to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Microsoft E3 press conference to showcase 'full line-up' of

Your comments on our articles.

Platform holder to "continue the conversation" following May 21 Xbox reveal

Microsoft says it will showcase its "full line-up" of next-generation games at its E3 2013 press conference.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Microsoft E3 press conference to showcase 'full line-up' of

Postby richomack360 » 24 Apr 2013, 21:06

Cannot wait - roll on the next gen!
Twitter - @richomack360, XBL: richomack360

R.I.P. Rik Mayall - British comedy has lost an icon and a jolly nice b'stard.
richomack360 60
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: richomack360

Re: Microsoft E3 press conference to showcase 'full line-up'

Postby flyfletch » 24 Apr 2013, 21:33

richomack360 wrote:Cannot wait - roll on the next gen!

Same here mate! Cant wait!

I have a feeling MS are going to show off some big exclusive IPs here, both first and 3rd party. They are bigging this up too much to not reveal something big......
flyfletch 71

Postby richomack360 » 24 Apr 2013, 21:37

flyfletch wrote:
richomack360 wrote:Cannot wait - roll on the next gen!

Same here mate! Cant wait!

I have a feeling MS are going to show off some big exclusive IPs here, both first and 3rd party. They are bigging this up too much to not reveal something big......

Well whatever they show will have to top the pizza hut app....

Looking forward to it, partly to see what food they bring to the table of thought and partly to stop all the tedious and banal rumours / generic hate mongering !
Twitter - @richomack360, XBL: richomack360

R.I.P. Rik Mayall - British comedy has lost an icon and a jolly nice b'stard.
richomack360 60
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: richomack360

Postby stealth » 24 Apr 2013, 22:18

There is little that can make me interested in microsofts systems shooters, more action games, more shooters
stealth 47

Postby Stryker89 » 24 Apr 2013, 22:28

stealth wrote:There is little that can make me interested in microsofts systems shooters, more action games, more shooters

Well golly, what a surprise.
Stryker89 60

Xbox Live: Olliemar28
PSN ID: Olliemar28

Postby Barca Azul » 24 Apr 2013, 23:00

stealth wrote:There is little that can make me interested in microsofts systems shooters, more action games, more shooters

Will take more than shooters and kinect, I'm hoping they have a more diverse line up.
Barca Azul 62

Postby Mr creasote » 24 Apr 2013, 23:32

Yes! just checked my email 27days an counting to the big unveil, let the pi$$ing contest begin with Sony !!!!
Mr creasote 32
New user

Postby SonyBacker » 24 Apr 2013, 23:34

Spoiler alert.

Games more likely announced will be Forza 4, Gears of War 4, Left 4 Dead 3, Halo 5, Crackdown 3, and who gives a S*** about any other games announced, that's if any other games are announced, since Microsoft can squeeze money out of it's fan base by making just 2 exclusive games (Halo and Gear's of War) and spawn sequels from them.
Xbox fans will buy anything if it's got Halo or Gear's plastered on the front, the games could be called anything cliched with these names slapped on.

Halo: Resurrection or Gear's of War with a vengeance.

Fingers crossed for this so called Blocking pre-owned games and constant internet connection hopefully inplemented into the new Xbox, but if you're one of these Gamers that play nothing but CoD, Halo or Gear's on Xbox 360, then this "Blocking pre-owned games" thing won't matter to you since you are less likely to play any other game, or return the game if it turns out s*** on the next console.
SonyBacker 18

PSN ID: The-Reaper2008

Postby TheLastDodo » 24 Apr 2013, 23:50

But Valve can't count to three.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby fatgangsta » 25 Apr 2013, 00:54

I hope they come out with somethign that makes us go Wow. But i get the feeling Ea will come and talk about Fifa 14 and Boring American football Stuff like Yawn. I also think they'll keep the look of the console secret until E3 definately and i also Reckon justin Bieber will Dance like a twit at the place
fatgangsta 40

Postby The Evil Empire » 25 Apr 2013, 02:44

I hope by full line up they're referring to 1st party and not showing call of duty and two exclusives.
The Evil Empire 9
New user

Postby The Drunken Spy » 25 Apr 2013, 06:48

SonyBacker wrote:Spoiler alert.

Games more likely announced will be Forza 4, Gears of War 4, Left 4 Dead 3, Halo 5, Crackdown 3, and who gives a S*** about any other games announced, that's if any other games are announced, since Microsoft can squeeze money out of it's fan base by making just 2 exclusive games (Halo and Gear's of War) and spawn sequels from them.
Xbox fans will buy anything if it's got Halo or Gear's plastered on the front, the games could be called anything cliched with these names slapped on.

Halo: Resurrection or Gear's of War with a vengeance.

Fingers crossed for this so called Blocking pre-owned games and constant internet connection hopefully inplemented into the new Xbox, but if you're one of these Gamers that play nothing but CoD, Halo or Gear's on Xbox 360, then this "Blocking pre-owned games" thing won't matter to you since you are less likely to play any other game, or return the game if it turns out s*** on the next console.

Didn't Sony mainly announce sequels of their IP's too? Killzone 4? Another Infamous? Yet another driving game that'll probably be usurped by the next Forza game again?

All of this just seems a stupid thing to write when we're still waiting for Sony to announce their first real new killer app, but good luck with it, I'm sure these views serve you well.
The Drunken Spy 50

Xbox Live: KillMeOnceMore
PSN ID: KillMeOnceMore

Postby flyfletch » 25 Apr 2013, 07:51

^Yea they did, but going by his name i reckon thats ok as long as its SONY lol

Any way, i reckon we are going to see a next gen Alan Wake, the dev has been very quiet. On top of that a new Halo of some description, a new Forza, probably a glimpse of new Gears and then a few exclusive new IP's and a few exclusive games from 3rd parties.

I really do think they have been working hard behind the scenes on this. They are bigging up the full lineup reveal at E3 for it to be a few games like Sony showed at their reveal, must be something more.

Time will tell though.....So looking forward to having these new systems in my hands!!! :D
flyfletch 71

Postby Landsi » 25 Apr 2013, 08:25

Microsoft need to get this right, I think.

If they announce a handful of new IP's and show off the console, great! But I don't really think it will be enough.

With all this talk of "Always-Online" and being unable to play pre-owned content there's a fair bit of a dark cloud hanging over this announcement already. Sony has already gotten a head start, although no-one has seen the console and what it can truly do yet means nothing, they are out of the starting blocks already and have a good month or so in terms of marketing and publicity.

Microsoft needs to do better than that, and either confirm these rumors or put them to rest.

Either way, it's going to be bloody interesting! :D
Will you walk between the lines?
Landsi 6
New user

Xbox Live: Broken Veil
PSN ID: Landsi
Steam: Landsi

Postby vulcanraven01 » 25 Apr 2013, 10:40

Can't wait!
Hopefully MS will actually show the console, unlike Sony, who's conference seemed a little panicked and thin of details, as if they just wanted to be first to announce their console no matter what.
For me, I'm looking for a few things from MS;
- Clarification on these blocking pre-owned games rumor. I can't see it being true myself, so hopefully they can deny that rumor.
- Some solid hardware specs
- Actually showing the console and the controller
- Possible price point
- Some new exclusive IP's to go alongside any sequels
vulcanraven01 59

Next