to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Nintendo lifts 18+ rated eShop game restrictions

Your comments on our articles.

Customers can now browse and buy content at any time of day

Nintendo has lifted restrictions on accessing and purchasing 18+ rated game content on the Wii U eShop.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Nintendo lifts 18+ rated eShop game restrictions

Postby Mr Manipulation » 21 Mar 2013, 16:45

Only Nintendo would implement such a stupid idea in the first place.
Mr Manipulation 12

Re: Nintendo lifts 18+ rated eShop game restrictions

Postby runadumb » 21 Mar 2013, 16:58

Mr Manipulation wrote:Only Nintendo would implement such a stupid idea in the first place.

It was a German law they had to abide by as their main European Headquarters is in Germany. It looks like it just took time for them to prove to the regulation bodies that they were doing a good job and that the restriction was unnecessary.
runadumb 61

Postby DiamondDogs » 21 Mar 2013, 16:58

Mr Manipulation wrote:Only Nintendo would implement such a stupid idea in the first place.

Their HQ is based in Germany, so they complied with German law. You're an ignorant fool.
DiamondDogs 61

Postby SuperCinos » 21 Mar 2013, 17:00

They did it to appease the German government.

If you read the article it even says why they are able to lift it now (German body now happy with parental controls).

Lets not make this into a "Lol stupid Nintendo" article please.
SuperCinos 53

Postby Samurai-Don » 21 Mar 2013, 17:03

It had nothing to with Nintendo and more to do with Nintendo being based in Germany, thus they had to follow German laws.

I would strongly suggest that you actually do some research before sprouting nonsense statement, that way you don't end up looking like a fool when they backfire in your face. Sadly you had to find this out the hard way.
Samurai-Don 21

Postby sammikid » 21 Mar 2013, 17:14

Ok guys I think he understands now it was Zee Germans fault. Anyone else feel the need to explain?
sammikid 60

PSN ID: SammIKid

Postby Balladeer » 21 Mar 2013, 17:18

Hey guyz, did you know this was because Nintendo have their European HQ based in... Awww. :(
StonecoldMC wrote:The only ones who might Win E3 are the websites like CVG (who again had record traffic to the site for E3 yesterday) who will make millions out of the billions of comments made discussing who f**king won E3.

GNamer, for Nintendo talk.
Balladeer 77

Postby Mr Manipulation » 21 Mar 2013, 17:46

I understand that they were only abiding by German law, I am not illiterate. Does every statement made on these forums have to be clarified to avoid fanboy rage? They should not base their headquarters in a country with restrictive laws regarding interactive entertainment. Someone at Nintendo should have anticipated such an event occurring.
Mr Manipulation 12

Postby Balladeer » 21 Mar 2013, 17:48

Mr Manipulation wrote:I understand that they were only abiding by German law, I am not illiterate. Does every statement made on these forums have to be clarified to avoid fanboy rage?

You may not be. Unfortunately, this is CVG. It's not an awful initial assumption.

I'd clarify your posts by putting "I am intelligent" in each one until you make a name for yourself. Unfortunately, this is only half-sarcastic. The Internet, eh? Tchah!
StonecoldMC wrote:The only ones who might Win E3 are the websites like CVG (who again had record traffic to the site for E3 yesterday) who will make millions out of the billions of comments made discussing who f**king won E3.

Balladeer 77

Postby FishyGinger » 21 Mar 2013, 17:51

I heard somewhere it was because something something Germany.
Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
FishyGinger 69

Postby richomack360 » 21 Mar 2013, 17:58

FishyGinger wrote:I heard somewhere it was because something something Germany.

Some sort of sausage or inappropriate oompah band ?
Twitter - @richomack360, XBL: richomack360

R.I.P. Rik Mayall - British comedy has lost an icon and a jolly nice b'stard.
richomack360 60
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: richomack360

Postby geardley » 21 Mar 2013, 18:30

the last time we let germans run things look what happened!!!!!(and before anyone gets on their high horse i married one so im entitled to slag em off lol)
We are premier league.
geardley 54

Postby Balladeer » 21 Mar 2013, 18:31

Come on, Geardley. You're just asking for a joke involving sausage-sucking to be made at your wife's expense! Dunno what you were expecting - sophistication? :P

Balladeer 77

Postby geardley » 21 Mar 2013, 18:38

Balladeer wrote:Come on, Geardley. You're just asking for a joke involving sausage-sucking to be made at your wife's expense! Dunno what you were expecting - sophistication? :P

lucky my wife doesnt come on here so fire away lol
We are premier league.
geardley 54

Postby SuperCinos » 21 Mar 2013, 20:07

Mr Manipulation wrote:I understand that they were only abiding by German law, I am not illiterate. Does every statement made on these forums have to be clarified to avoid fanboy rage? They should not base their headquarters in a country with restrictive laws regarding interactive entertainment. Someone at Nintendo should have anticipated such an event occurring.

Of course! It's so simple. :p

And to those commenting about the number of replies to Mr Manipulations ill informed comment, notice the time difference? A couple of minutes, about the time taken to write a reply when his was the only comment in the thread. :p
SuperCinos 53

Next