to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Luigi's Mansion 2 review: Poltergeist-hoovering sequel is ut

Your comments on our articles.

3DS is the perfect home for leaner, greener brother

One of the complaints levelled at Luigi's GameCube-shifting original, back in 2002, was that it was simply too short. Weighing in at a little under four hours, Luigi's Mansion was a lean distraction as early adopters awaited the full-fat Super Mario Sunshine that appeared later that year.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Luigi's Mansion 2 review: Poltergeist-hoovering sequel is ut

Postby Balladeer » 21 Mar 2013, 18:19

Good game, well-written review, happy Balladeer. Thanks Matt! You should have written for NGamer in its heyday... :(
Balladeer 78

Re: Luigi's Mansion 2 review: Poltergeist-hoovering sequel i

Postby razors edge » 21 Mar 2013, 18:28

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

I am also very happy!
razors edge 43

Postby OfWolfAndBiggs » 21 Mar 2013, 18:47

Too many games coming out not enough time!

What are the controls like? Bit worried considering the 3ds only has one analogue thingy. I loved the original, massively tempted to get it.
OfWolfAndBiggs 48

Xbox Live: OfWolfAndBiggs

Postby Balladeer » 21 Mar 2013, 18:49

OfWolfAndBiggs wrote:What are the controls like? Bit worried considering the 3ds only has one analogue thingy. I loved the original, massively tempted to get it.

The preview wasn't overly complementary, but given that the review doesn't mention them at all I'm guessing that they're sufficient with practice? Am I right, site staff?
Balladeer 78

Postby Chris Scullion » 21 Mar 2013, 19:10

OfWolfAndBiggs wrote:Too many games coming out not enough time!

What are the controls like? Bit worried considering the 3ds only has one analogue thingy. I loved the original, massively tempted to get it.

They aren't worse, they're just different. The game's put together in such a way that two sticks aren't necessary. Don't worry, it plays completely fine.
Chris Scullion
CVG Staff

Xbox Live: Scully1888
PSN ID: Scully1888

Postby tanukilou » 21 Mar 2013, 19:44

This game was actually a factor in me getting a 3DS, i'll be picking this up soon.
tanukilou 47

Postby KK-Headcharge78 » 21 Mar 2013, 20:08

What Ninty do best, good work!

KK-Headcharge78 63

Xbox Live: FragHappyChappy
PSN ID: slypuss7881
Steam: slypuss7881

Postby El Mag » 21 Mar 2013, 20:47

I'll be coming for the game but staying for the stress relief ball.

That sounds quite filthy, but will make some sense to anybody that's ordered it from Game. Probably.
Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
El Mag 68

Xbox Live: El Maggio
PSN ID: ElMagnifico83

Postby tanukilou » 21 Mar 2013, 22:06

El Mag wrote:I'll be coming for the game but staying for the stress relief ball.

That sounds quite filthy, but will make some sense to anybody that's ordered it from Game. Probably.

Haha what? You get a free stress ball with a pre-order then?
tanukilou 47

Postby Cazy008 » 21 Mar 2013, 22:18

:D Pre-order now! :D
Cazy008 50

Xbox Live: caz7595
PSN ID: Cazy008

Postby Tomuki » 21 Mar 2013, 22:36

I might have get in some practise on the first one before my copy arrives, let's see...
7 days... I think I can complete the first one about... 10 times, at least, before LM2 turns up. :mrgreen:
Tomuki 45

PSN ID: Ayuhtnis88

Postby alan666 » 21 Mar 2013, 22:46

OfWolfAndBiggs wrote:Too many games coming out not enough time!

"Too many games" what on the 3DS ? you are joking !
used to own - NES, Atari ST, Amiga 500, Mega Drive, SNK Neo Geo, SNES, Saturn, N64, PS2, GameCube, Alienware Aurora.
currently own - PS1, Xbox, Xbox360 + Kinect, Wii, PS3 + MOVE, 3DS, Games PC, Wii U.
alan666 55

Xbox Live: B1G A1AN
Steam: full_life_666
Battle.net: Origin + full_life_666
xFire: 3DS + 0087-2285-0027

Postby Balladeer » 21 Mar 2013, 22:52

Oh goodness. Not even a killer app. can make you say something positive about Nintendo, can it Alan?

You know what saddens me? When I publish this comment, then this article about a good Nintendo thing, about a game, will have 13 comments, of which three are mine. This article about a bad Nintendo thing, about something shop-owners think, currently has 59. Where are all the naysayers when something good happens, eh?

To be fair, this isn't a Nintendo-specific thing: the Colonial Marines thread swelled to proportions as grotesque as that one chap's abdomen just before the xenomorph birth. I think it's just the human condition. Not so deep down, people rejoice more in a bad thing than a good one, preferring knells to wedding chimes if you like (and if you don't, shut up, I like the metaphor(?) so I'm using it). And isn't that just a little bit depressing? :(
Balladeer 78

Postby richomack360 » 21 Mar 2013, 22:58

Will purchase this and Fire Emblem methinks !
Fanboys of CVG Forums. This is the law. Disperse immediately, or we will use lethal force to clear the area. You have been warned. You now have 20 posts to comply.
richomack360 60
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: richomack360
Steam: richomack360

Postby toaplan » 21 Mar 2013, 23:20

Balladeer wrote:I think it's just the human condition. Not so deep down, people rejoice more in a bad thing than a good one, preferring knells to wedding chimes if you like (and if you don't, shut up, I like the metaphor(?) so I'm using it). And isn't that just a little bit depressing? :(

Sounds not so much the human condition, but rather the Ninty fan's slightly martyr-like condition - just not noticing the positive things people say about games on other systems (and sometimes on Nintendo systems).

As for Luigi 2, to me it's the most appealing game on the 3DS since Mario3DLand. Martinet's entertainingly silly voice work should be one of the highlights and stereoscopic 3D should fit this game like a glove.
toaplan 74

Next