to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Fast & Furious: Showdown release date confirmed

Your comments on our articles.

Activision movie tie-in set for May

Activision has confirmed a May release for Fast & Furious: Showdown, the upcoming game to tie-in with Fast & Furious 6.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Fast & Furious: Showdown release date confirmed

Postby Papzotic » 05 Apr 2013, 05:41

Activision is a cancer. Another waste of time really. They made one really good Fast and the Furious game. These movie games by Activision are f**king useless and worthless.
Papzotic 29

Re: Fast & Furious: Showdown release date confirmed

Postby SavageEvil » 05 Apr 2013, 10:21

Lmao, what is this sponsored by Chysler/Dodge...I see nothing but their cars in those shots. Movie tie in, awesome so it's going to nail the expected 5.0 and lower score eh? Those visuals looks horrible, I see Rush 2049 in that 300M shot, check out those wheels man....O_o!
SavageEvil 51

Postby ChrisTypeR » 05 Apr 2013, 11:07

If it weren't for COD, Activision would have gone bankrupt years ago - they have always made substandard games even when I was a nipper with a ZX81, all Activision games were nailed together by monkey's :mrgreen:
ChrisTypeR 36

Postby brookie_2001 » 05 Apr 2013, 11:20

You know your game is going to be good when you have to photoshop a blur on the car (shot 3).
Everyone moans about EA but seriously i think Activision have to be contenders for worst publisher. They just churn out rubbish.
brookie_2001 62

Postby sonic_uk » 05 Apr 2013, 14:42

Gunman? I don't remember any of the main cast shooting guns in the films (except in the first film right at the end when Paul Walker shoots the baddie on the bike). I just have a horrible feeling this game will be crap, especially if Activi$ion are involved.

ChrisTypeR wrote:If it weren't for COD, Activision would have gone bankrupt years ago - they have always made substandard games even when I was a nipper with a ZX81, all Activision games were nailed together by monkey's :mrgreen:

Indeed. They did make some good Atari games though, one of my all time favourite games was Enduro on the 2600. It was a car racing game where you had to pass a certain number of cars each day before dawn to continue. I never made it to day 7 though, I never knew whether if you made it you would complete it or it kept going. The graphics were really decent at the time, with fog and night time - where you could only see the tail lights of the cars infront, snow which would make your car steer much slower, and lovely day to night transitions in real time. Very, very impressive for a 2600 and definitely my favourite Atari 2600 game of all time.
Own...360(Slim), Ps4, Ps3(SuperSlim), Ps2, Ps1, PsVita, XperiaPlay, Gamecube, Snes, Dreamcast, Megadrive, MegaCd 2, Saturn, Gamegear, PC

Owned...Acorn Electron, Atari 2600, Gameboy, Master System, 32x, GBA SP, Xbox, Psp, 360(Premium), Ps3(BC), Wii(BC)
sonic_uk 56

Postby vectra » 05 Apr 2013, 15:07

This game looks a bit... budget. Looking at the publisher however I'm assuming this will be a fully-priced retail release.

Still, I hope that it is a brilliant playing but not extremely well presented title.
Last edited by vectra on 07 Apr 2013, 01:32, edited 1 time in total.
Forever Old School.
vectra 61

Postby Laughlyn » 05 Apr 2013, 15:14

Activision are making a F&F movie tie in?!? I for one will be looking forward to this high quality game based on an upcoming movie. Activision, afterall are well known for their series of high quality tv and movie tie in games so this should easily be one of the best games of the year
Laughlyn 55

Postby Brett Sinclair » 05 Apr 2013, 17:20

If this is to the Fast and Furious universe what Survival Instinct was to the Walking Dead universe then god help us.

Maybe they should call it Need for Speed : Least Wanted.
Brett Sinclair 32

Xbox Live: Papa Kilo 75

Postby SavageEvil » 05 Apr 2013, 19:13

ChrisTypeR wrote:If it weren't for COD, Activision would have gone bankrupt years ago - they have always made substandard games even when I was a nipper with a ZX81, all Activision games were nailed together by monkey's :mrgreen:

Who there, Activision back in the SNES days churned out some pretty nice games. Vigilante 8 was a pretty ace game for a Twisted Metal clone, I owned them both and V8 was it's own beast complete with awesome visuals. Sure there were crappy games but CoD was a very good franchise following in the vein of MoH, it just got really bad when we hit this generation and MW landed after that Kotick the "Dick" got to big for his britches and started destroying development houses left right and center, forcing sequels out of games that had no business having sequels. This game looks like garbage from a generation ago, seriously that looks like early GC visuals in that first shot.
SavageEvil 51

Postby KK-Headcharge78 » 05 Apr 2013, 19:21

WOW and Skylanders??? They sure know how to make money though. This game looks complete s**t mind although I would stop short of calling them a 'cancer' as that would just be stupid :roll:

KK-Headcharge78 62

Xbox Live: Bison VS Mario
PSN ID: slypuss7881

Postby sonic_uk » 07 Apr 2013, 13:31

Laughlyn wrote:Activision are making a F&F movie tie in?!? I for one will be looking forward to this high quality game based on an upcoming movie. Activision, afterall are well known for their series of high quality tv and movie tie in games so this should easily be one of the best games of the year

Activision are s***, but not all their movie tie ins are bad - I enjoyed the Bond games this generation. Blood Stone in particular was a highlight of mine,
Own...360(Slim), Ps4, Ps3(SuperSlim), Ps2, Ps1, PsVita, XperiaPlay, Gamecube, Snes, Dreamcast, Megadrive, MegaCd 2, Saturn, Gamegear, PC

Owned...Acorn Electron, Atari 2600, Gameboy, Master System, 32x, GBA SP, Xbox, Psp, 360(Premium), Ps3(BC), Wii(BC)
sonic_uk 56