to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Halo 4 DLC: Castle map pack screenshots

Your comments on our articles.

Three new images from next month's map pack

343 Industries has released a trio of new screenshots from upcoming Halo 4 DLC the Castle map pack.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Halo 4 DLC: Castle map pack screenshots

Postby sean5238 » 18 Mar 2013, 12:41

wow, these look amazing :/
sean5238 41

Xbox Live: sean5238
PSN ID: sean_5238

Re: Halo 4 DLC: Castle map pack screenshots

Postby FinalBillybong » 18 Mar 2013, 14:24

I lived and breathed Halo 1 through every game to Reach but I lost interest in Halo 4 very quickly.

I can't put my finger on it but something just didn't click this time!
Intel Core i7 930 2.8GHz

8GB Kingston Hyper-X 1600MHz DDR3 RAM

2 x R9 207X in CrossfireX

XBL Gamertag + Steam + iOS Gamecentre = FinalBillybong
FinalBillybong 48

Steam: finalbillybong

Postby Mat Ombler » 18 Mar 2013, 14:31

FinalBillybong wrote:I lived and breathed Halo 1 through every game to Reach but I lost interest in Halo 4 very quickly.

Probably the maps. They're terrible. And there's not really one fun game mode you can stick to. I think the addition of your k/d ratio appearing beside your gamer tag makes players play for a decent k/d rather than for fun.
Mat Ombler 33

Xbox Live: JADE GOODYS BR

Postby Old Skool Gamer » 18 Mar 2013, 14:48

FinalBillybong wrote:I lived and breathed Halo 1 through every game to Reach but I lost interest in Halo 4 very quickly.

Same here, have been a halo man since Halo 1, it was the reason why I gave up with Sony Playstation and got a crystal Xbox, now it has been turned into a farce, 343 Industries have ruined it completely, the lot of them should be sacked, it is a brand now, a name like COD, people just buy it for that reason, even if the game sucks like BLOPS 2. :roll:

It was overhyped from the beginning with all the fancy videos etc as everything is these days, they also ruined Reach with stupid changes as well.

The maps suck a big one, I won't be buying anymore in the future, and most of the people who used to play Halo have grown up and moved onto COD, WOW and Battlefield as an example.

We have had the best from COD & Halo now, now it's time for something new like a FPS MMO like Destiny from bungie, or BF4 hopefully will grow on the excellent BF3.
We can't stop now, this is Bat Country!
Old Skool Gamer 38

PSN ID: xXI_OLDSKOOL_IXx

Postby MrPirtniw » 18 Mar 2013, 15:16

I've been a Halo fan since the beginning too and I still enjoyed Halo 4. The difference is that 10 years ago I was living with a house mate and was a student so could play Halo whenever I wanted whereas now my gaming time is limited. I'd say the campaign isn't quite up to par with previous games (as cvg mentioned it seems a bit like Halo 2 in that regard) and I think it's down to the 360 being pushed beyond its limits- the levels just don't have that freedom or complexity the previous games had which is probably due to the stunning graphical enhancement. Once Halo 5 gets released on the next box I hope 343 really deliver. Oh, and the Prometheans weren't as fun to fight as the covenant.

As for multiplayer- I have no real gripes in the level design though some of them are quite cluttered. There's a good mix of map types and apart from being faster now very one can sprint it definately feels like Halo. What annoys me is the fact that your average life span once you hop in a vehicle has been drastically cut short thanks to everyone having sticky grenades and having barely any room to manoeuvre.

I'm sure 343 will listen to the criitisisms of the fans- taking up the Mantle (halo lore pun there) was always going to be a massive undertaking and was always going to get slammed by angry fans unless it was 100% perfect first time but what they've achieved so far has been pretty awesome. Roll on Halo 5.
"Stop your putrid whining you dank tuft of rectal pubic hair."
Currently playing:
MrPirtniw 70

Xbox Live: Tysh0

Postby Imaduck » 18 Mar 2013, 18:36

Look very nice :)

I got gripes with every Halo after CE frankly. I wish they'd remove bloom for a start. I get the idea, but it ruins the fun side, also give us back big AR clips please. So dull these days. Also, what the f**k happened to marines?! CE's marines are still the most believable "future soldiers" in design, they're the smartest, best gunners and the best characters! Halo 4's marines are horrible in all departments, worst yet.
Think my biggest gripes with 4 are:

. Needless redesigns including Chief, should've used the awesome skins and models they made for CE:A
. Overcomplicated crap. What's with all the silly little plates in the gear? So much going on. Waste of power and looks crap. Example - all Spartan feet. Same for the bodysuit, they gave it a snazzy texture that looks s**t and ruins performance.
. Sound quality is crud, soundtrack is understated and deviates from the theme of Halo far too much. You're adopting this universe not remaking it
. Few horrible colour filters in certain levels and areas. Desert level and parts of the first green level stand out.
. Severe lack of pine trees :cry:
. Del Rio is a f**king muppet, I can't believe for one second that he'd ever get put in command of a bin lorry never mind the Infinity.
. Visually, the scale is smaller. More ai on field but the "wallpaper" is generally not very impressive
. Useless, ugly UNSC decals on EVERYTHING. Waste.
. Spartan 4's introduced before 3's are properly brought in. Bring in the SPI's already! 4's are a characterless replacement for the beloved ODST.
Imaduck 58