Ask CVG Anything: Does innovation ruin franchises?

Your comments on our articles.

Plus: Online achievements, Nintendo negativity on forums

Ask CVG Anything does exactly what it says on the tin. We ask followers on the CVG Facebook page and forums to send in their best game-related questions, and as long as they're legally sound we do our best to answer them.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby richomack360 » 23 Mar 2013, 19:15

Which actor / actress would you like to see giving their voice to an on screen character, and what type of character should they play?
Fanboys of CVG Forums. This is the law. Disperse immediately, or we will use lethal force to clear the area. You have been warned. You now have 20 posts to comply.
richomack360 60
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: richomack360
Steam: richomack360

Postby Barry316 » 23 Mar 2013, 19:19

Gareth Barry asking for an internship? I know Man City aren't doing great this season but that's still a pretty big drop fella!
Here's a lockpick, now jog on.
Barry316 67

Re: Ask CVG Anything: Does innovation ruin franchises?

Postby beemoh » 23 Mar 2013, 20:15

Clearly none of the CVG staff have played the Bullseye game on those itbox machines you see in pubs.
RIP Nintendo Gamer, we hardly knew ye. #OccupyFuturesExecTeam
beemoh 60

Postby budge » 23 Mar 2013, 20:48

I used to love psycho Fox back in the day. Quality. :)
Los Rojiblancos
budge 67

Postby Onomatopoeia » 23 Mar 2013, 21:12

Innovation is a great risk, Thief 3 was the weakest in the series (besides this new one that's coming) because of the risks it took. The thing that's ruining franchises now is pandering for a wider audience.

I made a thread about it: http://forums.computerandvideogames.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=147656
Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/Ono_Reviews
Check out my blog on the industry and game reviews:http://www.onoreviews.tumblr.com
Onomatopoeia 32

Postby DAEDALUS79 » 23 Mar 2013, 22:01

Onomatopoeia wrote:Innovation is a great risk, Thief 3 was the weakest in the series (besides this new one that's coming) because of the risks it took. The thing that's ruining franchises now is pandering for a wider audience.

I made a thread about it: http://forums.computerandvideogames.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=147656

Casually ignoring the fact that the Thief series was an immensely innovative idea to begin with, and without companies trying to be innovative would never have existed at all.
PC gamers are isolated social degenerate peados -Reegee
DAEDALUS79 75

Xbox Live: Daedy79
PSN ID: macby19
Wii Code: WiiU________Daedy79

Postby Onomatopoeia » 23 Mar 2013, 22:15

DAEDALUS79 wrote:
Onomatopoeia wrote:Innovation is a great risk, Thief 3 was the weakest in the series (besides this new one that's coming) because of the risks it took. The thing that's ruining franchises now is pandering for a wider audience.

Casually ignoring the fact that the Thief series was an immensely innovative idea to begin with, and without companies trying to be innovative would never have existed at all.

I never said Innovation is a bad thing I said it was a great risk.
Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/Ono_Reviews
Check out my blog on the industry and game reviews:http://www.onoreviews.tumblr.com
Onomatopoeia 32

Postby gmcb007 » 23 Mar 2013, 22:21

Would you consider yourselves avid collectors of your games or do you regularly trade them in for newer titles?

Say you had to spend a month isolated on an island and you could only bring one game, what would it be?

Any memorial insults you've recieved while playing online?
EA Sports: It's in the game(for a price).
gmcb007 63

Xbox Live: PM me if you want it

Postby Barry316 » 23 Mar 2013, 22:29

They've had that island question already, back when this first started. And not one of them questioned how the island had electricity!
Here's a lockpick, now jog on.
Barry316 67

Postby richomack360 » 23 Mar 2013, 22:36

Barry316 wrote:They've had that island question already, back when this first started. And not one of them questioned how the island had electricity!

Canvey Island sometimes does !

gmcb007 wrote:
Any memorial insults you've recieved while playing online?

Halo 2. MP > Ascension

American Kid: "That banshee is minnnnnnnnnnnne!!!"
Me: " Nah mate, I got there first" (takes off in the banshee)
American Kid: "F***k you, why don't you go r**e your king and eat a scone!!!!"
Me: *launches directly at the child and knocks him off the map. He then rage quits.

Job done.
Last edited by richomack360 on 23 Mar 2013, 23:09, edited 1 time in total.
Fanboys of CVG Forums. This is the law. Disperse immediately, or we will use lethal force to clear the area. You have been warned. You now have 20 posts to comply.
richomack360 60
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: richomack360
Steam: richomack360

Postby turricantg » 23 Mar 2013, 22:49

Do you think the Wii U is a big smelly pile of donkey dung?

And do you think it will be a flop?
turricantg 23

Xbox Live: wigla

Postby stealth » 24 Mar 2013, 03:00

That nintendo question and answer session was ridiculous.

Yes, wii u is having a hard time. So did every console in the history of gaming not named wii. So when you compare it to that sure. Thats not telling it straight though. Telling it straight is not being sensationalistic which this site does. So basically I learned nothing from the editors there. :roll:

Its also funny this site thinks it practices journalism
stealth 47

Postby Bambis Dad » 24 Mar 2013, 03:54

Considering they get to choose which questions you choose to answer, do you think this serves a purpose? You avoided TerrorK's question as the only honest answer is journalistic integrity means sod all in the gaming industry. You can't honestly say your articles are vetted for bias unless after each one you take the headline writer out and skull f**k him. This is pathetic as I know I can't succeed but I will ask how you sleep comfortably at night?
Childhood pictures redeem, clean and so serene
See myself without ruining lines
Whole days throwing sticks into streams

I have crawled so far sideways
I recognise dim traces of creation
Bambis Dad 52

Postby stealth » 24 Mar 2013, 04:02

Bambis Dad wrote:Considering they get to choose which questions you choose to answer, do you think this serves a purpose? You avoided TerrorK's question as the only honest answer is journalistic integrity means sod all in the gaming industry. You can't honestly say your articles are vetted for bias unless after each one you take the headline writer out and skull f**k him. This is pathetic as I know I can't succeed but I will ask how you sleep comfortably at night?

Considering just last week they had to change multiple bias, and false and vague headlines, Journalism? lol They pick and choose what questions to answer, what to say, in order to VALIDATE, what they do? come on.

Pachter who I disagree with follows me on twitter and we chat ( who hasnt said many a kind thing to nintendo) . Same with jeremy parish, shoe from egm and many others in the industry who I have lively debates with. Yet rob blocked me almost immediately for complimenting him? yeah that is showing respect to your readers and people with different opinions. lol. They talk a big game. But thats all it is.

Id rather here bambi's dad take on issues, at least he isnt a two face

( This is my super honest reaction to this weeks piece. Nothing but my raw feeling on the matter)
stealth 47

Postby Bambis Dad » 24 Mar 2013, 04:24

stealth wrote:
Bambis Dad wrote:Considering they get to choose which questions you choose to answer, do you think this serves a purpose? You avoided TerrorK's question as the only honest answer is journalistic integrity means sod all in the gaming industry. You can't honestly say your articles are vetted for bias unless after each one you take the headline writer out and skull f**k him. This is pathetic as I know I can't succeed but I will ask how you sleep comfortably at night?

Considering just last week they had to change multiple bias, and false and vague headlines, Journalism? lol They pick and choose what questions to answer, what to say, in order to VALIDATE, what they do? come on.

Stealth I'm just here to give them feed back. The fact that the masses entertain this as interaction and not PR is just what is wrong with these c**ts, sorry, t**ts. TerrorK's question didn't just call into question the CnVG's staff integrity but that of all journalists. They can't even evoke the it's just banter because the c**ts, sorry, t**ts will pull rank when it suits.

REMOVED
Childhood pictures redeem, clean and so serene
See myself without ruining lines
Whole days throwing sticks into streams

I have crawled so far sideways
I recognise dim traces of creation
Bambis Dad 52

Next