to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Is Rain set to continue PSN's perfect storm?

Your comments on our articles.

The Tokyo Jungle developer talks us through its moody PS3 adventure

Sony's Rain is a game you've probably forgotten, and yet if it manages to live up to the firm's recent digital output it will surely be one of 2013's most memorable.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Is Rain set to continue PSN's perfect storm?

Postby gayrath » 26 Mar 2013, 08:22

It is games like this that are making me sway towards Sony for (at the least the beginning) of the next generation. They seem to be more on the ball and offering better quality digital download games then Microsoft.
gayrath 38

Re: Is Rain set to continue PSN's perfect storm?

Postby kiddoblivion » 26 Mar 2013, 09:23

gayrath wrote:It is games like this that are making me sway towards Sony for (at the least the beginning) of the next generation. They seem to be more on the ball and offering better quality digital download games then Microsoft.

They're TOO good. Seriously, google a list of reviews of PSN exclusive games and you'll be hard pressed to find a game that scored below 8/10 among the bunch. It's a nightmare getting to all these critically acclaimed games but luckily PS Plus helps with this as most of the games they give free are PSN exclusives. Rain will just be another title to add to the already very long list I guess.
kiddoblivion 39

Postby ChrisTypeR » 26 Mar 2013, 10:57

Looks just as good as Journey - if not better, cant wait to get this. :D
ChrisTypeR 36

Postby CatfishMurphy » 26 Mar 2013, 18:11

kiddoblivion wrote:
gayrath wrote:It is games like this that are making me sway towards Sony for (at the least the beginning) of the next generation. They seem to be more on the ball and offering better quality digital download games then Microsoft.

They're TOO good. Seriously, google a list of reviews of PSN exclusive games and you'll be hard pressed to find a game that scored below 8/10 among the bunch. It's a nightmare getting to all these critically acclaimed games but luckily PS Plus helps with this as most of the games they give free are PSN exclusives. Rain will just be another title to add to the already very long list I guess.

Could you recommend some since I seem to have missed out on some and the storefront on PSN is f**king nightmare to navigate for stuff like this? I currently have Journey, Flower and Machinarium (though that isn't a exclusive).
CatfishMurphy 38

Postby sammikid » 26 Mar 2013, 21:11

CatfishMurphy wrote:
kiddoblivion wrote:

Could you recommend some since I seem to have missed out on some and the storefront on PSN is f**king nightmare to navigate for stuff like this? I currently have Journey, Flower and Machinarium (though that isn't a exclusive).

There is a section in the store for top PSN/most popular titles.
I would recommend on top of what you have said:

Papo & Yo
Tokyo Jungle
Sound & Shapes
PixelJunk Monsters
Mushroom wars
Dead Nation
Unfinished Swan
Closure
Okami HD (supposed to be good, haven't played it but waiting for PS+ update)
Infamous: Festival of blood (its a standalone game you don't need infamous 2 to play it)
Quantum Conundrum
The last guy
Rag doll Kung-fu (is hilarious for MP)

Theres loads, depends what you're after. Best just to google it

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/02/28/i ... mes?page=5
sammikid 60

PSN ID: SammIKid

Postby CatfishMurphy » 27 Mar 2013, 17:43

sammikid wrote:
CatfishMurphy wrote:

There is a section in the store for top PSN/most popular titles.
I would recommend on top of what you have said:

Papo & Yo
Tokyo Jungle
Sound & Shapes
PixelJunk Monsters
Mushroom wars
Dead Nation
Unfinished Swan
Closure
Okami HD (supposed to be good, haven't played it but waiting for PS+ update)
Infamous: Festival of blood (its a standalone game you don't need infamous 2 to play it)
Quantum Conundrum
The last guy
Rag doll Kung-fu (is hilarious for MP)

Theres loads, depends what you're after. Best just to google it

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/02/28/i ... mes?page=5

Thanks for that. Okami HD is the real stand out there, but I already have it on the Wii and don't own Move so it's probably not worth the purchase (you're in for a treat next month btw). Gave Unfinished Swan demo a go since I thought it looked great at E3, but I just found it incredibly tedious; nice idea in theory, but just throwing paint over something doesn't automatically make it more interesting. Pixeljunk is on sale so will definitely give that a try and Closure seems quite interesting.

I enjoy games like this far more than triple A games mostly and they were the primary reason for me to re-invest in a new PS3.
CatfishMurphy 38