Miyamoto: consumers will eventually see merit in unique Wii

Your comments on our articles.

Nintendo designer insists Wii U will flourish with time

Shigeru Miyamoto believes the Wii U's unique functionality will eventually win consumers over.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Miyamoto: consumers will eventually see merit in unique Wii

Postby V4.SKUNK » 08 Apr 2013, 00:48

Needs first party games...Nintendo are going to fall if they dont get into gear and release big hitters like Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Starfox, F-Zero etc....
V4.SKUNK 39

Re: Miyamoto: consumers will eventually see merit in unique

Postby fatgangsta » 08 Apr 2013, 01:11

Weird as fok because i remember the say when the Big Company's would have at the very 1 game made specifically by the company at launch. Nintendo case i think they can be only botherd about release cheap Flash style games
fatgangsta 41

Postby Audest_Oggust » 08 Apr 2013, 01:58

"There is going to come a point where they feel 'I can't do everything I want to do if I don't have a second screen."

Care to give some examples? Anyone?
Last edited by Audest_Oggust on 08 Apr 2013, 02:58, edited 1 time in total.
Like the funny? Support us at -- https://www.youtube.com/user/berriesbulletsbandgs
Audest_Oggust 57

Xbox Live: Audega
PSN ID: NodAtTheBird147

Postby shev » 08 Apr 2013, 02:51

Dual screens have been around a long time on the PC. I would love to see more developers utilize it, by giving the possibility of having maps, quest-info, etc. on there. Apparently there's just not enough demand for it, so I believe that no matter how much nintendo tries to educate the market, nothing but a stellar first-party line-up is gonna save them. I mean even if people were to become desperate enough to get a second screen, why wouldn't they just get a vita and with the ps4 get a next-gen Wii U?

No, nothing but HD Zelda and HD Mario will save them. On behalf of all nintendo fans out there, I can just hope that they don't let the burden of higher graphics hamper their creative game-design, because then the Wii U's future doesn't look very bright. And even if this were to be the case, one can just hope that Nintendo have enough business sense to not sink too much of their resources into salvaging a broken ship, so that they don't sink with it (highly unlikely, considering how much they have in the bank).
shev 46

Postby vectra » 08 Apr 2013, 03:43

The Wii U is a solid machine and I myself plan to own one at some stage. I'm just waiting for certain titles to be announced and then I'm on board.

Others are just playing the waiting game right now, they're waiting to see what the competition offer first which is what happened to Sega with the Dreamcast when they released earlier than their competitors.

The Wii U is nowhere near dead and all it takes is a few software announcements for it to be on track again.
Forever Old School.
vectra 63

Postby disgustingtramp » 08 Apr 2013, 06:46

vectra wrote:
The Wii U is nowhere near dead and all it takes is a few software announcements for it to be on track again.

THIS

Just like every console they seemed to have released this past 5-10 years, they never have the games ready. BUT, when they are, the console will sell well. It's something they should stop doing to be honest, why they don't ready up a brand new 2D/3D mario and new zelda game for its release.. I don't know, they would sell so many more. Infact even if Pikmin was ready it would of sold so many more.
disgustingtramp 32

Postby Balladeer » 08 Apr 2013, 07:24

vectra wrote:The Wii U is a solid machine and I myself plan to own one at some stage. I'm just waiting for certain titles to be announced and then I'm on board.

Others are just playing the waiting game right now, they're waiting to see what the competition offer first which is what happened to Sega with the Dreamcast when they released earlier than their competitors.

This. Although... maybe not the Dreamcast comparison.

Anyway, I'm excited for what Miyamoto can do with two screens. Although to be frank, I'd be excited for what Miyamoto could do with a stick and a dog turd.
RIP CVG. Future can get stuffed.

Find me on GNamer or the CVG Survivors' Club.
Balladeer 78

Postby richomack360 » 08 Apr 2013, 08:48

Yes Miyamoto...we know. Less time jabbering, more time on the drawing board please.

Get those games released
Fanboys of CVG Forums. This is the law. Disperse immediately, or we will use lethal force to clear the area. You have been warned. You now have 20 posts to comply.
richomack360 60
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: richomack360
Steam: richomack360

Postby WHERESMYMONKEY » 08 Apr 2013, 09:12

I finally had a go on a wiiU over the weekend and i have to say its absolutely brilliant. The only thing the system needs to get people to conver to it is to actually get people playing on it.

Stupid thing about all these doom and gloom articles is that the wiiU is actually doing fine. In fact its sold more in its launch window than the 360 did and about the same as the ps3. Only thing its lagging behind is the wii.

here's an artcile with actual facts.

http://www.laserlemming.com/2013/04/04/ ... aggerated/
Comedy. gaming. Lemmings? You do the math www.laserlemming.com
WHERESMYMONKEY 66

Postby fyckfaco » 08 Apr 2013, 09:16

It doesnt need zelda, mario, metroid. Those are just safe bets.
If nintendo really want to dominate the world, new fresh ips with the nintendo stamp of approval on it.
fyckfaco 35

Postby Bambis Dad » 08 Apr 2013, 09:22

Two screens? Hmm PS3/Vita Sly Racoon does it brilliantly.
Childhood pictures redeem, clean and so serene
See myself without ruining lines
Whole days throwing sticks into streams

I have crawled so far sideways
I recognise dim traces of creation
Bambis Dad 52

Postby Zaphod_B » 08 Apr 2013, 09:44

WHERESMYMONKEY wrote:I finally had a go on a wiiU over the weekend and i have to say its absolutely brilliant. The only thing the system needs to get people to conver to it is to actually get people playing on it.

Stupid thing about all these doom and gloom articles is that the wiiU is actually doing fine. In fact its sold more in its launch window than the 360 did and about the same as the ps3. Only thing its lagging behind is the wii.

here's an artcile with actual facts.

http://www.laserlemming.com/2013/04/04/ ... aggerated/

This first point I completely agree with. I didn't get one at launch despite been a big Ninty fan, but when I tried one I loved it, t'was everything I wanted from a new console, and got one as soon as I had the cash.
They need to get it out there, get people playing on it. it's a great machine, and feels lovely to play on.
"Never eat more that 2 Pan-Galatic Gargle Blasters unless you are a 30-ton Mega Elephant with Broncal Phemonia"
Zaphod_B 43

Postby WHERESMYMONKEY » 08 Apr 2013, 09:57

disgustingtramp wrote:
vectra wrote:

THIS

Just like every console they seemed to have released this past 5-10 years, they never have the games ready. BUT, when they are, the console will sell well. It's something they should stop doing to be honest, why they don't ready up a brand new 2D/3D mario and new zelda game for its release.. I don't know, they would sell so many more. Infact even if Pikmin was ready it would of sold so many more.

Precisely. I think a large part of the wii rocketing off the shelves at launch was because it had twighlight princess packed in.

It was just an incredibly confident launch. they had Zelda for the hardcore and wiisports to show your mum, which meant that she went out and got one to play wiisports on.
Comedy. gaming. Lemmings? You do the math www.laserlemming.com
WHERESMYMONKEY 66

Postby steve_2003 » 08 Apr 2013, 09:59

I love both Miyamoto and Nintendo, but the DS comparison isn't really a good one. The Wii-U costs £300 (when the remaining HMV stores aren't trying to increase turnover by selling it at a loss), far more than the DS.
I would love to see the Wii-U succeed, but consumers don't have £300 to spare on a system without big titles. Another factor Nintendo need to take into account is they only have until the Autumn to 'sell' their system to the public, because if there are still no huge releases and a big marketing push by then, all the gamers hard earned Wii-U cash will go straight towards the new Xbox or PS4.

Come on Nintendo, work your magic! 8)
steve_2003 64

Postby ted1138 » 08 Apr 2013, 10:54

The only game that had me at all interested in the WiiU was Aliens:CM, and not only did they completely botch that one up, they went and flamin' well canceled it for the WiiU! :roll:
Last edited by ted1138 on 08 Apr 2013, 16:46, edited 1 time in total.
"People mistake the past for the present and they also mistake the present for the future"
Ken Levine
ted1138 61

Next