to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Metro: Last Light 'coming to PS4'

Your comments on our articles.

Plus translated interview claims multiplayer will release seperately

4A Games intends to release a PlayStation 4 version of its upcoming shooter Metro: Last Light, according to an intervew with Ukrainian tech website itcchannel.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Metro: Last Light 'coming to PS4'

Postby Wakacha » 26 Apr 2013, 10:44

Great, now I don't know what to do. I was going to get the PS3 version and then get the PC version down the road when it's cheap for the graphical oomph that would entail (I doubt my PC is capable of running it maxed at launch (Yes I'm a bit of an arse about this (ooh, brackets within brackets))).

But now with the chance of a PS4 version plus a packed in copy of the first Metro, I don't know what to do. Probably get all three, 'cause I'm an idiot like that.
"If assholes could fly, this place would be an airport." - Anonymous
Wakacha 48

Re: Metro: Last Light 'coming to PS4'

Postby TheLastDodo » 26 Apr 2013, 10:55

Free Metro 2033 included with Last Light on PS4? Started on single player DLC after the game was finished? Multiplayer sold separately?

Take my money Deep Silver/4A.
CURRENTLY PLAYING Mario Kart 8 - Titanfall
BEST GAMES OF 2014 Titanfall - South Park - Wolfenstein - Valiant Hearts
Twitter @the1paz
TheLastDodo 77

Postby sonic_uk » 26 Apr 2013, 10:59

I hope the normal version gives you the option of buying the Single Player separately as well. That way I can pay less for the Single Player part of the game I want to play and the Mutliplayer garbage can go to hell. Why shoehorn it in to this game anyway? Another case of its not needed, wanted or asked for.
Own...360(Slim), Ps4, Ps3(SuperSlim), Ps2, Ps1, PsVita, XperiaPlay, Gamecube, Snes, Dreamcast, Megadrive, MegaCd 2, Saturn, Gamegear, PC

Owned...Acorn Electron, Atari 2600, Gameboy, Master System, 32x, GBA SP, Xbox, Psp, 360(Premium), Ps3(BC), Wii(BC)
sonic_uk 55

Postby Stan_Goodspeed » 26 Apr 2013, 12:13

TheLastDodo wrote:Free Metro 2033 included with Last Light on PS4? Started on single player DLC after the game was finished? Multiplayer sold separately?

Take my money Deep Silver/4A.

My thoughts exactly, with bonus points for Metro 2033 being finally available on Playstation. If this rumor proves to be true, I'll happily give them my cash.
Stan_Goodspeed 60

Xbox Live: Boffitchev
PSN ID: Spencer_Trilby

Postby fionn1 » 26 Apr 2013, 12:41

sonic_uk wrote:I hope the normal version gives you the option of buying the Single Player separately as well. That way I can pay less for the Single Player part of the game I want to play and the Mutliplayer garbage can go to hell. Why shoehorn it in to this game anyway? Another case of its not needed, wanted or asked for.

Your a right misery.....its not being shoehorned on its seperate you have choice
fionn1 45

Xbox Live: Breenington

Postby sammikid » 26 Apr 2013, 13:00

Always wanted to play the first Metro, there's going to be quite a selection of games for ps4 at launch. :D
sammikid 59

PSN ID: SammIKid

Postby DAEDALUS79 » 26 Apr 2013, 13:02

sonic_uk wrote:I hope the normal version gives you the option of buying the Single Player separately as well. That way I can pay less for the Single Player part of the game I want to play and the Mutliplayer garbage can go to hell. Why shoehorn it in to this game anyway? Another case of its not needed, wanted or asked for.

Speak for yourself I think MP for Mtero could work well. Why is it only battlefield and COD are allowed to have online features?
TheLastDodo - "EU PS Store: Lowering........scratch that, Burying the bar since 2007"
DAEDALUS79 73

Xbox Live: scyzer500
PSN ID: macby19

Postby dapperbandit » 26 Apr 2013, 13:26

Metro COULD have MP, but what distinguishes it from other shooters is the setting and atmosphere of the singleplayer.

And, this is just my opinion, I don't think the actual shooting itself is a strong point of the series. But that's just me.
dapperbandit 32

Postby HelloLadies » 26 Apr 2013, 15:26

DAEDALUS79 wrote:

Speak for yourself I think MP for Mtero could work well. Why is it only battlefield and COD are allowed to have online features?

Yeah and they're 2 of the blandest most recycled multiplayer games available. Metro multiplayer would need to be pretty innovative (if thats possible with the FPS genre anymore...) for it to be worth buying as a standalone purchase.
HelloLadies 50

Postby Gameoholic007 » 26 Apr 2013, 16:00

I was going to get this for the PS3, but I am going to wait till it comes out on the PS4, which is good because the PS4 ver won't be trimmed down from the PC ver. I also want to get the extra content that it will have to offer. Hopefully we will see some multiplayer on it down the road.
Gameoholic007 54

Xbox Live: Demented7000
PSN ID: Demented007

Postby DAEDALUS79 » 26 Apr 2013, 16:14

HelloLadies wrote:
DAEDALUS79 wrote:

Yeah and they're 2 of the blandest most recycled multiplayer games available. Metro multiplayer would need to be pretty innovative (if thats possible with the FPS genre anymore...) for it to be worth buying as a standalone purchase.

Youve just proven my point, if the current crop of popular MP games are so dull, why do people constantly bitch about developers trying to make new innovative ways to play. Bioshock infinite could have had amazing MP but was canned, and many idiots on forums were rejoicing about the fact.
TheLastDodo - "EU PS Store: Lowering........scratch that, Burying the bar since 2007"
DAEDALUS79 73

Postby illage2 » 26 Apr 2013, 16:33

According to Prokhorov a PS4 version is likely, and may be packaged with a copy of Metro 2033.

He never said it would come to PS4, he said likely which doesn't mean it will. It simply means its possible.
ImageImage
illage2 53

Xbox Live: illage4
PSN ID: illage2
Steam: illage2
xFire: illage2

Postby The Drunken Spy » 26 Apr 2013, 17:02

I didn't realise that Metro 2033 wasn't available on the PS3. Sony Onlys are in for a treat when it finally arrives then.
The Drunken Spy 50

Xbox Live: KillMeOnceMore
PSN ID: KillMeOnceMore

Postby TheLastDodo » 26 Apr 2013, 17:25

@DAEDY

They're not, for most people.

Look at the XBL activity charts every month and it's the usual suspects in the top 5, CoD, BF, Halo, CoD, it's basically a monopoly and it won't be broken by tacking on some multiplayer onto Tomb Raider. People stick to the those games for a year or two, they might take a break for a week to play a SP game, they might try the multiplayer but they just want to play CoD so they just go back to CoD.
CURRENTLY PLAYING Mario Kart 8 - Titanfall
BEST GAMES OF 2014 Titanfall - South Park - Wolfenstein - Valiant Hearts
Twitter @the1paz
TheLastDodo 77

Postby DAEDALUS79 » 26 Apr 2013, 17:46

That might be the case dodo but it doesnt mean they shouldnt try. Splinter cell is a game that many would say didnt need multiplayer, yet SC: Double Agent had one of the best multiplayer modes I have ever played in spy vs merc. Rainbow 6 vegas had co-op terrorist hunt which was brilliant, Test drive and burnout are also great fun online. Given the chance there can be fun multiplayer modes that exist outside of COD and battlefield. The argument that adding MP takes away from SP is utter stupidity frankly because most of the time MP is outsourced to smaller developers.
DAEDALUS79 73

Next