to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Another Battlefield 4 teaser video shows tank deployment

Your comments on our articles.

EA hypes FPS sequel ahead of its San Francisco reveal

EA is poised to reveal Battlefield 4 at an event next week, but until then it continues to drip-feed eager fans with brief teaser videos, such as this new one below.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Another Battlefield 4 teaser video shows tank deployment

Postby 1Nightmare1 » 21 Mar 2013, 23:12

I'm hoping that this means that the next Battlefield will focus more on vehicular combat. That means I want to see more artillery (howitzers and rocket), AC-130s, destroyers, bombers would be nice too, more transportational choppers, etc. More Vehicles!
1Nightmare1 52

Re: Another Battlefield 4 teaser video shows tank deployment

Postby Onomatopoeia » 21 Mar 2013, 23:14

Battlefield 3 is s**t, I don't see this being any better.
Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/Ono_Reviews
Check out my blog on the industry and game reviews:http://www.onoreviews.tumblr.com
Onomatopoeia 32

Postby IbanezLewis » 22 Mar 2013, 00:43

Onomatopoeia wrote:Battlefield 3 is s**t, I don't see this being any better.
Douchebag.
IbanezLewis 56

Postby Onomatopoeia » 22 Mar 2013, 00:46

IbanezLewis wrote:
Douchebag.

What?
Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/Ono_Reviews
Check out my blog on the industry and game reviews:http://www.onoreviews.tumblr.com
Onomatopoeia 32

Postby HelloLadies » 22 Mar 2013, 02:39

I'll be very surprised if this doesn't look like Battlefield 3 with a bit of paint splashed around.
HelloLadies 50

Postby Df3nce » 22 Mar 2013, 08:35

BF3 is THE best fps multiplayer out right now on both consoles and pc :D can't wait for the 26
Df3nce 5
New user

Postby CatfishMurphy » 22 Mar 2013, 09:19

Df3nce wrote:BF3 is THE best fps multiplayer out right now on both consoles and pc :D can't wait for the 26

On the PC, maybe, but certainly not on consoles where it is pretty deficient (Halo 4 outperforms BF3 in every department on Xbox, and that's even with 343's slightly cack handed approach). Anyway, the whole BF3 thing was ruined by rent a server which basically turned the whole of the experience into one big festival of c**ts.
CatfishMurphy 38

Postby ingy » 22 Mar 2013, 10:24

Df3nce wrote:BF3 is THE best fps multiplayer out right now on both consoles and pc :D can't wait for the 26

It's just a shame BF3 is such a step down from Bad Co 2, vastly reduced destruction, ridiculous lens flare and washed out colour palette's, not to mention the COD style gimmicks like torches and lasers, and the class system that is so watered down it doesn't really matter anymore.
ingy 64

Postby STEVONYMO » 22 Mar 2013, 10:46

Don't be a tool! Battlefield 3 is a lot of things but s**t isn't one of them. I grant you the console version isn't great but they did the best they could with existing tech. Now the PC version on a powerful PC with a 24 inch screen is simply breath taking. Get a decent rig my man and quick!
STEVONYMO 39

Postby cupoftea » 22 Mar 2013, 10:51

Bf3 was good at first then it started to get real s**tty quick bf4 will be the same . Copy paste just change the number also in each map you will see a bunch of crates every where. Call me a deuchbag all you want this is going to suck
cupoftea 36

Postby KK-Headcharge78 » 22 Mar 2013, 11:15

Nice to see the anti COD crowd have finally slithered over to the BF party, where you been guys we've been enjoying this game far too long without your witty and oh-so accurate ramblings....

KK-Headcharge78 62

Xbox Live: Bison VS Mario
PSN ID: slypuss7881
Steam: slypuss7881

Postby ingy » 22 Mar 2013, 11:36

KK-Headcharge78 wrote:Nice to see the anti COD crowd have finally slithered over to the BF party, where you been guys we've been enjoying this game far too long without your witty and oh-so accurate ramblings....

I think you'll find the COD crowd are coming over to battlefield because they now share a lot of qualities, the game is getting faster, less tactical, more and more skill trees which place the emphasis on selfish play rather than teamwork, less and less level destruction and more gimmicks,.....still for me the better game, but i haven't enjoyed BF3 anywhere near as much as the previous games.
ingy 64

Postby illage2 » 22 Mar 2013, 11:43

Battlefield 4 in a nutshell:

Micro-transactions, Online pass, Always on DRM, Free to play MMO crap, Overpriced DLC.

Anything that I am missing EA... oh yeah and it will be full of bugs on launch, servers will be full so no one can play it, Unfair bans if you speak out against EA's business practises, A crappy tacked on campaign with no story to it what so ever;...

Anything more I need to add?

One thing that kinda had me confused with BF3 was that EA allowed you to rent severs giving you the power to kick/ban people from ranked online matches, yet doing that is against EA's ToS, yet EA gives people the ability to breach their own ToS? Makes no sense.
ImageImage
illage2 54

Xbox Live: illage4
PSN ID: illage2
Steam: illage2
xFire: illage2

Postby CatfishMurphy » 22 Mar 2013, 12:36

KK-Headcharge78 wrote:Nice to see the anti COD crowd have finally slithered over to the BF party, where you been guys we've been enjoying this game far too long without your witty and oh-so accurate ramblings....

Apart from the people who just write it off as brown toilet fish, I have to say a lot of the criticisms in this thread are pretty spot on.

I started playing BF3 early last year, a few weeks before rent a server came in, and whilst it was far from perfect, it was quite enjoyable. But once people started renting their own servers, the public servers became sparsely populated and unless you had a full team going onto a rented server, you were just lambs to slaughter and fodder for the renters of the server to level up on. Also, I don't have a PC powerful enough to handle it and on consoles the player population of the maps is far too low for their size. On the PC, it's a different beast but it still had the same problems inflicted on it by EA's greedy rent a server scheme.

Basically, it's a solid enough game (a little lacking in imagination and humour for my liking, but that's just preference) but it has been abused quite a lot by it's parent company and, much like Skyrim on the PS3, it really has no business being on consoles in such a deficient form.
CatfishMurphy 38

Postby MRHONGKONGDAVE » 22 Mar 2013, 13:32

STEVONYMO wrote:

Don't be a tool! Battlefield 3 is a lot of things but s**t isn't one of them. I grant you the console version isn't great but they did the best they could with existing tech. Now the PC version on a powerful PC with a 24 inch screen is simply breath taking. Get a decent rig my man and quick!

This! And every compliment going!

The company needed a new rig when this was due out so spent a hefty £3k; including a gtx 590, a 10 bit Hazro 27" monitor and a load of cyborg accessories. Just about to finally stick the 690 in.

BF3 is without doubt the best FPS ever made. F**K COD killstreak rewards; I am the killstreak! Can't hide in your building bro cuz my gunship is about to flatten it!!! :twisted:

COD is fun to play but I get annoyed with RPG proof tin sheds and walls.
MRHONGKONGDAVE 35

Xbox Live: MRHONGKONGDAVE
PSN ID: MRHONGKONGDAVE
Steam: MRHONGKONGDAVE
Battle.net: MRHONGKONGDAVE (origin)

Next