Fez hits Steam May 1, creator 'working with Sony' on Vita ve

Your comments on our articles.

Phil Fish announces multi-platform releases for his pixelated puzzler

Xbox Live Arcade puzzle platformer Fez is branching out to Windows PC, Linux and possibly Vita in coming months.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Fez hits Steam May 1, creator 'working with Sony' on Vita ve

Postby mrlister » 18 Mar 2013, 23:03

Thank goodness for that! Yes, I will buy it again. One that works this time, or at least a patchable version!
mrlister 46

Xbox Live: Shinishii
PSN ID: Shinishii
Steam: Shinishii

Re: Fez hits Steam May 1, creator 'working with Sony' on Vit

Postby zinaptik » 18 Mar 2013, 23:23

I recommend everyone watch the movie that follows these guys and super meet boy/braid the amount of blood and sweat the guys put in would push anyone over. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1942884/
zinaptik 47

Postby tanukilou » 19 Mar 2013, 00:44

That would be an amazing note for Vita.. this game seemed perfect for a handheld.
tanukilou 48

Postby tanukilou » 19 Mar 2013, 00:46

zinaptik wrote:I recommend everyone watch the movie that follows these guys and super meet boy/braid the amount of blood and sweat the guys put in would push anyone over. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1942884/

Great film ^^
tanukilou 48

Postby chunkysatsuma » 19 Mar 2013, 05:22

I know I am in the minority here but I just didn't like Fez.

I loved Braid, I still play Supermeat Boy, bastion is one of my top five games this gen so it's not that I need triple a graphics etc its just Fez struck me as a game that was better in development then reality. The idea of the game was more exciting than the rather bland slightly ripped off game that was available. All I could think when playing it was "really? This is the game from the guy that slagged off the entire Japanese game industry?"

Again, I know loads of people loved the game and I understand that I may just not get it, but personally I'd be more excited if he could release another game rather than keep beating the Fez horse.
chunkysatsuma 45

Postby MrPirtniw » 19 Mar 2013, 06:09

chunkysatsuma wrote:I know I am in the minority here but I just didn't like Fez.

I loved Braid, I still play Supermeat Boy, bastion is one of my top five games this gen so it's not that I need triple a graphics etc its just Fez struck me as a game that was better in development then reality. The idea of the game was more exciting than the rather bland slightly ripped off game that was available. All I could think when playing it was "really? This is the game from the guy that slagged off the entire Japanese game industry?"

Again, I know loads of people loved the game and I understand that I may just not get it, but personally I'd be more excited if he could release another game rather than keep beating the Fez horse.

If you take that back then that will be the end of it. However, if you don't- I will find you...

...and I WILL annoy you.
"Stop your putrid whining you dank tuft of rectal pubic hair."
Currently playing:
MrPirtniw 71

Xbox Live: Tysh0
PSN ID: MrPirtniw

Postby kiddoblivion » 19 Mar 2013, 09:20

Can someone please explain to me why Sony is not making it their TOP priority that games like Braid, Supermeat Boy, Bastion, Limbo and Fez are released as downloadable PSVITA games because this baffles me.

I try playing these games on console but they've just always felt like they'd be more at home on a smaller screen, if you know what I mean. Games like Tomb Raider, GOW:Ascension and GOW:Judgement belong on huge TV screens but these games would be perfect for PSVITA but it hasn't happened and it doesn't seem as if it'll ever happen (except hopefully Fez) and I can't understand why.
kiddoblivion 41

Postby mattdark » 19 Mar 2013, 10:14

Im glad to see this may appear on sony, though I dont know if I will go for the Vita or Steam version now. Will have to see what the price is like on steam.
PSN - MattDark86
Currently playing;
- Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls
- Hyrule Warriors
- Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call
mattdark 54

PSN ID: MattDark86

Postby laslowoodbine » 19 Mar 2013, 10:18

kiddoblivion wrote:Can someone please explain to me why Sony is not making it their TOP priority that games like Braid, Supermeat Boy, Bastion, Limbo and Fez are released as downloadable PSVITA games because this baffles me.

I try playing these games on console but they've just always felt like they'd be more at home on a smaller screen, if you know what I mean. Games like Tomb Raider, GOW:Ascension and GOW:Judgement belong on huge TV screens but these games would be perfect for PSVITA but it hasn't happened and it doesn't seem as if it'll ever happen (except hopefully Fez) and I can't understand why.

There are plenty of games like this coming and currently on Vita such as mutant blob, sound shapes, lone survivor and I can't remember the others but I'll have a look later and edit my post.

But you are right limbo and others could do with being on the Vita but possibly Fez is the beginning of those mainly Xbox live games making their way over.
laslowoodbine 51

Postby ricflair » 19 Mar 2013, 10:38

I thought Fez was a great idea, but poorly executed/structured in places. It's hard sometimes to see past the beautiful world, sound/music and the idea, but as a puzzle platformer, it could have been tighter I think.

Perfect game for Vita though, let's just hope it doesn't need patching.
Future Plc, you bloody idiots.

RIP CVG. Long live CVGSC!! http://cvgsc.boards.net - http://thewildbunchcvg.wix.com/cvgsc
ricflair 78

Xbox Live: Ric Flair78
PSN ID: RicFlair78
Steam: RicFlair78
Battle.net: Wii U: RicFlair

Postby brookie_2001 » 19 Mar 2013, 10:53

I like Fez but i was hoping for a more story orientated quest based adventure game. Instead we got a game which once worked out you could finish 100% in about 4 hours.

I would probably pick it up again for the Vita though. I need more games for it.
brookie_2001 62

Postby WHERESMYMONKEY » 19 Mar 2013, 11:16

It's great that its coming to Vita but part of me thinks the 3ds would be a better fit.
Comedy. gaming. Lemmings? You do the math www.laserlemming.com
WHERESMYMONKEY 66