to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Skyrim Legendary Edition announced, features all DLC

Your comments on our articles.

Main game, Dragonborn, Hearthfire and Dawnguard all in one pack

Bethesda has officially announced the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Edition.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby budge » 25 Apr 2013, 15:58

I think I'll just wait for another DLC sale on Live.
Los Rojiblancos
budge 66

Re: Skyrim Legendary Edition announced, features all DLC

Postby EvilDog77 » 25 Apr 2013, 16:06

Boy am I glad I didn't buy this. A couple of months and this will be going dirt cheap on Amazon. Happy days! :D
EvilDog77 50

Postby Moribundman » 25 Apr 2013, 16:38

They should just start calling these the "Nyer! I'm a tight fisted c**t. Not buying until they release the cheap version with all the DLC about 18 months down the line" edition (rather than varied and numerous nomenclatures such as "special edition" "ultimate edition" "game of the year edition" "big shiny edition" etc etc).

Well colour yourselves happy and crayon a smile on your faces, petulent children of meagre pockets, you can finally play the game the rest of us have been playing for the past 2 years*.

*6 months on PS3
"if you dont like it do one elsewhere. stop getting up in arms as someone doesnt agree with you." - svd_grasshopper
Moribundman 51

Xbox Live: Moribundman
PSN ID: Moribundman
Steam: Moribundman

Postby Moribundman » 25 Apr 2013, 16:48

Dear games publisher, I am outraged at your marketing principles and business strategy (in which I am a master and an expert). I point blank refuse to buy your game, currently residing at number one in the charts for the 5th week, because you have already released a patch since the game went gold (to fix some game balance issues and bugs). Furthermore, I am disgusted that since the game went gold, you have announced a substantive DLC package that has been produced between the gold date and now.

This SICKENS me to the core!!!! WHY are you robbing me???????? Do you think I am STUPID??????? WHY would I pay £40 for this CRAP when you are NOT giving me the WHOLE GAME???!??!?!?!?!?!?!

Well, let me just cross my arms, stick my lip out petulently and go and sit in this corner facing the wall for a couple of years gathering dust and f**king cobwebs until you release the same game WITH the DLC included. Ha. Then you'll be sorry. Releasing the WHOLE game. Ha. So holdouts like me waiting for the TRUE game can buy the COMPLETE package. Ha.

Of course... I'll probably be on the forums moaning that the graphics are a bit "last year" and arguing my principles against a slew of people who bought the game AND DLC during myriad Steam/XBLA sales or down CeX for less than the price of admission of this edition, but I'll have my shiny box and a glow of self satisfaction that I WON, Mr publisher. I BEAT YOU. I maximised your profits by paying full price for a game including DLC 2 years after the game sans DLC was released. But My principles remain in tact.

:-P
"if you dont like it do one elsewhere. stop getting up in arms as someone doesnt agree with you." - svd_grasshopper
Moribundman 51

Postby Mini-Nev » 25 Apr 2013, 16:53

The DLC was terrible, waste of money and I got it half price on PS3. I'd just buy the standard edition on the cheap.
"There's always a lighthouse, there's always a man, there's always a city."
Mini-Nev 43

Xbox Live: minin3v
PSN ID: MLNLN3V

Postby Moribundman » 25 Apr 2013, 17:32

Mini-Nev wrote:The DLC was terrible, waste of money and I got it half price on PS3. I'd just buy the standard edition on the cheap.

I liked Dragonborn a lot. Dawnguard was a bit hit and miss, but overall pretty good if you wanted another quest line to mess with, and Hearthfire should never have been a full paid DLC and rather a free add on (especially on PS3 where Beth should have been buying back goodwill).
Moribundman 51

Postby Mini-Nev » 25 Apr 2013, 18:47

Moribundman wrote:
Mini-Nev wrote:The DLC was terrible, waste of money and I got it half price on PS3. I'd just buy the standard edition on the cheap.

I liked Dragonborn a lot. Dawnguard was a bit hit and miss, but overall pretty good if you wanted another quest line to mess with, and Hearthfire should never have been a full paid DLC and rather a free add on (especially on PS3 where Beth should have been buying back goodwill).

Hearthfire is out right broken, everyone should be refunded!
"There's always a lighthouse, there's always a man, there's always a city."
Mini-Nev 43

Xbox Live: minin3v
PSN ID: MLNLN3V

Postby ________________ » 25 Apr 2013, 23:53

£39.99?
That better be £19.99 in real money.
________________ 45

Postby Old Skool Gamer » 26 Apr 2013, 14:16

________________ wrote:£39.99?
That better be £19.99 in real money.

I'll pick it up at that price, wait 6 months and they will be clearing it out to make way for all the new titles.

Xmas is a good time for a bargain.
We can't stop now, this is Bat Country!
Old Skool Gamer 39

PSN ID: xXI_OLDSKOOL_IXx

Postby jodders » 27 Apr 2013, 02:39

Yeah I reckon that's the xmas present sorted for the Mrs when this is about £20.
God knows when she'll get to play it cause I'll be hogging the TV with my PS4 (hopefully) by then!
jodders 62

Postby DavidG » 06 Jun 2013, 12:29

FIX THE DAMN GAME KILLING BUGS!! pardon me never really forgave Skyrim for corrupting my 35 hour campaign with my sneak and archery skills in the high 80's-90's and completed thief guild storyline, nightingale armour and awesome bow.
DavidG 55

Postby flash501 » 06 Jun 2013, 12:35

If you thought Dragonborn was terrible then I genuinely don't know what to say!

Terrible?? Deary me. There's no pleasing some people.
flash501 79

PSN ID: flash501

Postby ObiJohnKenobi » 31 Aug 2013, 08:47

Saving my pennies for this one!
ObiJohnKenobi 5
New user