Valve 'refunded' BioShock Infinite customer after religious

Your comments on our articles.

Forced baptism scene criticised by devout Christian

PC games vendor Valve is alleged to have offered one customer a full refund for BioShock Infinite due to a complaint made about the game's religious themes.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby raredevice » 17 Apr 2013, 11:04

Utterly pathetic. I literally can't sum up how angry this story makes me. Just a pathetic, small minded, petty individual. He should go and live in a box in the middle of nowhere in case someone upsets him.
I like things. The more things the better. I sometimes have three or four things at once. These are my good days.
raredevice 61

Postby wezbit » 17 Apr 2013, 11:12

Biggest E-fool ever! go back and play Bible adventures on the Nes. Why is a "Devout" Christian playing violent games where you use a tool to rip someone's head off anyway? I would love to see this guys game collection.
Last edited by wezbit on 17 Apr 2013, 11:13, edited 1 time in total.
wezbit 45

Re: Valve 'refunded' BioShock Infinite customer after religi

Postby H0P5 » 17 Apr 2013, 11:12

It's a game, don't be such an oozing helmet
-------------
PSN: H0P5
-------------
Capital "H"
Number "0"
Capital "P"
Number "5"
H0P5 47

PSN ID: H0P5

Postby richomack360 » 17 Apr 2013, 11:17

Ok, what if someone else decided they have had enough of this game and demand a refund based on this story ? Nothing stopping me playing the game and then demanding a refund based on exactly the same thing ? (even though I am not religous)

Floodgates spring to mind ?

Disturbing line to draw in the sand, as devs in he future might decide to leave out "taboo" (subjective) topics in case of offence.

I was appalled by the ME3 ending change, but this takes the biscuit...what next ? Pacifists complaining about CoD ? Jehovah's Witness' objecting to health packs ?

Madness.
Fanboys of CVG Forums. This is the law. Disperse immediately, or we will use lethal force to clear the area. You have been warned. You now have 20 posts to comply.
richomack360 60
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: richomack360
Steam: richomack360

Postby ted1138 » 17 Apr 2013, 11:18

What does he do when his character dies? Quite the game to avoid 'resurrecting'? :|
"People mistake the past for the present and they also mistake the present for the future"
Ken Levine
ted1138 61

Postby wezbit » 17 Apr 2013, 11:20

Besides I am a Biotoligist and find it offensive for someone to find my religion offensive, Praise Comstock!
wezbit 45

Postby FishyGinger » 17 Apr 2013, 11:23

Bioshock? 30 quid
Forced baptism? Eternal damnation
electrocuting someone until their head pops? Priceless.
Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
FishyGinger 71

Postby wezbit » 17 Apr 2013, 11:23

double post :oops:
Last edited by wezbit on 17 Apr 2013, 11:51, edited 1 time in total.
wezbit 45

Postby KK-Headcharge78 » 17 Apr 2013, 11:24

I have one smiley for this story :roll:

Oh look at me!!!! I'm positively outraged!!!!!!!!

Hope this person this person never buys a Nine Inch Nails, Bring Me the Horizon, Parkway Drive or Marilyn Manson album......
Last edited by KK-Headcharge78 on 17 Apr 2013, 11:24, edited 1 time in total.

Superb gaming commentary on the YouTubes; ZeroPunctuation, Jimquisition, Giant Bomb, ThedodgyKebab
Check out my Advanced Warfare MP review; http://www.rosetintedgamers.com/2014/11/13/call-of-duty-advance-warfare-multi-player/
KK-Headcharge78 64

Xbox Live: FragHappyChappy
PSN ID: slypuss7881
Steam: slypuss7881

Postby runadumb » 17 Apr 2013, 11:24

I think its pretty cool Valve refunded him. Considering he must have went into it in a very naive way and stopped playing very early on, which they could check through his account.

I would love to see how he would react to the heavy violence in the game though :)
runadumb 62

Postby sabre2011 » 17 Apr 2013, 11:26

raredevice wrote:Utterly pathetic. I literally can't sum up how angry this story makes me. Just a pathetic, small minded, petty individual. He should go and live in a box in the middle of nowhere in case someone upsets him.

You accuse this person of being small minded yet you yourself are being small minded by insulting him/her. It does not affect you one bit that this person was refunded so why should you even be concerned? This person has a religious belief and you obviously do not. I am sure there are things in life that you firmly believe in. How would you like to be told to "go live in the middle of know were in case some one upsets" you just because you feel strongly about something?

Maybe you should stay out of other people's beliefs and worry about things that directly effect you and you only. Religion is a choice and is not forced upon you. Just because you choose not to believe does not mean you have a right to mock those who do.

I would love to see how he would react to the heavy violence in the game though :)

I know many religiously minded people who play violent games. Life is violent and very few choose to quit playing the game of life.
Last edited by sabre2011 on 17 Apr 2013, 11:28, edited 1 time in total.
sabre2011 12

Postby mham96 » 17 Apr 2013, 11:28

so let me see this devout christian didn't have any problem with killing which is wrong in christianity but he got mad because of one small part of the game plus he knows that this game will this kind of things.i bet he had a problem with gay relationships in mass effect 3
mham96 27

Postby Ertan Ertigan » 17 Apr 2013, 11:29

with any luck, this story will move a few more copies of the game. twit.
Ertan Ertigan 50

Postby SameerAFC » 17 Apr 2013, 11:30

What I don't get is that the said person had no problem in committing virtual mass murder but had an issue with the virtual baptism!!!!!! That is a very dangerous school of thought!
SameerAFC 50

Xbox Live: IcemanAFC
PSN ID: IcemanAFC

Postby sabre2011 » 17 Apr 2013, 11:30

mham96 wrote:so let me see this devout christian didn't have any problem with killing which is wrong in christianity but he got mad because of one small part of the game plus he knows that this game will this kind of things.i bet he had a problem with gay relationships in mass effect 3

You see this sort of response amazes me? You are now bringing "Gay" lifestyles and killing into a short story of a person who asked for a refund on religious grounds. You mock simply because you refuse to try and understand why the person asked for a refund.

Also were in the story was it noted that the person concerned was Christian?? Again you mock because you do not understand.
sabre2011 12

Next