Square Enix Europe cutting jobs

Your comments on our articles.

Redundancies part of company-wide restructuring efforts

Square Enix Europe is to cut a number of jobs, with staff in the UK confirmed to be among those affected by the move.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Square Enix Europe cutting jobs

Postby fustacluck » 29 Apr 2013, 15:41

Well done, Squeenix. Cut down the divisions that are making you money, but don't touch the dead weight you have in Japan. Still, at least you'll have enough people to make Final Fantasy 537 for the 5 people who still give a sh1t.
fustacluck 36

Xbox Live: fustak luck
PSN ID: fustacluck

Re: Square Enix Europe cutting jobs

Postby mikachuuu » 29 Apr 2013, 16:21

fustacluck wrote:Well done, Squeenix. Cut down the divisions that are making you money, but don't touch the dead weight you have in Japan. Still, at least you'll have enough people to make Final Fantasy 537 for the 5 people who still give a sh1t.

XIII sold more than Tomb Raider,Sleeping Dogs,Hitman combined. Same with XIII-2, FF sells same with Dragon Quest the rest is dead weight. Maybe check your facts before spewing s**t around mate.
My Youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/mikachuuu
PSN ID: mekia553
mikachuuu 24

Postby MrPirtniw » 29 Apr 2013, 17:09

mikachuuu wrote:XIII sold more than Tomb Raider,Sleeping Dogs,Hitman combined.

That's really depressing.
"Stop your putrid whining you dank tuft of rectal pubic hair."
Currently playing:
MrPirtniw 71

Xbox Live: Tysh0

Postby fustacluck » 29 Apr 2013, 17:18

mikachuuu wrote:
fustacluck wrote:Well done, Squeenix. Cut down the divisions that are making you money, but don't touch the dead weight you have in Japan. Still, at least you'll have enough people to make Final Fantasy 537 for the 5 people who still give a sh1t.

XIII sold more than Tomb Raider,Sleeping Dogs,Hitman combined. Same with XIII-2, FF sells same with Dragon Quest the rest is dead weight. Maybe check your facts before spewing s**t around mate.

And maybe you should do some research, as that statement simply isn't true. Then take into account that the figures you are erroneously talking about are retail. Steam/PSN/XBoxLive figures aren't taken into account, and while all of the Eidos titles are available on most, if not all, of those outlets, new FF games aren't Then also take into account the massive length of time it's taken for each episode. As a per year total (and I'll admit I haven't done the research on this bit, mainly because I can't be bothered), I'd bet that the former Eidos part of the company makes more than the Square Enix part. This is just common sense as the Eidos studios are more prolific, both in boxed and downloadable games.
fustacluck 36

Xbox Live: fustak luck
PSN ID: fustacluck

Postby curryking3 » 29 Apr 2013, 17:50

The first XIII only sold so much, because everyone was fooled into buying it basically...

"It's FF, how bad can it be?"

How wrong we were...
curryking3 28

Postby budge » 29 Apr 2013, 22:24

I reckon FFX HD will sell a s**t load.
Los Rojiblancos
budge 67