to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Interview: Ubisoft Montreal's next-gen agenda

Your comments on our articles.

Studio chief executive Yannis Mallat outlines his team's approach to new tech and IP

While others do their best to sidestep the next-gen issue, Ubisoft is one company which has embraced the impending transition with unabashed pomp.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Interview: Ubisoft Montreal's next-gen agenda

Postby Unition » 22 Apr 2013, 18:09

I've got a feeling that WatchDogs is gonna disappoint in terms of 'what' it can do. So far, all I've seen is our protagonist pressing a button, which in turn does some really cool s***! But, that's not exactly great gameplay, is it? Hopefully, it will impress ... :)
Unition 40

Re: Interview: Ubisoft Montreal's next-gen agenda

Postby budge » 22 Apr 2013, 18:33

Unition wrote:I've got a feeling that WatchDogs is gonna disappoint in terms of 'what' it can do. So far, all I've seen is our protagonist pressing a button, which in turn does some really cool s***! But, that's not exactly great gameplay, is it? Hopefully, it will impress ... :)

I agree. The only thing people seem to be talking about this game is how pwetty the graphics look but not much else. I'd love some deeper information about the game.
Los Rojiblancos
budge 65

Postby wwinterj » 22 Apr 2013, 21:43

Watch Dogs is also on current gen consoles. Sure the graphics may not be as great as the PS4 and nextbox but gameplay will more or less be the same I believe. We shall see but at the moment I'll be buying Watch Dogs for PS3 as I'm in no rush for a next gen console. Shocking I know!
wwinterj 48

Postby qSPARTANp » 23 Apr 2013, 13:49

Ass Creed went downhill when they went multi studio and then yearly churn out, Ghost Recon was turned into a Gears clone and to be honest Gears of war was the game that sold me next gen (current gen) however, ASS 1 was epic. So its a case of wait and see for me as Ubi have been quite disappointing lately.
qSPARTANp 45