to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Gallery: New The Elder Scrolls Online screenshots

Your comments on our articles.

Locations and bug fights showcased in latest shots

A fresh batch of The Elder Scrolls Online screenshots have been posted on AGB.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Gallery: New The Elder Scrolls Online screenshots

Postby metallicorphan » 12 Apr 2013, 12:05

Looks like its going to be great,i just wish there was a console version happening,so i guess i will be with Final Fantasy 14 on the PS3
metallicorphan 60

Xbox Live: metallicorphan
PSN ID: metallicorphan
Wii Code: 8008135-111111111

Re: Gallery: New The Elder Scrolls Online screenshots

Postby richomack360 » 12 Apr 2013, 12:19

An Elder Scrolls game without bugs causing a nuisance just isn't an Elder Scrolls game
Twitter - @richomack360, XBL: richomack360

R.I.P. Rik Mayall - British comedy has lost an icon and a jolly nice b'stard.
richomack360 60
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: richomack360

Postby qSPARTANp » 12 Apr 2013, 12:44

The next great MMO to fail???
qSPARTANp 49

Postby goggy » 12 Apr 2013, 13:24

I'll give it a go, but i'm so burnt out on MMO's atm.

It will have to be something really special to keep me interested.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwMdcESljqg - Still the greatest E3 reveal ever!!!
goggy 50

Postby Imaduck » 12 Apr 2013, 17:25

Maybe it's just me but eh, this looks like bliss :o

Since WoW is going down the drain at a startling rate, this and Destiny on the Horizon, I think the long run of failed MMO's (other than WoW and a few others) may be about to end. WoW is stagnant s**t these days, it's gone so far from its roots, and it's stupidly easy and soulless. This should have all the charm and forward looking positivity of vanilla WoW and TBC, within a world that is better suited to 3rd or 1st person views and has in recent years been much better developed. Also one of the champions of PC gaming and modding. If ever there was a game to knock WoW down, this should be it, or could be if done right.
Imaduck 58

Postby Cogglesz » 12 Apr 2013, 21:10

Imaduck wrote:Maybe it's just me but eh, this looks like bliss :o

Since WoW is going down the drain at a startling rate, this and Destiny on the Horizon, I think the long run of failed MMO's (other than WoW and a few others) may be about to end. WoW is stagnant s**t these days, it's gone so far from its roots, and it's stupidly easy and soulless. This should have all the charm and forward looking positivity of vanilla WoW and TBC, within a world that is better suited to 3rd or 1st person views and has in recent years been much better developed. Also one of the champions of PC gaming and modding. If ever there was a game to knock WoW down, this should be it, or could be if done right.

Nah i fully agree with you, Its got the Lore, the Story and the locations to really make this a breathtaking game, i'm checking my emails daily for a beta key to give this a shot, Now i've spent tons of hours on WoW and i played right up to the Lich King but after that i was done, i agree with alot of people saying the MMO genre is just tiring to us now which i'll be honest is pretty true, its always an insane grind and when you actually get to the top, theres not much waiting for you in end game content, however i feel if what the developers have said recently is true this is going to be a proper evolution of MMO's you could call it a Next Gen MMO if your using the likes of WoW as an example of an mmo, i don't feel its really going to be a grind where your going to be farming xp and gold to get to where you want, the fact its all in one mega server is a great idea and something thats not really been done before, i'm a bit dissapointed they only want to use the Third person perspective but thats fine with me, personally i'm a big fan of TES series and i've spent alot of time reading in game books and wiki's about the story and lore which is really brilliant in my opinion so being able to visit these places we've read about and encounter creatures that were only once in lore will be great, I personally think its a smarter move than just going for a next gen TES, give the Fallout franchise a bit of love in the next gen instead, TES isn't going to always be MMO from now on and i'm pretty sure we'll have an amazing single player game for the next gen consoles with maybe even co-op with all they've learned from this MMO, i think even if your not a fan of TES but are into MMO's this game will be right up your alley, i've really not seen much bad about it yet, even the combat system is great, instead of just hitting keys and watching animations you'll be using your mouse and or 360 pad to use your attacks while still getting those extra magic spells on a hotbar, I feel its going to be pretty big, as much as we're all tired out from MMO's i feel this will be a proper evolution to the genre and to the franchise itself.
http://i.imgur.com/ShWjhnH.png
Cogglesz 59

PSN ID: Cogglesz
Steam: Cogglesz
Battle.net: TheCogglesz#2186
xFire: Cogglesz