to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Darksiders 2 being pulled from Wii U eShop in Europe

Your comments on our articles.

THQ title no longer available for purchase after March 31

European Wii U owners will not be able to purchase Darksiders 2 via the eShop digital store after March 31.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Darksiders 2 being pulled from Wii U eShop in Europe

Postby fonjackerjon » 28 Mar 2013, 23:55

Not worth keeping it up due to the imminent death of the Wii U. Love you nintendo but you really, really f**ked up this time no amount of cut and paste mario or zelda titles will help you now!
fonjackerjon 37

Re: Darksiders 2 being pulled from Wii U eShop in Europe

Postby BlueScorpion91 » 29 Mar 2013, 01:06

fonjackerjon wrote:Not worth keeping it up due to the imminent death of the Wii U. Love you nintendo but you really, really f**ked up this time no amount of cut and paste mario or zelda titles will help you now!

I'll bet you it does, lol, then everyone will forget what they've said/heard and sing Nintendo's praises from the highest hilltop(read: forum).
Cheeky & Geeky since 1991 | 3DS Mii code: 2766-8673-8011(Ammy). PM me if you add me and I'll add you back. | Twitter: @BlueScorpion91
BlueScorpion91 42

PSN ID: bluscorp91
Wii Code: 3DS 2766 8673 8011
Steam: psn_bluscorp91

Postby getup2k » 29 Mar 2013, 02:46

He's right, it'll take something very special to save Nintendo. I say they ditch the U and go next gen within the next couple of years. They still have some of the best game designers in the world, but I wouldn't blame them if the hunger's gone. Why go all out for a dying console? Maybe they can keep the Wii U, but make it more affordable and aggressively target the casual market, and also bring out a next gen console. As long as they're committed to making top quality games people will still buy, so it could work. Or if that's too risky simply bring out the quality games to xbox and playstation. Though maybe bring out a nintendo pad too, cant imagine playing mario on a PS pad..

Either way something has to change because the gaming landscape is going to look very different by the end of the year, and not in a good way for nintendo...
getup2k 46

Postby nb_nmare2 » 29 Mar 2013, 10:06

getup2k wrote:He's right, it'll take something very special to save Nintendo.

Metroid Prime 4.
nb_nmare2 58

Postby goggy » 29 Mar 2013, 11:54

nb_nmare2 wrote:

Metroid Prime 4.

3d Mario, Mariokart, Smash Bros, Zelda........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwMdcESljqg - Still the greatest E3 reveal ever!!!
goggy 50

Postby Balladeer » 29 Mar 2013, 13:19

A new Ice Climbers. Come on, you know it would be great.

Utterly irrelevant to the topic at hand, mind you.
StonecoldMC wrote:The only ones who might Win E3 are the websites like CVG (who again had record traffic to the site for E3 yesterday) who will make millions out of the billions of comments made discussing who f**king won E3.

GNamer, for Nintendo talk.
Balladeer 77

Postby tassletine » 29 Mar 2013, 13:42

Yeah Nintendo are DEAD DEAD DEAD!!

Of course they're not! Anyone who thinks the WiiU is dead after 4 months, during a recession, doesn't understand the videogame market t all. Sales have already shifted up since Monster Hunter was released, and they will continue to grow as Pikmin, Pokemon, Mario, Bayonetta etc are added by the end of the year.

The assumption is that the new consoles will wipe the floor with the WiiU but there is absolutely no evidence to back this up. The same was said about Vita. There is evidence however that pursuing "always online" or cloud based strategies leads to disaster. As there is evidence that trying to expand your business during a recession is an extremely bad idea.

Who here has had an Xbox break on them? Personally, I'm not going near one of those things until a hardware revision, and the PS4 will probably be so expensive as to price it's self out of most people's budgets. An additional controller will probably cost you a huge amount. People need to start to realise that not everyone has the money to spend on these things.
tassletine 43

Postby duckingficks » 29 Mar 2013, 13:55

goggy wrote:
nb_nmare2 wrote:He's right, it'll take something very special to save Nintendo.

Metroid Prime 4.

3d Mario, Mariokart, Smash Bros, Zelda........

Just MarioKart or SSB alone would do it provided a 2013 release (MK possibly released xmas 2013, SBB no chance). 3D Mario, Zelda and Metroid will certainly help but probably won't shift as many systems. Imagine if Big N actually promoted Metroid4 properly, Western gamers would lap it up. WiiFitU might shift some units :shock: Now add into the mix some StarFox and F-Zero action and things are looking up. I buy Nintendo machines for Nintendo games, those games! COME ON Big N get a chuffing move on!
duckingficks 6
New user

Postby superfruit » 29 Mar 2013, 14:12

tassletine wrote:
The assumption is that the new consoles will wipe the floor with the WiiU but there is absolutely no evidence to back this up.

Apart from the machine specs being MASSIVELY superior and lots of news that games designers are gearing up for the next gen. Do you really think 360 and PS3 owners aren't ready for a new console? I was ready about 2 years ago. Release the PS4 and I will buy.
superfruit 48

Postby Padua » 29 Mar 2013, 14:14

nb_nmare2 wrote:

Metroid Prime 4.

Bigger. How about Bungie's Destiny? :D
Padua 62

PSN ID: ACD1306

Postby Willypiggy » 29 Mar 2013, 15:15

fonjackerjon wrote:Not worth keeping it up due to the imminent death of the Wii U. Love you nintendo but you really, really f**ked up this time no amount of cut and paste mario or zelda titles will help you now!

Just like the 3DS and Vita right? 2 years from now sales will be much better, look at what happened with the vita in Japan as soon as they cut the price. Wii U has a lot of great titles coming soon and you have to be stupid to dismiss it.
Willypiggy 47

Postby EighteenSky » 29 Mar 2013, 15:42

superfruit wrote:
tassletine wrote:
The assumption is that the new consoles will wipe the floor with the WiiU but there is absolutely no evidence to back this up.

Apart from the machine specs being MASSIVELY superior and lots of news that games designers are gearing up for the next gen. Do you really think 360 and PS3 owners aren't ready for a new console? I was ready about 2 years ago. Release the PS4 and I will buy.

Specs mean very little, no idea why people keep bringing it up. And there are plenty of great games in development for the Wii U so your other point about devs ready for the next gen is also no reason why they'll wipe the floor with the Wii U.
EighteenSky 70

Postby console_whore » 29 Mar 2013, 15:48

Erm 3DS anyone :P
console_whore 45

Xbox Live: chaosancient
PSN ID: chaosancient2

Postby Fr33Kye » 29 Mar 2013, 16:02

Jesus christ NINTENDO OWN POKEMON. DON'T f**king CRY FOR THEM.
They release ONE 3D POKEMON RPG THAT USES THE TABLET AS A POKEDEX AND just like that they are out of whatever hole people think they dug themselves into. Let's calm down everyone. Nintendo have the highest selling ip's out of all the platform holders, and while i don't know if wiiu owners will be getting something new like wii sports, wii fit, brain age, or nintendogs, nintendo are more likely than anyone to make a game that defines their console's experience in a package that appeals to the masses. We can't be sure it will happen this time, but worse case scenario they have to quit screwing around and resort to making pokemon -_-
Fr33Kye 70

Postby beemoh » 29 Mar 2013, 16:26

Any word on its continued availablility on PSN/XBL/Steam?
RIP Nintendo Gamer, we hardly knew ye. #OccupyFuturesExecTeam
beemoh 59

Next