to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

GameStop CEO: Xbox 720 is a 'very hot' device

Your comments on our articles.

J. Paul Raines talks next-gen, software price hikes

GameStop CEO J. Paul Raines says the next generation Xbox will be "a very hot, compelling device."... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby BenThomasFoster » 03 Apr 2013, 06:58

it's all about the OS they have on it. share/pradiction/real name/the terrible ui really and the ps3 terrible os have really damnpented my spirit on playstation, I hope xbox do it right, i hope they have the good architecture the ps4 has shown but mixed a worthwhile os with it.

I hope very hot wasn't a little dig that it's going to be a rrod machine again
- I troll without realising it
- Don't listen to a word I say
BenThomasFoster 49

Postby Gameoholic007 » 03 Apr 2013, 07:08

Its such an awsome feeling to know that one of the main CEO's of Gamestop are in bed with one of the console manufactures of the industry, and people were asking why Gamestop employees seemed to be so bias against Sony this gen. Go figure, their CEO is a slut. :wink: I hate Gamestop, always have, always will.
Gameoholic007 55

Xbox Live: Demented7000
PSN ID: Demented007

Re: GameStop CEO: Xbox 720 is a 'very hot' device

Postby corkscru74 » 03 Apr 2013, 07:47

BenThomasFoster wrote:I hope very hot wasn't a little dig that it's going to be a rrod machine again

I've got a 360 from the launch window and never had a problem with it (well, apart from the fact it sounds like a wind-tunnel when reading from the disc :D ). Saying that, I worked in a games store at the time and saw a LOT come back. Hopefully, the fact they're not rushing to beat Sony to the punch this time means they'll have a reliable console from the get-go.

I'm really excited for the 720. As great as the graphics look on the PS4 demo-reel there was nothing major about the console that wowed me. Some of the stuff in the leaked 720 document was really exciting, groundbreaking stuff (the AR goggles especially). The fact Microsoft are comfortable to let Sony take the lead on announcements makes me wonder if they've got something really special up their sleeves. We don't have long until we find out!
corkscru74 50

Xbox Live: Corkscru74

Postby jamie1 » 03 Apr 2013, 07:54

Gameoholic007 wrote:Its such an awsome feeling to know that one of the main CEO's of Gamestop are in bed with one of the console manufactures of the industry, and people were asking why Gamestop employees seemed to be so bias against Sony this gen. Go figure, their CEO is a slut. :wink: I hate Gamestop, always have, always will.

Agreed, Gmestop is just a corporate monster, pre HMV closing i could buy a brand spanking new game for 29.99 and that was without trade-ins, now that HMV have gone in administration in Ireland im forced to buy Games at 54.99.
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
jamie1 45

Postby richomack360 » 03 Apr 2013, 07:55

Gameoholic007 wrote:Its such an awsome feeling to know that one of the main CEO's of Gamestop are in bed with one of the console manufactures of the industry, and people were asking why Gamestop employees seemed to be so bias against Sony this gen. Go figure, their CEO is a slut. :wink: I hate Gamestop, always have, always will.

I am sure if you use Google you will see various Gamestop "suits" talking up the PS4 as well.

Why does everything have to be biased?? sheesh it's tiresome.....
Twitter - @richomack360, XBL: richomack360

R.I.P. Rik Mayall - British comedy has lost an icon and a jolly nice b'stard.
richomack360 60
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: richomack360

Postby 1Nightmare1 » 03 Apr 2013, 08:47

"I think publishers, if you ask them, wouldn't mind seeing a price increase."

I think publishers want anything that will make their valets fatter. The thing is, if software sales are doing poorly for past few years, what makes them think that they will be hot especially when the new consoles come out and wipe out everyone's budget!? Don't you want it to be cheaper so that you can make a bigger profit because people will buy more games? If publishers hike their game's price up anywhere over 10 dollars, then they sure as hell better make their games win gotys.
1Nightmare1 52

Postby LiamT » 03 Apr 2013, 08:48

sure, increase the price of games and watch people not buy them. i mean stuff like tombraider is RRP £50 for 8 hours of gameplay? many games are even less.
LiamT 49

Postby Gunstar Hero » 03 Apr 2013, 08:51

Typical Sony drone, see's one comment favouring the opposition and starts playing the victim and throwing out hate words everywhere.
Gunstar Hero 15

Postby richomack360 » 03 Apr 2013, 09:14

LiamT wrote:sure, increase the price of games and watch people not buy them. i mean stuff like tombraider is RRP £50 for 8 hours of gameplay? many games are even less.

I bought Resident Evil 1 and I beat it in under 2 hours, cost me £35 at release over a decade ago ? When you consider the quality of games these days and extended playing hours, then an increase isn't entirely unjustified.

1Nightmare1 wrote:I think publishers want anything that will make their valets fatter.

Why would they want that ? Who will park their company cars if the valets are too fat to fit in the driver's seat ? :D

richomack360 60
Global Moderator

Postby flyfletch » 03 Apr 2013, 09:22

richomack360 wrote:
LiamT wrote:sure, increase the price of games and watch people not buy them. i mean stuff like tombraider is RRP £50 for 8 hours of gameplay? many games are even less.

I bought Resident Evil 1 and I beat it in under 2 hours, cost me £35 at release over a decade ago ? When you consider the quality of games these days and extended playing hours, then an increase isn't entirely unjustified.

1Nightmare1 wrote:I think publishers want anything that will make their valets fatter.

Why would they want that ? Who will park their company cars if the valets are too fat to fit in the driver's seat ? :D

lmao, you beat me to it lol RAGE!! lol :lol:
flyfletch 71

Postby speccy » 03 Apr 2013, 09:27

I hope it isn't hot. Overheating was the main cause of RRoD on the 360.

I'll get me coat.
speccy 32

Postby richomack360 » 03 Apr 2013, 09:28

flyfletch wrote: Who will park their company cars if the valets are too fat to fit in the driver's seat ? :D

lmao, you beat me to it lol RAGE!! lol :lol:

The early bird catches the worm, or in this case - a valet :D

richomack360 60
Global Moderator

Postby slamatron » 03 Apr 2013, 09:54

guess its not blocking preowned games then.
slamatron 50

Xbox Live: slamatron
PSN ID: slamatron

Postby rhyfel » 03 Apr 2013, 10:10

xbox 720 is a very hot device? not with kinect 2.0 built in it isn't.
rhyfel 37

Postby JPTiger » 03 Apr 2013, 10:28

The next xbox is going to be more of a media center application console than a core gaming console. Which is fine for those that want that, but that's not for me. I'm thinking of switching sides to sony (I have a 360).
JPTiger 42

Next