to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Dev discusses next Tomb Raider: 'As Lara grows, so must her

Your comments on our articles.

Crystal Dynamics 'excited to take Lara on new adventures'

Key members of Crystal Dynamics' Tomb Raider team have taken to Reddit to offer hints at the series' future direction.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby gillri » 20 Mar 2013, 13:26

well done guys! awesome reboot! now throw me underground for all or the majority of the game and let me navigate huge, intrivate tombs with a complete sense of isolation like the first Tomb raider did all those years ago
gillri 50

Re: Dev discusses next Tomb Raider: 'As Lara grows, so must

Postby turricantg » 20 Mar 2013, 13:30

So Lara must grow.....

Is she going to have another boob job?
turricantg 23

Xbox Live: wigla

Postby MrPirtniw » 20 Mar 2013, 13:36

gillri wrote:well done guys! awesome reboot! now throw me underground for all or the majority of the game and let me navigate huge, intrivate tombs with a complete sense of isolation like the first Tomb raider did all those years ago

Absolutely! Loving the new Tomb Raider- best game I've played since Deus Ex: HR but as much as love exploring the island, I'd love to see a return to the huge sprawling tombs that required loads of adventuring and a bit of lateral thinking. Tone down the gun fights a bit and cut down on the forgettable characters and I'll name my first born Crystal or Dynamic (gender depending).

The abuse they recieve ar school will be worth it.
"Stop your putrid whining you dank tuft of rectal pubic hair."
Currently playing:
MrPirtniw 71

Xbox Live: Tysh0

Postby Jingee » 20 Mar 2013, 13:54

Needs more Egypt. f**k, I LOVED the Egypt levels in the old games. They were moody, with the only sounds being made by Lara, and the occasional Sphinx attack. MORE.
Jingee 50

Postby richomack360 » 20 Mar 2013, 14:44

B-b-b-but you have a female lead character and it sold well ???? What ?!?!!? Someone tell Jean-Max Morris this !!!!
Twitter - @richomack360, XBL: richomack360

R.I.P. Rik Mayall - British comedy has lost an icon and a jolly nice b'stard.
richomack360 60
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: richomack360

Postby rubblemaker » 20 Mar 2013, 15:32

dear me, if I see one more person ask for 'more tombs' I'll scream. They know! its been asked a billion zillion trillion quadrillion umpteenillion paininthassillion times, under every Tomb raider 2013 article or in every forum by at least the first 6 posts. Just read a few backdated articles on this site and see what I mean. 'Really loving the game but... here's an original idea of mine... they need more tombs!'...... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

One the subject of it being non-linear... mmm... not so sure I'd agree with that. It was an awesome game but non-linear it was not. Lots of narrow corridor-like straight lines between fairly small hubs perhaps. Certainly very, very far from the original 'open world' premise they offered when development began.
rubblemaker 42

Postby Rammsoldat » 20 Mar 2013, 15:44

rubblemaker wrote:dear me, if I see one more person ask for 'more tombs' I'll scream. They know! its been asked a billion zillion trillion quadrillion umpteenillion paininthassillion times, under every Tomb raider 2013 article or in every forum by at least the first 6 posts. Just read a few backdated articles on this site and see what I mean. 'Really loving the game but... here's an original idea of mine... they need more tombs!'...... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

One the subject of it being non-linear... mmm... not so sure I'd agree with that. It was an awesome game but non-linear it was not. Lots of narrow corridor-like straight lines between fairly small hubs perhaps. Certainly very, very far from the original 'open world' premise they offered when development began.

more tombs plz
#PS4noDRM into the Universe, towards the stars we go
Rammsoldat 59

Xbox Live: brand3d on3
PSN ID: Rammsoldat
Steam: Rammsoldat

Postby ingy » 20 Mar 2013, 16:05

rubblemaker wrote:dear me, if I see one more person ask for 'more tombs' I'll scream. They know! its been asked a billion zillion trillion quadrillion umpteenillion paininthassillion times, under every Tomb raider 2013 article or in every forum by at least the first 6 posts. Just read a few backdated articles on this site and see what I mean. 'Really loving the game but... here's an original idea of mine... they need more tombs!'...... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Loved the game,....if only it had more, and bigger tombs.
ingy 64

Postby rubblemaker » 20 Mar 2013, 16:13

I so asked for that... :(
rubblemaker 42

Postby lmimmfn » 20 Mar 2013, 16:35

and bigger boobs next time too
I HATE fanboys, fanboy - "Fanboys are noted for a very emotional attachment to their chosen subject, often taking negative remarks about it as a personal attack."
lmimmfn 61

Postby richomack360 » 20 Mar 2013, 17:23

Waht should she raid then ? Cypriot saving funds ?

Zing.
Twitter - @richomack360, XBL: richomack360

R.I.P. Rik Mayall - British comedy has lost an icon and a jolly nice b'stard.
richomack360 60
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: richomack360

Postby TheCrimsonFenix » 20 Mar 2013, 18:21

I'm having a hit and miss experience with the new game myself but the Lara growing thing baffles me. She went from vulnerable to badass unthinking killer pretty quickly in it. Outside of the cutscenes I didn't ever get the feeling she was desperate.
Hatspank

Has the hots for: Several friends, that quiet brunette down the street, Kai from Heavenly Sword, sonic_uk, Multiplayerking, Doug, and probably your sister and/or mother.
TheCrimsonFenix 70

PSN ID: Crimson-Phoenixx

Postby G00N3R » 20 Mar 2013, 18:44

Just finished the game this afternoon, really enjoyed it. I don't think they need to change much for future games (which means they'll undoubtably change everything). My wishlist would be

1) Larger scale puzzles.
2) Eliminate QTEs.
3) Less people killing. I mean the new combat system was great, but seriously how many hundreds of people were in that cult? Every time I thought an area was clear, another 20 guys came out of nowhere :roll:
G00N3R 49

Postby sibear » 20 Mar 2013, 21:22

Absolutely loved the reboot. One of my fave games this gen. The game was a little combat heavy but at least the combat was very, very good. Better combat than almost every third person shooter. I'll be looking forward to the next game but I hope they don't waste time on MP. I haven't even bothered to try the MP and doubt I ever will.
sibear 47

Postby JPTiger » 21 Mar 2013, 02:56

What's up with the obsession with Lara Croft and boobs? If you want boobs, play Dead or Alive 5! I like boobs myself but in this reboot hers were fine for me :)
JPTiger 42

Next