Eidos details Deus Ex: HR Director's Cut 'overhauled' boss c

Your comments on our articles.

Redesigned level layouts, improved AI, multiple ways to win

The bosses in the new Wii U-bound Director's Cut edition of Deus Ex: Human Revolution are "now as they should have been," game designer Emile Pedneault has said.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Eidos details Deus Ex: HR Director's Cut 'overhauled' boss c

Postby TheCrimsonFenix » 22 Mar 2013, 23:02

Like I said in the other article thread about this, the complaints with the bosses weren't just with how you dealt with them. It was also the outcome of the battles which was usually a pre-done video cutscene cheaply having Jensen permanently killing them. My intrigue in this version's boss battles just went down majorly with this confirmation. What use is stealthily moving around the boss section when the game zips from gameplay to cutscene with the boss forcefully dying instead of being left to survive for a later time like the original games? I can't really expect that though seeing as this is more of an altered port of an existing title rather than a vast improvement and redesign.
Hatspank

Has the hots for: Several friends, that quiet brunette down the street, Kai from Heavenly Sword, sonic_uk, Multiplayerking, Doug, and probably your sister and/or mother.
TheCrimsonFenix 70

PSN ID: Crimson-Phoenixx

Re: Eidos details Deus Ex: HR Director's Cut 'overhauled' bo

Postby karkify » 22 Mar 2013, 23:10

TheCrimsonFenix wrote:Like I said in the other article thread about this, the complaints with the bosses weren't just with how you dealt with them. It was also the outcome of the battles which was usually a pre-done video cutscene cheaply having Jensen permanently killing them. My intrigue in this version's boss battles just went down majorly with this confirmation. What use is stealthily moving around the boss section when the game zips from gameplay to cutscene with the boss forcefully dying instead of being left to survive for a later time like the original games?

I think he's said many times now; it would require changing up the story, making new scenes, changing the game entirely. On the plus side, this shows they have learned from their mistakes, and its highly likely this will be rectified in further sequels.
karkify 50

Postby lothlorn » 23 Mar 2013, 00:37

I hope these changes will come to the other versions also by way of a patch, otherwise I am going to be very disappointed in square for not sorting out such a major issue with the game.
lothlorn 48

Postby Imaduck » 23 Mar 2013, 03:46

^
Imaduck 58

Postby billysastard » 23 Mar 2013, 15:08

lothlorn wrote:I hope these changes will come to the other versions also by way of a patch, otherwise I am going to be very disappointed in square for not sorting out such a major issue with the game.

since money talks i'd imagine that a directors cut version would be ported to pc and the last gen systems as a way of getting more cash (like with ninja gaiden 3 razors edge) rather than fixing the 2 year old original.

billysastard 63

Xbox Live: ImpaledGryphon
PSN ID: Impaled-Gryphon
Wii Code: wiiu-ImpaledGryphon
Steam: ImpaledGryphon

Postby Funkymonk » 23 Mar 2013, 16:11

Nice to see a company not only listening to fan feedback but acting on it too.
Shame such a major issue was there in the first place though in what was otherwise one of my favourite games this gen.....
Funkymonk 31

Postby kiddoblivion » 25 Mar 2013, 08:35

Can't exactly remember but didn't the villains all explode after being defeated just like the bosses in MGS3?

With that said, DE:HR was easily one of the best gaming experiences I've had this generation. The prospect of getting a sequel that is a refined and improved version of Human Revolution makes me weak in the knees (before anyone says anything, I'm talking about the inevitable PS4/Durango-based sequel not this Pee-U port).
kiddoblivion 41