to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Beyond: Two Souls - first hands-on preview goes live with fr

Your comments on our articles.

All the latest info on Quantic Dream's upcoming PS3 exclusive

Sony has released a fresh trailer and batch of screens for Beyond: Two Souls to coincide with new previews of the game.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby S-Smith » 21 Mar 2013, 16:12

WOW WOW WOW:P That fire effect near the end looks amazing:P & it looks like no other game to which is cool, i can't wait:P Another brilliant PS3 Exclusive incoming for 2013 then...
S-Smith 41

Postby sammikid » 21 Mar 2013, 16:21

wow, i'm liking the look of this. The ghostly entity, Aiden, is a nice concept for the game and this clip got me all the more intrigued. I for one enjoyed Heavy Rain but this has been described as a complete departure, can't wait to see more.
sammikid 61

PSN ID: SammIKid

Re: Beyond: Two Souls - first hands-on preview goes live wit

Postby JOHNKARA » 21 Mar 2013, 18:46

GENIUS - DAVID CAGE IS A GENIUS.

LOVING THE STYLE AND GAMEPLAY - IT IS SO INNOVATIVE - WOW
Gina Stein
JOHNKARA 46

Postby MrPirtniw » 21 Mar 2013, 18:56

Think I'll still to just watching it on Youtube or something.
"Stop your putrid whining you dank tuft of rectal pubic hair."
Currently playing:
MrPirtniw 71

Xbox Live: Tysh0

Postby CatfishMurphy » 21 Mar 2013, 20:38

JOHNKARA wrote:GENIUS - DAVID CAGE IS A GENIUS.

YOU'RE RIGHT! I can't believe the huge amount of polygons, which as we all know are directly correlated to the amount of emotional conveyance any piece of culture can achieve, he has managed to fit on the screen there.

I mean there was me thinking that the Walking Dead and Spec Ops: The Line were terrifically engaging and emotionally wrought experiences, but now I see there were missing a substantial amount of polygons which was much to detriment of properly drawn out characters, purposeful plots and satires on current gaming habits. I mean for all their good writing and soul searching provocation, did they really have enough polygons? I don't think so, and therefore this game is going to be the s**t.
Last edited by CatfishMurphy on 21 Mar 2013, 21:05, edited 1 time in total.
CatfishMurphy 38

Postby FishyGinger » 21 Mar 2013, 20:43

CatfishMurphy wrote:
JOHNKARA wrote:GENIUS - DAVID CAGE IS A GENIUS.

YOU'RE RIGHT! I can't believe the huge amount of polygons, which as we all know are directly correlated to the amount of emotional conveyance any piece of culture can achieve, he has managed to fit on the screen there.

I mean there was me thinking that the Walking Dead and Spec Ops: The Line were terrifically engaging and emotionally wrought experiences, but now I see there were missing a substantial amount of polygons which was much to detriment of properly drawn out characters, purposeful plots and satires on current gaming habits. I mean for all their good writing and soul searching provocation, did they really have enough polygons? I don't so think so, and therefore this game is going to be the s**t.

You would explode if you watched some of Nick Cages acting, his emotional range is at least twice that of your bog standard Keanu Reeves.

That was relevant in my head because Nicholas Cage is father to David Cage. And mother to Johnny Cage. And 3rd cousin to Sylvester Stallone.

Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
FishyGinger 70

Postby CatfishMurphy » 21 Mar 2013, 20:51

FishyGinger wrote:
CatfishMurphy wrote:

I mean there was me thinking that the Walking Dead and Spec Ops: The Line were terrifically engaging and emotionally wrought experiences, but now I see there were missing a substantial amount of polygons which was much to detriment of properly drawn out characters, purposeful plots and satires on current gaming habits. I mean for all their good writing and soul searching provocation, did they really have enough polygons? I don't so think so, and therefore this game is going to be the s**t.

You would explode if you watched some of Nick Cages acting, his emotional range is at least twice that of your bog standard Keanu Reeves.

I wouldn't be so sure. Keanu Reeves is made up of considerably more polygons than Nick Cage, and Keanu has GDDR5 memory! You must be smoking some weird s**t to even think that, but then you probably work for Nick Cage, have his pictures all over your wall, and you probably can't even afford a Keanu Reeves.
CatfishMurphy 38

Postby Fr33Kye » 21 Mar 2013, 22:46

Yes yes david cage said some s**t that made him sound like a stupid prick. That doesn't change that this looks FANTASTIC. And fighting as Ellen Paige has come up in at least 9 of my dreams. I'm very very excited.
Fr33Kye 71

Postby Onomatopoeia » 21 Mar 2013, 23:08

It looks OK or at least better than QTE Rain.
Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/Ono_Reviews
Check out my blog on the industry and game reviews:http://www.onoreviews.tumblr.com
Onomatopoeia 32

Postby CatfishMurphy » 21 Mar 2013, 23:13

Fr33Kye wrote:Yes yes david cage said some s**t that made him sound like a stupid prick. That doesn't change that this looks FANTASTIC. And fighting as Ellen Paige has come up in at least 9 of my dreams. I'm very very excited.

How many polygons were in your dreams? Bet it's not as many as David Cage, he's the master of polygons. He even wrote this poem on the subject of his mastery of polygons:

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Polygons are emotion,
Poems are hard,
Polygons.
CatfishMurphy 38

Postby Onomatopoeia » 21 Mar 2013, 23:21

CatfishMurphy wrote:How many polygons were in your dreams? Bet it's not as many as David Cage, he's the master of polygons. He even wrote this poem on the subject of his mastery of polygons:

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Polygons are emotion,
Poems are hard,
Polygons.

Cage is delusional, he thinks you need more polygons to create more emotion. Yet look at the Walking Dead which has about 5 per character.
Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/Ono_Reviews
Check out my blog on the industry and game reviews:http://www.onoreviews.tumblr.com
Onomatopoeia 32

Postby CatfishMurphy » 21 Mar 2013, 23:35

Onomatopoeia wrote:
CatfishMurphy wrote:How many polygons were in your dreams? Bet it's not as many as David Cage, he's the master of polygons. He even wrote this poem on the subject of his mastery of polygons:

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Polygons are emotion,
Poems are hard,
Polygons.

Cage is delusional, he thinks you need more polygons to create more emotion. Yet look at the Walking Dead which has about 5 per character.

Yes and that was terrible game solely because of that reason. It's the same with Portal, Journey, Half Life 2, Limbo, Red Dead Redemption, Bastion, etc; all these games had good ideas, but where were the polygons?

I mean Skyrim had lots of polygons but it spread them out too far to create the critical mass necessary to generate emotion. And to think I spent 250 hours crawling around just waiting for the emotion to happen only for David Cage to inform us all that we'd all been wasting our time because there simply weren't enough polygons in it, I felt such a fool.

Now I have concerns that there won't be enough polygons in Bioshock: Infinite as I don't think there was enough in the first one. So what if it was loaded with subtext and allegory, terror and wonder, it was simply deficient in polygons to make any real impact. I mean who remembers the first Bioshock now? No one with enough polygons in their face, that's for sure.
CatfishMurphy 38

Postby MrPirtniw » 21 Mar 2013, 23:53

CatfishMurphy wrote: How many polygons were in your dreams? Bet it's not as many as David Cage, he's the master of polygons. He even wrote this poem on the subject of his mastery of polygons:

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Polygons are emotion,
Poems are hard,
Polygons.

:lol: :lol: :lol: It's funny because it's true.

And because I'm easily amused.
"Stop your putrid whining you dank tuft of rectal pubic hair."
Currently playing:
MrPirtniw 71

Xbox Live: Tysh0

Postby sammikid » 22 Mar 2013, 01:33

CatfishMurphy wrote:
Yes and that was terrible game solely because of that reason. It's the same with Portal, Journey, Half Life 2, Limbo, Red Dead Redemption, Bastion, etc; all these games had good ideas, but where were the polygons?

Was there motion capture involved in any of those games? I rest my case.

by the by, you don't do sarcasm all that well
sammikid 61

PSN ID: SammIKid

Postby CatfishMurphy » 22 Mar 2013, 02:18

sammikid wrote:
CatfishMurphy wrote:

Was there motion capture involved in any of those games? I rest my case.

by the by, you don't do sarcasm all that well

Sorry, there wasn't enough polygons in your reply for me to understand it. Try doing your reply with motion capture next time, that should help.
CatfishMurphy 38

Next