to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Battlefield 4 beta will reportedly be open to BF3 Premium su

Your comments on our articles.

DICE to offer access to the upcoming shooter this autumn

The Battlefield 4 beta will reportedly be open to Battlefield 3 Premium members.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby richomack360 » 25 Mar 2013, 11:18

They are opening the beta up to others because they could not get great feedback from the four people that pre-ordered MOH Warfarter. :D

Makes sense, but I won't be buying this game. I have done the FPS modern shooter thing to death now.
Fanboys of CVG Forums. This is the law. Disperse immediately, or we will use lethal force to clear the area. You have been warned. You now have 20 posts to comply.
richomack360 60
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: richomack360
Steam: richomack360

Re: Battlefield 4 beta will reportedly be open to BF3 Premiu

Postby cupoftea » 25 Mar 2013, 11:21

First post = true
cupoftea 36

Postby patiotom » 25 Mar 2013, 11:24

Battlefield 3 beta released to everybody, Battlefield 4 beta only open to those who have paid £80 for Battlefield 3. Typical EA marketing genius working over time again!!! And this after the flop of their last FPS Medal of Honour you would have thought the more in on the Beta would be working in their favour rather than discriminating against 50-60% of the BF3 crowd!!!
patiotom 34

Postby ingy » 25 Mar 2013, 11:28

patiotom wrote:Battlefield 3 beta released to everybody, Battlefield 4 beta only open to those who have paid £80 for Battlefield 3. Typical EA marketing genius working over time again!!! And this after the flop of their last FPS Medal of Honour you would have thought the more in on the Beta would be working in their favour rather than discriminating against 50-60% of the BF3 crowd!!!

Oh bugger, i wish i had paid £80 for the chance to play the beta,... oh well at least the beta will ensure the servers will be free of any major problems on release, :wink:
ingy 64

Postby style65 » 25 Mar 2013, 11:53

"We feel this is a place we can be and continue with the series. Battlefield 4 can live in this space and be very successful."

Isn't that what they said about Medal Of Honor?
style65 42

Postby runadumb » 25 Mar 2013, 12:10

The Origin sale ends tomorrow. I'm still on the fence whether to buy the premium pack or not. I hadn't touched BF3 in a year until last night and after getting to grips with it again it is a bloody good game. All the new maps should make it worth the extra £20 as well. Even though I'm used to map packs being free! :evil:

Getting into the BF4 beta is a nice addition but come on, they should really open that to everyone.

Ahhhhhh, will I? Won't I?

Anyone here played the new maps (except close combat because, well f**k close combat)?
runadumb 62

Postby EvilWaterman » 25 Mar 2013, 12:41

runadumb wrote:The Origin sale ends tomorrow. I'm still on the fence whether to buy the premium pack or not. I hadn't touched BF3 in a year until last night and after getting to grips with it again it is a bloody good game. All the new maps should make it worth the extra £20 as well. Even though I'm used to map packs being free! :evil:

Getting into the BF4 beta is a nice addition but come on, they should really open that to everyone.

Ahhhhhh, will I? Won't I?

Anyone here played the new maps (except close combat because, well f**k close combat)?

In all honesty, for me, premium has been a good purchase.
PSN: EvilWaterman
www.playstationcrowd.com
www.oldnrubbish.co.uk
Chuck Norris Approved
EvilWaterman 54

PSN ID: EvilWaterman

Postby JD_Method » 25 Mar 2013, 15:24

Surely, it just means exclusive EARLY access, same with Battlefield 3. If you pre-ordered Medal of Honor, you got early access to the BF3 beta, but was open to everyone at a later date.

I assume the case would be similar here?
JD_Method 58

Postby Fever » 25 Mar 2013, 21:22

ingy wrote:
patiotom wrote:Battlefield 3 beta released to everybody, Battlefield 4 beta only open to those who have paid £80 for Battlefield 3. Typical EA marketing genius working over time again!!! And this after the flop of their last FPS Medal of Honour you would have thought the more in on the Beta would be working in their favour rather than discriminating against 50-60% of the BF3 crowd!!!

Oh bugger, i wish i had paid £80 for the chance to play the beta,... oh well at least the beta will ensure the servers will be free of any major problems on release, :wink:

I paid £20 yesterday ;) and get 5 dlc packs + a beta, happy days!
Fever 33

Postby Cogglesz » 25 Mar 2013, 21:59

I doubt i'll be going to get BF4 near release as i've still to finish BF3 but i'll be happy to try it out in the beta, to be honest i got it pretty cheap too, cd key for £12 a week or two after release and premium was on sale for £20 back last year at some point, came with all the dlc so i thought why not? so that was £32 for BF3 and all its dlc and a beta for BF4, EA can be and are pretty terrible with pricing but if you shop about and compare (atleast on pc) you can get yourself a good deal.
http://i.imgur.com/ShWjhnH.png
Cogglesz 59

PSN ID: Cogglesz
Steam: Cogglesz
Battle.net: TheCogglesz#2186
xFire: Cogglesz