to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Double Dragon II: WotD review - Could this be the worst game

Your comments on our articles.

Doubly depressing

You're getting your head kicked in. There are three guys surrounding you and every time you focus your attention on one of them, it only gives the other two a free opening to swing a punch at you.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby richomack360 » 16 Apr 2013, 12:42

Chris - you gave it a ten for being rubbish ?

Whatever you are on I want some !
Twitter - @richomack360, XBL: richomack360

R.I.P. Rik Mayall - British comedy has lost an icon and a jolly nice b'stard.
richomack360 60
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: richomack360

Postby disgustingtramp » 16 Apr 2013, 12:49

I feel bad for you Chris. For having to review this game. It really couldn't have been fun.
disgustingtramp 32

Postby Balladeer » 16 Apr 2013, 12:54

Ah, this reminds me of the old crap game reviews back in NGamer and its forebears. Delicious memories...
StonecoldMC wrote:The only ones who might Win E3 are the websites like CVG (who again had record traffic to the site for E3 yesterday) who will make millions out of the billions of comments made discussing who f**king won E3.

GNamer, for Nintendo talk.
Balladeer 77

Re: Double Dragon II: WotD review - Could this be the worst

Postby TheLastDodo » 16 Apr 2013, 13:02

1/10?

Read more like a 7.5 to me.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby Chris Scullion » 16 Apr 2013, 13:13

TheLastNinja wrote:i tried it and thought it was pretty good was even thinking of downloading it and you must be bad at it if you got hit so much i finished the demo level without taking a hit but i am a very skilled old school gamer i am a street fighter 1 grand master

Okay mate, I'm happy for you. I reckon I'm pretty decent at games too and I stand by my review - it's gash. :(
Chris Scullion
CVG Staff

Xbox Live: Scully1888
PSN ID: Scully1888

Postby Barry316 » 16 Apr 2013, 13:17

I reckon he got confused and played the demo for Double Dragon Neon, because this is the second review i've read today saying it's the worst game ever and a score of 1.

And i'm a sitting down and eating bacon and bean toasty grand master so i know my stuff.
Here's a lockpick, now jog on.
Barry316 66

Postby MANYOO4EVA » 16 Apr 2013, 13:18

If it is that bad, how did it get the go-ahead to be released?

Whoever certified this game needs a good kicking and talking to.

This game is quite clearlyl the Scary Movie 5 (no I haven't seen it or want to but iGN only gave it a 1) of the games world.
MANYOO4EVA 40

Postby mw123 » 16 Apr 2013, 13:29

Totally agree with reviewer

I downloaded the trial and had quit the game and deleted it off my hard drive faster than it had taken to download a truly hideous game.
mw123 39

Postby KesMonkey » 16 Apr 2013, 13:40

TheLastNinja wrote:i tried it and thought it was pretty good was even thinking of downloading it and you must be bad at it if you got hit so much i finished the demo level without taking a hit but i am a very skilled old school gamer i am a street fighter 1 grand master

You're joking, right?
No, seriously, please tell us that you're trying to be funny.
This game doesn't have a single redeeming feature.
If this game was free, it would be awful value for money.
I don't know about worst game on XBLA, as I haven't played them all, but it is certainly one of the very worst games I've ever had the misfortune to encounter.
Barry316 wrote:I reckon he got confused and played the demo for Double Dragon Neon, because this is the second review i've read today saying it's the worst game ever and a score of 1.

And i'm a sitting down and eating bacon and bean toasty grand master so i know my stuff.

What??? Have I woken up in opposite world today? Double Dragon Neon is excellent.
If you're wondering, yes, I played the original DD back in the day and loved it. It was my favourite beat-em-up until Streets of Rage II.
I like cake.
KesMonkey 62

Postby Barry316 » 16 Apr 2013, 13:50

I agree Neon is good, you've read the comment wrong. I said TheLastNinja must have played Neon to say this was good and he got mixed up between the two.
Here's a lockpick, now jog on.
Barry316 66

Postby veato » 16 Apr 2013, 14:01

When the article first went up the score was 10.0 but I see it has been edited to the more fitting 1.0

Unless you're a grandmaster of Street Fighter. Then it deserves at least eleventy.
What I'm Playing Most: Ni No Kuni (PS3) / Titanfall (XBO) / Kerbal Space Program (Mac/PC) / Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS)

BLOG
veato 48

Xbox Live: veato
PSN ID: veato666
Steam: veato

Postby WHERESMYMONKEY » 16 Apr 2013, 14:04

Completely agree with the review. I downloaded the trail for nostalgias sake and god damn is it shocking. Complete waste since DD2 was one of the best games on the NES.
Comedy. gaming. Lemmings? You do the math www.laserlemming.com
WHERESMYMONKEY 66

Postby Queen Skillage » 16 Apr 2013, 14:19

Double Dragon II is my favourite NES game, and I have such fond childhood memories of it...the trailer for this just s**t all over them.
Queen Skillage 63
Global Moderator

Postby ensabahnur » 16 Apr 2013, 14:22

Yeah this looks gash, but then again i thought Double Dragon Neon was gash as well.
"Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!"
ensabahnur 68

Xbox Live: Sk1dmark 76
PSN ID: FLANGEMAN
Steam: Ensabahnur

Postby sonic_uk » 16 Apr 2013, 15:13

Wow, and I thought Double Dragon 3 on the Gameboy was bad (I should know, I had that bad boy and believe me it is definitely one of the worst games I have played, ever!). I normally take reviews with a pinch of salt and read between the lines to get to the truth, but (unlike the majority of reviews I have read across the net) this review does indeed sound legit. Double Dragon Neon was pretty good, although imo still not as good as the original, or indeed Double Dragon 1 on the Gameboy - amazing game. I know this is a different developer but Its hard to believe its gone so horribly wrong for the franchise!

Kesmoney - I think Barry316 was saying the forum user had played the demo of Neon and confused it with this, not the reviewer.
Own...360(Slim), Ps4, Ps3(SuperSlim), Ps2, Ps1, PsVita, XperiaPlay, Gamecube, Snes, Dreamcast, Megadrive, MegaCd 2, Saturn, Gamegear, PC

Owned...Acorn Electron, Atari 2600, Gameboy, Master System, 32x, GBA SP, Xbox, Psp, 360(Premium), Ps3(BC), Wii(BC)
sonic_uk 56

Next