to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Gears of War: Judgment multiplayer demo out now

Your comments on our articles.

Sample the series' new OverRun mode

Microsoft has released the previously announced Gears of War: Judgment multiplayer demo.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby tigertron » 19 Mar 2013, 14:22

Downloading the demo now. Thanks for the heads up CVG!
tigertron 43

Postby TheLastDodo » 19 Mar 2013, 14:25

Yep cheers CVG, wasn't aware of this, just about to start Act 3 of Gears 3 but will still get this later.
TheLastDodo 77

Re: Gears of War: Judgment multiplayer demo out now

Postby Druggedchimp » 19 Mar 2013, 15:03

Where is the demo? How do I find it? I have a UK Xbox account and am in the middle of a free gold account trial. Cannot find the judgment demo anywhere. Have tried searching for it but all I'm getting is the VIP pass, theme, videos and avatar customisations associated with the game. Is it out in the UK yet or do I need to have preordered?
Druggedchimp 30

Postby Tivan » 19 Mar 2013, 15:26

Hi Druggedchimp, the demo is exclusive to XBL Gold members. If your trial makes you eligible, you should be able to sign into your account and start the download online here: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Produ ... 024d538a7d
Tivan
CVG Staff

Postby Druggedchimp » 19 Mar 2013, 17:33

Thanks Tivan, got it downloading now. Also ended up getting the RAAM's shadow DLC which I wasn't aware of being available. Bought an Xbox in addition to my PS3, which I've had since launch, when the playstation network got hacked and was offline. Got halo and gears 1 and 2, gears is now one of my favourite franchises I and am looking forward to getting judgement on Friday. The demo should help get my active reload timing back in time for the release. Disappointed that Microsoft seem to have wasted the last few years pushing kinetic and not investing in any new IPs - would have been interested in the new Xbox but rumours seem to suggest Microsoft are marketing more of a home entertainment media box. Sony's ps4 reveal also looks like Microsoft will no longer have the edge when it comes to performance of multi platform titles. Maybe the rumours will be false. I'll probably end up owning an Xbox towards the end of the next cycle again, if only for the gears franchise.
Druggedchimp 30

Postby welshy32 » 19 Mar 2013, 17:58

I got a download code for this last weekend as a pre-order bonus from Game.. Spend a few hours on it so far.. It's pretty fun, takes a little while to get used to, but already missing the horde mode. This feels a bit less team oriented, which is a shame. Can see me spending many hours on it, but not the relentless time spent on Gears 1 - 3.
welshy32 36

Postby billysastard » 19 Mar 2013, 18:36

Druggedchimp wrote:Where is the demo? How do I find it? I have a UK Xbox account and am in the middle of a free gold account trial. Cannot find the judgment demo anywhere. Have tried searching for it but all I'm getting is the VIP pass, theme, videos and avatar customisations associated with the game. Is it out in the UK yet or do I need to have preordered?

on the uk account its in games / store / demos / new releases / then scroll right and its on the 2nd screen (at 1080p).

billysastard 62

Xbox Live: ImpaledGryphon
PSN ID: Impaled-Gryphon
Wii Code: wiiu-ImpaledGryphon
Steam: ImpaledGryphon

Postby KK-Headcharge78 » 19 Mar 2013, 19:59

TheLastDodo wrote:Yep cheers CVG, wasn't aware of this, just about to start Act 3 of Gears 3 but will still get this later.

Taking your time mate, thought you'd have finished it by now :wink:

KK-Headcharge78 62

Xbox Live: Bison VS Mario
PSN ID: slypuss7881

Postby TheLastDodo » 19 Mar 2013, 20:06

I'm juggling Gears and God of War, wanna get God of War finished then I can trade in for Bioshock. Will be popping on Gears 3 later though if you fancy helping out KK :)
TheLastDodo 77