Deus Ex Wii U features overhauled boss fights, New Game+

Your comments on our articles.

First screens: Director's Cut is "the ultimate version" of Deus Ex, says dev

Square Enix has officially announced Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut "exclusively" for Wii U.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Deus Ex Wii U features overhauled boss fights, New Game+

Postby AJDarkstar » 20 Mar 2013, 14:07

It's nice to see devs giving the Wii U the love it deserves at long last. I have this on PS3, though haven't played much of it (criminal, I know), so I won't get this at full price, but down the line at a discount... who knows? It may depend on those controversial boss fights.
http://ade-hawkins.blogspot.com/
AJDarkstar 47

Xbox Live: A J Darkstar
PSN ID: AJDarkstar
Steam: AJDarkstar

Re: Deus Ex Wii U features overhauled boss fights, New Game+

Postby TheRexFactor » 20 Mar 2013, 14:16

Have it on PC, but the improvements sound fairly tempting.

If I get a WiiU down the line I'd probably get this, the game is pretty worth it
TheRexFactor 77

Postby RavenxPrime » 20 Mar 2013, 14:36

Will defo be picking this up, played it on 360 but gave up at the 1st boss lol.

If they've tweaked the boss fights to fit in with the style of the rest of the game, then I can see this being a really enjoyable pick up :D

Would love an announcement of a combined Borderlands 1+2 with all DLC, PC textures and extra enemies :lol:
RavenxPrime 40

Postby apalmer28 » 20 Mar 2013, 14:54

Typhoon Augmentation = Boss Killer, well more of Boss eliminator as it's completely removed any challenge from taking them on.

Great game on 360 though, hope the couple of Wii U owners really enjoy it too. :mrgreen:
apalmer28 58

Xbox Live: Futureshark
PSN ID: Futureshark

Postby Willypiggy » 20 Mar 2013, 14:57

I loved this on PC and did finished it at least 4 or 5 times. If there really are this many improvements then I may very well buy it again once I get a Wii U, some of these new features sound great.
Willypiggy 47

Postby ichikatakuri » 20 Mar 2013, 15:00

I had this for my 360 which I got rid of to purchase my Wii u, I would love to play through it properly as that first boss fight put me off too.
ichikatakuri 6
New user

Postby Beetle Bum » 20 Mar 2013, 15:57

played this game based on the awesome trailer and cool looking visuals but was dissapointed by the whole gameplay. Plus the boss fights were awfull.
Beetle Bum 50

Postby Asinine » 20 Mar 2013, 15:57

Excellent, its a shame that Deus Ex is completely s**t.
Asinine 49

Postby photoboy » 20 Mar 2013, 16:58

Really enjoyed this on 360 and PC and I've recently had a real hankering to replay it again so this could be good timing. It would be cool if they've updated the endings, as I thought they were disappointing and didn't really relate to the characters or story very much. Also, I really hope it has off-screen play, that's a killer feature for me as it means I can carry on playing when the lounge TV is being used for X-Factor, Britain's Got Talent, etc, etc...
photoboy 49

Postby TheCrimsonFenix » 20 Mar 2013, 18:27

One of my favourite games this gen, and there's few on my list. Even the boss fights didn't hurt my impressions that much but the alteration of them in this edition intrigues me.
Hatspank

Has the hots for: Several friends, that quiet brunette down the street, Kai from Heavenly Sword, sonic_uk, Multiplayerking, Doug, and probably your sister and/or mother.
TheCrimsonFenix 70

PSN ID: Crimson-Phoenixx

Postby Penguin101 » 20 Mar 2013, 18:58

I think what will really sell me is some gameplay shots, especially a boss battle comparison example on how different the two versions are gameplay wise.

Of course visuals aren't everything, but it'd be nice for someone to do some side by side comparisons with the PC, PS360 and Wii U version and see how close it is visually to the PC version on max settings. again visuals wont sell me, but the have claimed a visually superior console version, I just want some proof on that claim.
Penguin101 32

Postby illage2 » 21 Mar 2013, 10:29

I have a very carefully constructed and crafted question that I believe is relevant to this discussion ......

When's it out?
ImageImage
illage2 54

Xbox Live: illage4
PSN ID: illage2
Steam: illage2
xFire: illage2

Postby vulcanraven01 » 21 Mar 2013, 11:58

This was the sleeper hit of last year for me.
Brilliant game only let down by the poor boss fights.
The whole game lets you take whatever approach you want, then you reach a boss fight, and any stealth element or what not goes out the window, leaving you with a typical arcade-style boss fight on your hands.
Not a Wii U owner, so will be missing out on this, but if you own that console, give this game a go.
Will be worth it if it's available at the £25-30 price point in the future.
vulcanraven01 59

Postby TheCrimsonFenix » 21 Mar 2013, 12:40

They say the boss battle maps have been adapted to make use of the game's stealth, combat and hacking mechanics but exactly how much will that affect the outcome of the battle ? The boss battle complaints weren't just because it was a one on one battle with them, it was also because of them dying no matter what. They could very well be saying you can stealth your way around and take them on with a takedown or hack some turrets to assist you but what use would that be if it all possibly leads to the same binkvideo cutscene showing your character murderising the boss no matter what approach you took?

I still remember seeing crates hanging from above in the warehouse during the first boss battle and thinking because it's a Deus Ex game I might have had the choice to drop them on him or something, knock him out to be encountered at a later time, or even talk my way out of it with some great dialogue.
Hatspank

Has the hots for: Several friends, that quiet brunette down the street, Kai from Heavenly Sword, sonic_uk, Multiplayerking, Doug, and probably your sister and/or mother.
TheCrimsonFenix 70

PSN ID: Crimson-Phoenixx

Postby MANYOO4EVA » 21 Mar 2013, 13:20

I think this is a bit of a p*** take that the Wii U is getting the ultimate version with amended boss fights when it is the ppl who bought the game on 360/PS3/PC and made it a hit, have to make do with the inferior version and lame boss fights.

I haven't got to the 1st boss yet, but if it is ridiculous as ppls say then I'm not sure if i'm gonna see it through.

Ninja Gaiden 2 had the cheapest boss fights I've ever played in a game, and if they are anything like that in DEHR then the disc will be flying out of my bedroom window (only paid £6 for Deus Ex HR - brand new from Amazon).
MANYOO4EVA 40