released on current gen consoles at the same time.

Edit: should have said, more than likely the latter!

a next-box exclusive, even though it's on 360/ps3 as well. :?
FixBeatGames 41

Postby flyfletch » 01 May 2013, 18:48

FixBeatGames wrote:
flyfletch wrote:I have a feeling this is either going to be a next box exclusive, or have a period of exclusivity while being released on current gen consoles at the same time.

Edit: should have said, more than likely the latter!

a next-box exclusive, even though it's on 360/ps3 as well. :?

Sorry to confuse you, i did mention that in the comment. What i meant was between it and the PS4, i clearly could have made that a bit more obvious though! :)
flyfletch 72

Postby GlynCR » 01 May 2013, 18:52

And suddenly my neXtBox hype dies a little bit now just show madden or fifa and its just the same old s**t really hope they have something new and exclusive up there sleeves at MS for the reveal

I've seen things you wouldn't believe!
GlynCR 58

PSN ID: booshtastic

Postby flyfletch » 01 May 2013, 18:55

TheLastDodo wrote:The engine is codenamed Thomas, according to Kotaku.

“Everyone was expecting us to make Modern Warfare 4, which would have been the safe thing to do. But we’re not resting on our laurels,” said Mark Rubin, executive producer of developer Infinity Ward.

:lol:

A new CoD is the safest game they can make.

Not saying they should stop as I wouldn't if my games sold 20 million every year but c'mon, less of the b*****ks please Mr Rubin.

Granted, that is a very strange comment to make. He clearly believes that each COD game has been significantly different from the last one.......
flyfletch 72

Postby Mmmmgrolsch » 01 May 2013, 19:13

If cod is exclusive to Xbox next gen then it'll be all over for Sony imo, there will be a huge user base locked out from them. Or at minimum it's going to make it very tough for Sony.

Personally I think it'll be timed exclusive.
Mmmmgrolsch 75

Xbox Live: Mmmmgrolsch
PSN ID: Mmmmgrolsch
Steam: Mmmmgrolsch

Postby beastie » 01 May 2013, 19:47

I hope in the multiplayer they have quickscoping, and lots of good places to camp, and bring back old maps for me to buy again, and a linear level design in the singleplayer, I loves corridors, and that they keeps the 'spamming aim and fire, one slightly after another for it to lock on to all the baddies' feature, I love those bits. and gold guns!!! OMGnerdgasm!!!!111!1
I hope my mummy buys it for me.
beastie 54

Postby FixBeatGames » 01 May 2013, 19:51

Mmmmgrolsch wrote:If cod is exclusive to Xbox next gen then it'll be all over for Sony imo, there will be a huge user base locked out from them. Or at minimum it's going to make it very tough for Sony.

Personally I think it'll be timed exclusive.

i don't see why you think that tbh. this gen, ps3 sales has equalled 360 and it is a year behind. more people play cod on 360 than ps3 too already, yet it equalled it in sales.

ps3 players have been playing more different games, from wipeout to little big planet to god of war to gran turismo 5, they're sony's system sellers, not cod. sony are more like nintendo in that respect, as in they have a good handful of exclusive franchises that've been around since sega was still a contender, more than microsoft has.

so while cod being exclusive to the next gen ms console, it wouldn't kill ps4 IMO.

anyway, i see it as highly unlikely, i've seen stats on here suggesting ps3 players make up 40% of regular cod players online, there's simply no way activision would cut out 40% of its users, especially as that 40% has still stuck around even after seeing everything a month after the competitor.

cod is a killer app, but it's not the only one out there people.
FixBeatGames 41

Postby Barry316 » 01 May 2013, 19:58

So because the trailer is being shown at the Xbox reveal folk are thinking it'll be exclusive? Like when Metal Gear Rising was first shown at a 360 show....then quietly announced on being multi formats while loads thought it would be exclusive.
Here's a lockpick, now jog on.
Barry316 67

Postby toaplan » 01 May 2013, 20:04

FixBeatGames wrote:ps3 players have been playing more different games, from wipeout to little big planet to god of war to gran turismo 5, they're sony's system sellers, not cod. sony are more like nintendo in that respect, as in they have a good handful of exclusive franchises that've been around since sega was still a contender, more than microsoft has.

so while cod being exclusive to the next gen ms console, it wouldn't kill ps4 IMO.

anyway, i see it as highly unlikely, i've seen stats on here suggesting ps3 players make up 40% of regular cod players online, there's simply no way activision would cut out 40% of its users, especially as that 40% has still stuck around even after seeing everything a month after the competitor.

cod is a killer app, but it's not the only one out there people.

Yep, no single franchise alone has that kind of significance. Besides, CoD always sells better on the Xbox, informally known as CoDBox. The Playstation audience is somewhat different from the Xbots. The Nintendo audience is even more different - I don't think Blops 2 on the Wii U has made much of a splash.

Also, Battlefield has been constantly narrowing the sales gap to CoD. I think the PS audience will actually be more interested in BF4.
toaplan 75

Postby goggy » 01 May 2013, 20:06

We don’t have any news for the Wii U at this time, as we aren’t dating next generation platforms yet. Stay tuned.

Probably saving it for a Nintendo direct then.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwMdcESljqg - Still the greatest E3 reveal ever!!!
goggy 51

Next