Skyrim team 'moving on to next major project'

Your comments on our articles.

Developer thanks fans for support

Bethesda's Skyrim development team has bid a fond farewell to fans and confirmed it is moving on to its next project.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby illage2 » 15 Apr 2013, 16:01

NO MORE SKYRIM DLC!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
ImageImage
illage2 54

Xbox Live: illage4
PSN ID: illage2
Steam: illage2
xFire: illage2

Postby GlynCR » 15 Apr 2013, 16:02

Fallout 4 on next gen cant see em rolling straight on to another elder scrolls game just yet?? Fallout would look great on the current skyrim engine so I think it could melt eyes on next gen tech

I've seen things you wouldn't believe!
GlynCR 58

PSN ID: booshtastic

Re: Skyrim team 'moving on to next major project'

Postby EvilWaterman » 15 Apr 2013, 16:22

I bet they can't wait to see the back of my old friend, PS3!
PSN: EvilWaterman
www.playstationcrowd.com
www.oldnrubbish.co.uk
Chuck Norris Approved
EvilWaterman 55

PSN ID: EvilWaterman

Postby raredevice » 15 Apr 2013, 16:23

I'm not sure they should do 'bigger'. Better, yes, but not bigger. Seems to me they struggled to keep a lid on everything as it was, so getting more ambitious would seem rather short sighted to me. Make it smaller, with better game mechanics and, most importantly, ship it bug-free. That would get everyone's attention.
I like things. The more things the better. I sometimes have three or four things at once. These are my good days.
raredevice 61

Postby BenThomasFoster » 15 Apr 2013, 16:42

For their next project I hope they beef up their production team by at least half more and a new engine. When you think how much of a block buster skyrim was it's quite carzy how it was only made by 100ish people total! for a fallout/skyrim size games these days I must say I expect 100 working on content alone expecially on the next eldar scrolls which will be a GTA4 style block buster no doubt
- I troll without realising it
- Don't listen to a word I say
BenThomasFoster 49

Postby jodders » 15 Apr 2013, 16:46

Beth need to ditch that ages old engine! Before anybody says it's a totally new engine: it isn't it's the same one they've been using for years with a few added and tweeked bits. If I tweek a persons nipples new boobage they do not have! (A nice mental image of Yoda singing that 'Rub mah boobies' song from youtube...)
They really should put more effort into putting games out in a workable state. If their next game's as buggy or they only send review copies for one platform for the love of god: DO NOT BUY IT!
BETHESDA NEEDS TO BE HIT IN THE POCKETS FOR DODGEY PRACTICES!
jodders 62

Postby Jingee » 15 Apr 2013, 17:03

f**k Fallout 4, outsource that s**t again. Tamriel is a much more interesting and varied place to explore than a f**king empty grey wasteland. How will Boston (rumoured) vary so much from Vegas or DC? They'll all be ruined grey cities, with the same boring buildings and enemies. Why not move on to the next TES game instead? head off to the Summerset Isle, or Valenwood, where you actually have a vastly different ecology and world to play in.

Massive rant over.
Jingee 51

Postby Jingee » 15 Apr 2013, 17:08

Alaann wrote:thats a very small team is that all of them,ubisoft montrol has 2100 staff.bethasda should hire more devs but then again they should probley keep doing what they are doing because they are doing it right

It's one thing having a huge team, but another having a small but supremely talented team.
Jingee 51

Postby Mini-Nev » 15 Apr 2013, 17:11

Have to say the Skyrim DLC was pretty poor. Even with the half price discount (got it on PS3). Dragonborn was underwhelming and Hearthfire was incredible limiting and downright broken, doubt we will ever see a fix now! :(
"There's always a lighthouse, there's always a man, there's always a city."
Mini-Nev 43

Xbox Live: minin3v
PSN ID: MLNLN3V

Postby HarryJack » 15 Apr 2013, 17:16

I swear there is 1 one piece of dlc, or is that just a dream I had?
HarryJack 23

Postby Mini-Nev » 15 Apr 2013, 17:25

Jingee wrote:
Alaann wrote:thats a very small team is that all of them,ubisoft montrol has 2100 staff.bethasda should hire more devs but then again they should probley keep doing what they are doing because they are doing it right

It's one thing having a huge team, but another having a small but supremely talented team.

A bigger team might help them with the testing of their games though. Every Bethasda game is a buggy mess for about a month after launch if not longer.
"There's always a lighthouse, there's always a man, there's always a city."
Mini-Nev 43

Xbox Live: minin3v
PSN ID: MLNLN3V

Postby nb_nmare2 » 15 Apr 2013, 17:26

jodders wrote:Beth need to ditch that ages old engine! Before anybody says it's a totally new engine: it isn't it's the same one they've been using for years with a few added and tweeked bits.

That's like saying Unreal Engine 4 is the same engine used in the original Unreal. Sure, there are snippets here and there from the original, but the vast majority of it has been heavily modified or completely replaced. Bethesda have been quoted as saying that Skyrim's engine is as similar to Oblivion's as Oblivion's is to Morrowind's.

Also, its highly unfair to blame the problems in Oblivion and Fallout 3 on the engine - they're caused by Bethesda's additions and changes to the engine. Otherwise other games which use GameBryo, such as Civilization IV and Bully, would be full of bugs as well (which they're not).
nb_nmare2 58

Postby fionn1 » 15 Apr 2013, 17:28

You missed a trick though Skyrim team...

No co-op mutiplayer....and yes I know about Elder Scrolls, just wouldnt be the same though....such a shame but never mind
fionn1 46

Xbox Live: Breenington

Postby Jingee » 15 Apr 2013, 17:31

Alaann wrote:I disagree with you on no fallout 4 I want to play it,but I agree with you on the enviroment it would be good if not every corner of the map looked the same maybe dark tall forests and snowing parts to the map aswell as the burnt world look that is currently in fallout 3/new vegas

I got a bit carried away, let me expand.
My reasoning was that the world of New Vegas was a much more enjoyable world than that of F3; lots more to see and do, and many more quests. Obsidian did a fantastic job in the year they were given to create NV. There are plenty of indications in-game of where Obsidian had to cut corners due to lack of time and looming deadlines. Imagine what they could do with a 2 year cycle to create a new Fallout game?
Jingee 51

Postby Jingee » 15 Apr 2013, 17:33

Mini-Nev wrote:A bigger team might help them with the testing of their games though. Every Bethasda game is a buggy mess for about a month after launch if not longer.

Devs out-source a large amount of their Alpha, Beta and release builds for testing. If anyone's fault, it's Zenimax for enforcing strict deadlines.
Jingee 51

Next