Activision to share Fast & Furious details 'in the coming we

Your comments on our articles.

Firm confirms work on a movie tie-in

Activision has told us it'll offer the first official details about its upcoming Fast & Furious game shortly.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby billysastard » 20 Mar 2013, 10:21

is anyone even bothered about this? seriously, an activision movie cash in based on a film that itself is a cash in, i think we all know how great that is likely to turn out.

billysastard 63

Xbox Live: ImpaledGryphon
PSN ID: Impaled-Gryphon
Wii Code: wiiu-ImpaledGryphon
Steam: ImpaledGryphon

Postby Ali_ » 20 Mar 2013, 10:22

This sounds AMAZING......oh, wait, no it doesn't.
Ali_ 58

Re: Activision to share Fast & Furious details 'in the comin

Postby RustySpoon80 » 20 Mar 2013, 10:37

First person shooter anyone? :D
RustySpoon80 56

Postby El Mag » 20 Mar 2013, 10:39

It could work if it was a download game that played a bit like Pursuit Force.

But it won't, so it won't.
Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
El Mag 68

Xbox Live: El Maggio
PSN ID: ElMagnifico83

Postby Ali_ » 20 Mar 2013, 10:43

It could work if it was......actually, I just don't give a s**t...
Ali_ 58

Postby stato257 » 20 Mar 2013, 11:14

so basically you get to drive the same old cars that's been in every other game of this type for years wrapped up in a film franchise thats past its sell by date. This has gone straight to the top of my 2013 wish list.
stato257 43

Postby sonic_uk » 20 Mar 2013, 11:19

Love the first movie, and the last two were ok (as they follow on the plot of the first film). Not sure how a game is going to compete though, there are already so many established arcade racing games out there, its going to have to be quite special to stand a chance and for whatever reason I just doubt it will be somehow.
Own...360(Slim), Ps4, Ps3(SuperSlim), Ps2, Ps1, PsVita, XperiaPlay, Gamecube, Snes, Dreamcast, Megadrive, MegaCd 2, Saturn, Gamegear, PC

Owned...Acorn Electron, Atari 2600, Gameboy, Master System, 32x, GBA SP, Xbox, Psp, 360(Premium), Ps3(BC), Wii(BC)
sonic_uk 56

Postby Penguin101 » 20 Mar 2013, 11:52

Games based on Film and TV are always bad. Look at Walking Dead Survival Instinct
Penguin101 32

Postby KK-Headcharge78 » 20 Mar 2013, 13:10

Are we really at a point where we decide a game is bad even before any video based on who publishes it?

Superb gaming commentary on the YouTubes; ZeroPunctuation, Jimquisition, Giant Bomb, ThedodgyKebab
Check out my Advanced Warfare MP review; http://www.rosetintedgamers.com/2014/11/13/call-of-duty-advance-warfare-multi-player/
KK-Headcharge78 64

Xbox Live: FragHappyChappy
PSN ID: slypuss7881
Steam: slypuss7881

Postby billysastard » 20 Mar 2013, 23:07

KK-Headcharge78 wrote:Are we really at a point where we decide a game is bad even before any video based on who publishes it?

yes, i think we are when it comes to activision and licensed tv / movie games.

they release their latest tie in (or should that be cash in) this week, here is what kotaku had to say about it....

There are so many superior alternatives: If you've got a hankering to kill some zombies in a southern setting, play Left 4 Dead 2. If you love The Walking Dead and want to spend more time in that world, play Telltale's wonderful adventure game from last year. And if you want to play a tense, terrifying first-person zombie game that relies on smarts and sneaking as much as on firepower (and you own a Wii U), play ZombiU.

I can think of no compelling reason why anyone should play this game. Ugly, flat, boring, aggravating and often broken, The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct is the purest form of video game garbage. It's utterly unworthy of your time and money.

Source: http://kotaku.com/5991559/the-walking-d ... -this-year

or, how about their last one?

Eventually what 007 Legends offered me wasn't homage or tribute, but rather existential horror. As I stood high on my sniper perch above my enemies-which all looked the same (they were always the same, endless horde of similar faces)—I noticed something unsettling. Enemies would scatter like ants to the exact spots as those before them, eventually creating large mountains of human flesh that, bafflingly, more people braved. Could they not see what was happening around them? Or did the game's code bind them to a destiny they could not prevent? One by one I saw my enemies practically line up for their turn, acting like modern sacrifices—not to a Mayan god, but to corporate greed.

It was like they begged, "Free me from my mortal coil!" And I did, for if I lived in this meaningless world, I'd want to die too.

Source: http://kotaku.com/5953642/007-legends-the-kotaku-review

billysastard 63

Postby KK-Headcharge78 » 21 Mar 2013, 02:10

That's your view and there is a an element of truth re most movie tie ins however I will always wait to see the nuts of a game before making judgements, for example while most were s**t I actually enjoyed Bloodstone.

Superb gaming commentary on the YouTubes; ZeroPunctuation, Jimquisition, Giant Bomb, ThedodgyKebab
Check out my Advanced Warfare MP review; http://www.rosetintedgamers.com/2014/11/13/call-of-duty-advance-warfare-multi-player/
KK-Headcharge78 64

Xbox Live: FragHappyChappy
PSN ID: slypuss7881
Steam: slypuss7881

Postby billysastard » 21 Mar 2013, 09:13

KK-Headcharge78 wrote:That's your view and there is a an element of truth re most movie tie ins however I will always wait to see the nuts of a game before making judgements, for example while most were s**t I actually enjoyed Bloodstone.

ha, yes, the exception that proves the rule ;)

surely its better though to expect it will be utter trash and get a nice surprise if it isnt than to expect something good and end up with an aliens:cm (not activision but high in the wtf did i just buy stakes).

billysastard 63

Postby sonic_uk » 21 Mar 2013, 13:27

Penguin101 wrote:Games based on Film and TV are always bad. Look at Walking Dead Survival Instinct

Mostly yes, but not always. I enjoyed the recent Tron game, and the Batman AA games are pretty decent. Terminator Salvation was pretty good fun for a few hours (although that's how long the game actually lasts), and Terminator 3 The Redemption was also pretty good. Jurassic Park Trespasser was also really good as was the Snes version of Jurassic Park. There are others I could mention too. Movie games are mostly crap but occasionally a decent one will come out.
Own...360(Slim), Ps4, Ps3(SuperSlim), Ps2, Ps1, PsVita, XperiaPlay, Gamecube, Snes, Dreamcast, Megadrive, MegaCd 2, Saturn, Gamegear, PC

Owned...Acorn Electron, Atari 2600, Gameboy, Master System, 32x, GBA SP, Xbox, Psp, 360(Premium), Ps3(BC), Wii(BC)
sonic_uk 56