to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Need for Speed: Underground reboot rumoured

Your comments on our articles.

Criterion game said to feature an original Bayview setting

EA studio Criterion Games is rumoured to be working on a Need for Speed: Underground reboot.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Need for Speed: Underground reboot rumoured

Postby Dizzee » 12 Apr 2013, 11:18

They screwed up MW now they're targeting Underground? Better make it close to original game else you wanna p**s off NFS fans even more :x.
Dizzee 35

Re: Need for Speed: Underground reboot rumoured

Postby El Mag » 12 Apr 2013, 11:21

Was it one of the Underground games that had Kelly Brook in? If so just bring her back, the game will take care of itself then.
Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
El Mag 68

Xbox Live: El Maggio
PSN ID: ElMagnifico83

Postby WiiFuelee » 12 Apr 2013, 11:27

El Mag wrote:Was it one of the Underground games that had Kelly Brook in? If so just bring her back, the game will take care of itself then.

It was Brooke Burke in Underground 2. I just want a new NFS as good as Criterions Hot Pursuit from a couple of years ago. MW was ok.
Last edited by WiiFuelee on 12 Apr 2013, 12:37, edited 1 time in total.
WiiFuelee 45

Postby veato » 12 Apr 2013, 11:46

I always preferred the Underground NFS games. For me the neons, bodykits and arcade handling are what NFS is about rather than extensive cop chases and realistic racing.
What I'm Playing Most: Ni No Kuni (PS3) / Titanfall (XBO) / Kerbal Space Program (Mac/PC) / Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS)

BLOG
veato 48

Xbox Live: veato
PSN ID: veato666
Steam: veato

Postby H0P5 » 12 Apr 2013, 12:00

veato wrote:I always preferred the Underground NFS games. For me the neons, bodykits and arcade handling are what NFS is about rather than extensive cop chases and realistic racing.

Agree!
-------------
PSN: H0P5
-------------
Capital "H"
Number "0"
Capital "P"
Number "5"
H0P5 47

PSN ID: H0P5

Postby riskyfrisky » 12 Apr 2013, 12:16

El Mag wrote:Was it one of the Underground games that had Kelly Brook in? If so just bring her back, the game will take care of itself then.

Kelly was on the back cover but i can't remember what role she played in-game. I can only remember Brooke Burke. What's wrong with me?!
riskyfrisky 16

Postby BlueScorpion91 » 12 Apr 2013, 12:21

I hope this isn't true to be honest, as I doubt they would focus on the deep tuning and drag and drift events that made the original two so great.
Cheeky & Geeky since 1991 | 3DS Mii code: 2766-8673-8011(Ammy). PM me if you add me and I'll add you back. | Twitter: @BlueScorpion91
BlueScorpion91 42

PSN ID: bluscorp91
Wii Code: 3DS 2766 8673 8011
Steam: psn_bluscorp91

Postby photoboy » 12 Apr 2013, 12:56

H0P5 wrote:
veato wrote:I always preferred the Underground NFS games. For me the neons, bodykits and arcade handling are what NFS is about rather than extensive cop chases and realistic racing.

Agree!

Same here. A return to the neon lit chav-mobiles with arcade handling would be most welcome! That said, I am quite enjoying working my way through Most Wanted on the Wii U.
photoboy 48

Postby Sangor » 12 Apr 2013, 13:00

Underground 1&2 were both great games, but for me High Stakes/Road Challenge is the perfect example of the Need for Speed series.
Costa Panayi
Sangor 50

Postby steve w » 12 Apr 2013, 13:16

I've found there last two Nfs very bland how about another burnout game Criterion.
steve w 57

Postby sonic_uk » 12 Apr 2013, 13:32

I think Underground although good at the time, has had its day. Back then when it was released it was right in the middle of the Fast And Furious craze when young thugs would try and modify (vandalize) their puny 1 litre cars (and make them no faster) after watching the film, hence the popularity of the game. That seems to have died away in recent years, as people have moved on, grown up and got into other things or bought better cars (even small, basic cars nowadays are pretty decent quality) and are not into that scene anymore. I think the appeal of such a game nowadays would be wasted. Sure there are tons of car games like Forza where you can modify your car, but most of the tuning options in the game are for genuine tuning and add actual benefit on the track. Underground was more about showing off with Neon Lights etc. I'd prefer another traditional Nfs game like Hot Pursuit or the very first Nfs ever, where you unlock (or preferably buy with in game money earned from completing races) genuine exotic sports and supercars. As a car enthusiast I would also like to see a return to the information you got about the actual cars. They did a bit of this in Hot Pursuit which was great, but I'd like even more, like the old Nfs games where you had videos, slideshows etc. To me that's what Nfs is about. Then again, maybe I'm just old and remember the good 'ol days too much!
Own...360(Slim), Ps4, Ps3(SuperSlim), Ps2, Ps1, PsVita, XperiaPlay, Gamecube, Snes, Dreamcast, Megadrive, MegaCd 2, Saturn, Gamegear, PC

Owned...Acorn Electron, Atari 2600, Gameboy, Master System, 32x, GBA SP, Xbox, Psp, 360(Premium), Ps3(BC), Wii(BC)
sonic_uk 56

Postby acey » 12 Apr 2013, 13:34

I wish they would stop making yearly need for speed games and give us a new burnout.Or at least a hd remake of takedown and revenge for the vita.
acey 53

Postby gmcb007 » 12 Apr 2013, 13:36

Agreed. Like many other franchises, it was revamped to cater for the Michael bay market and it has got old very fast.
EA Sports: It's in the game(for a price).
gmcb007 63

Xbox Live: PM me if you want it

Postby sonic_uk » 12 Apr 2013, 13:54

acey wrote:I wish they would stop making yearly need for speed games and give us a new burnout.Or at least a hd remake of takedown and revenge for the vita.

I'm happy with yearly Nfs games but I must be the only person who preferred a non-open world setting for the Burnout games. Burnout 2 was the best of the lot, and 3, Domination and Revenge were very enjoyable too. I just got really bored of Paradise, and hated the fact that the roads weren't closed off in the actual race and always ended up going in the right direction, only to find the road I was actually on was a dead end or bent round to go in completely the wrong direction. Very frustrating. I also just got bored of the open world - there simply wasn't enough to do in it. The earlier games were more structured, pick your car, track and go for it. I also found them more fun overall.
Own...360(Slim), Ps4, Ps3(SuperSlim), Ps2, Ps1, PsVita, XperiaPlay, Gamecube, Snes, Dreamcast, Megadrive, MegaCd 2, Saturn, Gamegear, PC

Owned...Acorn Electron, Atari 2600, Gameboy, Master System, 32x, GBA SP, Xbox, Psp, 360(Premium), Ps3(BC), Wii(BC)
sonic_uk 56

Postby KK-Headcharge78 » 12 Apr 2013, 14:17

f**k off EA and get a Road Rash game made pronto....

*For da record the best NFS games imo are the Shift ones....

KK-Headcharge78 63

Xbox Live: Bison VS Mario
PSN ID: slypuss7881
Steam: slypuss7881

Next