to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

FIFA 14 revealed: first details and screenshots

Your comments on our articles.

EA takes the wraps off this year's series entry

EA Sports has officially announced FIFA 14 for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby BenThomasFoster » 17 Apr 2013, 12:32

They can't possibly be repackaging this as a new £40 game.
- I troll without realising it
- Don't listen to a word I say
BenThomasFoster 49

Postby ninja-key » 17 Apr 2013, 12:35

Real Ball Physics

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :roll:
ninja-key 51

Xbox Live: Thekey08
PSN ID: ninja-key

Re: FIFA 14 revealed: first details and screenshots

Postby KK-Headcharge78 » 17 Apr 2013, 12:39

BenThomasFoster wrote:They can't possibly be repackaging this as a new £40 game.

Oh get over it mate ffs, we both know they will be. No likey, no buyie!

Currently own: PS4, PS3, PS2, Vita, Wii, Xbox 360, NES, SNES, Megadrive
KK-Headcharge78 60

Xbox Live: TheDeadlyOG
PSN ID: slypuss7881

Postby adamcrewe » 17 Apr 2013, 12:42

BenThomasFoster wrote:They can't possibly be repackaging this as a new £40 game.

I look forward to the annual release of FIFA as a huge football fan, I don't mind paying £40 for it.
adamcrewe 16
New user

Postby Zelf19 » 17 Apr 2013, 12:45

No Dynamic Weather System,
No Be A Pro: Starting in the streets, using Skill Games to improve your skills and ending a Legend
No Random Fans invading the pitch
No Player discussions against each other
And i Guess no Referee improvements

So why Fifa 14 and not Fifa 13 version 2 ! They are focusing on minor improvements over gameplay and forget whats football is like !
Zelf19 1
New user

Postby ricflair » 17 Apr 2013, 12:47

I wonder if the Wii U version will be FIFA 13 in disguise? There's no excuse for this to be the case this year.

That said, I doubt I'll buy it anyway. Although having a game of footy on the controller was quite fun in the demo, I'd just rather the game was more 'fun' and less realistic.
Woo
ricflair 75

Xbox Live: Ric Flair78
PSN ID: RicFlair78
Steam: RicFlair78
Battle.net: Wii U: RicFlair

Postby BenThomasFoster » 17 Apr 2013, 12:49

adamcrewe wrote:

I look forward to the annual release of FIFA as a huge football fan, I don't mind paying £40 for it.

You're happy to deal with all those bugs and crashes? You happy to deal with boring career, terrible matchmaking?

Buy PES instead please, at least thats using a new better engine now.
- I troll without realising it
- Don't listen to a word I say
BenThomasFoster 49

Postby Karl ONeill » 17 Apr 2013, 13:25

PES you kidding me? hmmm let me think do i want to be Aston Villa or West Midlands Village in the England League??

I'll stick to FIFA and licensed football thank you, i was rather hoping EA would take the Champions League license from Konami this year seeing as PES just keep pissing that license up the wall.
Karl ONeill 33

PSN ID: Karl_37

Postby TheLastDodo » 17 Apr 2013, 13:59

If these are the big headline features then I think I'm gonna give it a miss. Hopefully PES can do something to impress me this year.
TheLastDodo 76

Postby KK-Headcharge78 » 17 Apr 2013, 14:07

PES will have to go a long way to beat FIFA 13, the last few have been terrible imo, and that is saying something since FIFA 13 has many many flaws. FIFA 14 will have to blow my socks off too and not be so bloody focused on FUT (although it makes more money than the actual game itself so hardly surprising) I think I may sit thuis one out this year unless it has some genuine changes, I don't care so much about new features, it's football afterall, but it needs to 'work' a lot better.

KK-Headcharge78 60

Postby TheLastDodo » 17 Apr 2013, 14:12

@KK

It sounds like '14 is going to be the Gears Judgment/GOW Ascension of FIFA to me, a stop gap release to make some money while they put all the good stuff into the first proper next gen versions.
TheLastDodo 76

Postby KK-Headcharge78 » 17 Apr 2013, 14:21

TheLastDodo wrote:@KK

It sounds like '14 is going to be the Gears Judgment/GOW Ascension of FIFA to me, a stop gap release to make some money while they put all the good stuff into the first proper next gen versions.

Good point, I expect the next-gen landscape will be set by the time this comes out and frankly once I know whether it is NextBox or PS4 or both for me games coming out towards the end of the year will be off the radar (unless the consoles are relased later than this time next year) and that goes for this gen versions of Watch Dogs, BF4 and anything else which will have dual titles on this and the next gen.

KK-Headcharge78 60

Postby HelloLadies » 17 Apr 2013, 15:03

They're obviously dragging their feet on purpose with these 'enhanced' gameplay mechanics. If they nailed them all in one release then no one would have a reason to buy into the following years game. But as someone has already mentioned its to bad they don't add things that occur off the pitch to help build immersion and excitement. The developer talking in the video in the other article almost looks like he knows he is talking complete bullshit and that they really haven't raised the bar at all. Certainly not full retail price worthy. A patch probably would have sufficed.
HelloLadies 50

Postby dwhlufc » 17 Apr 2013, 15:43

Karl ONeill wrote:PES you kidding me? hmmm let me think do i want to be Aston Villa or West Midlands Village in the England League??

I'll stick to FIFA and licensed football thank you, i was rather hoping EA would take the Champions League license from Konami this year seeing as PES just keep pissing that license up the wall.

:lol: your obviously a child. EA had that licence years ago and totally f**ked it up! :lol:
dwhlufc 74

Postby frazzerr » 17 Apr 2013, 16:01

Why come on the thread and complain about how it's the same game etc. Call of Duty has been the same f*cking game forever but I bet half of yous moaning buy it religiously. FIFA is a football game and football fans enjoy playing it, like myself so if you don't like it don't buy it. I despair at some people on this site as they just seem to moan and don't have anything worthwhile to say. To those who think PES is better than FIFA, please don't breed because we don't need anymore morons. :lol:
frazzerr 43

PSN ID: frazzerr_1

Next