to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Showtime: What will be revealed at the Kojima press conferen

Your comments on our articles.

Metal Gear visionary expected to reveal Phantom Pain at GDC session (6pm UK / 2pm Eastern)

The Phantom Pain's a Metal Gear game. No question.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Showtime: What will be revealed at the Kojima press conferen

Postby Michael Lynskey » 27 Mar 2013, 16:31

As great as all these new games on PS4 like Killzone 4 and Watchdogs, MGS5 will be simply the best game when it comes out!!! Hideo Kojima is just a pure genius 8)
Michael Lynskey 25

Re: Showtime: What will be revealed at the Kojima press conf

Postby benedictm » 27 Mar 2013, 16:46

Help me.

I dont get MGS at all.

I have been a gamer since NES days and - for reasons unknown - the first game i played in the Series was MGS4 on PS3

I found t very boring despite liking that style of gameplay usually. Am i missing something? Should I play a few of the older games to 'get me into it'?

Because, I really want to!
benedictm 40

Postby budge » 27 Mar 2013, 17:10

Try MGS3:Snake Eater, benedictm. It's arguably the best in the series. If you don't enjoy that game then maybe it just ain't for you.
Los Rojiblancos
budge 66

Postby sammikid » 27 Mar 2013, 17:10

benedictm wrote:Help me.

I dont get MGS at all.

I have been a gamer since NES days and - for reasons unknown - the first game i played in the Series was MGS4 on PS3

I found t very boring despite liking that style of gameplay usually. Am i missing something? Should I play a few of the older games to 'get me into it'?

MGS4 was awesome and if you haven't played the past games then yes, you are missing something. As the 4th installment is basically Snakes big Finale with Liquid, and what a finale it was.
Each game intricately ties in with one another, with all the varying characters from past games, some of which making reappearances throughout the series. In a way you build up a rapport with the main protagonist and supporting characters throughout the games.
sammikid 60

PSN ID: SammIKid

Postby Bright-Light » 27 Mar 2013, 17:12

I dont get MGS at all.

Did you get all the way through MGS4? If so, then i maybe the series just isnt for you. I still think MGS4 is my fave game this gen, i just loved everythign about it.
Bright-Light 47

Postby adgr19 » 27 Mar 2013, 17:20

phantom pain is mgs5, suprise!
adgr19 53

Postby Michael Lynskey » 27 Mar 2013, 17:38

MGS on Ps1 - one of the best games on ps1or the best
MGS2 and MGS3 - 2 of the best games on Ps2 in top 10 easily!!!!!
MGS4 - Best game on Ps4

Enough said. Every reviewer said MGS4 was a masterpiece and technically awesome!!!!! look at the reviews on ign, gamespot and gametrailers :)
Michael Lynskey 25

Postby Get Over Here » 27 Mar 2013, 17:38

I dont get MGS at all.

That's because you've played the worst in the series. I found that a little boring at the end too.

MGS3: Snake Eater is the best. MGS/Peacewalker second.
@KazHiraiCEO "Yes they are crunching, Geoff. Crunching like delicious Doritos potato chips"
Get Over Here 47

Postby Black Mantis » 27 Mar 2013, 17:48

Can't wait to see what this is all about. Whilst I hated the cut-scenes in MGS4 and those conversations with Drebin, I still think it's the best PS3 game this gen in terms of actual gameplay. I just picked up MGS3 and Peacewalker in the 360 sale, so good to hear they're the best ones, just need to find time to play them.
Black Mantis 67